• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hoplite Arms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m currently running a 0moa AI 34mm mount on my AT with PM2 with 50mm objective. I would like to add more cant because I have about 9mils below my zero and can’t access all the available travel in the knobs. I’m about 3mils shy.

Choices for mount heights seem to be 34mm or 38mm. IMO Something right in between would be perfect.

38mm would work fine as well. Currently the Spuhr 4602 is at the top of my very short list.

If you’re working on something similar it would also be at the top of my list.

If I were to choose perfect specs it would be 36mm height and 6 or 7mil of cant.
There are a few 36mm 20 MOA mounts available. Many were designed for the zcomp scopes.

I wonder if we could get Frank to do a review of one of the rifles in the proprietary cartridges up in CO on a windy day. Maybe the 7mm Leonidas or .30 Leonidas or .338 Leonidas.
Or perhaps what could be done with the 7mm and 6mm Xiphos rounds.

I'm assuming being able to shoot heavy projectiles faster that everyone else might do rather well when trying to shoot at distance in the wind.

I wonder if we could get Frank to do a review of one of the rifles in the proprietary cartridges up in CO on a windy day. Maybe the 7mm Leonidas or .30 Leonidas or .338 Leonidas.
Or perhaps what could be done with the 7mm and 6mm Xiphos rounds.

I'm assuming being able to shoot heavy projectiles faster that everyone else might do rather well when trying to shoot at distance in the wind.

Hi,

Once we get everything lined out and finalized for the High Pressure rounds I am good with that. (First phase is to finalize the weapon systems production themselves--second will be rollout of High Pressure cartridges)

Shit..if he wants to test the weapon system itself with traditional cartridges..I am good with that too.

No problem or issues at all with sending him a traditional cartridge chambered Kopis and Aspis (Phalanx will be closer to March-April,)....heck; he can take them during Shot Show if he would like.

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: b6graham
Theis once their out in the wild...you better bring a shit ton of ammo

Lines will be around the block

Theis once their out in the wild...you better bring a shit ton of ammo

Lines will be around the block

Hi,

Well.....
1567891506763.png

Ammo problem is solvable!!!

Sincerely,
Theis

Let’s hope so...
That HP stuff will fly off the shelves if it does what you say it will.

Never mind that space age/secrete squirrel shit nano stuff you posted about

Reactions: THEIS
Ahhhh
So we are going from what we want to see

To let’s make a list of the most expensive optics we can find. Lol
OK in that case I'm going to add another to the list.

Leica APO-Telyt-R 1:5.6/1600 mm
E5ZDJ2FH44TXLGFGTNHNUYXZEA.jpeg

Im pretty sure @THEIS has the contacts to get that piece of glass, at least when showing in the middle east. And don't say it doesn't have a reticle. I can clearly see one on top.

Hi,

@LeftyJason ....
Send me a couple of those guidance camera lens you have at the shop and I will make a new rifle optic haha.

Just remember... ET is watching you..
20190908_173715.jpg

Bahrain Defense Expo is coming up in the end of October....wonder what goodies can be found there.... ;)

Sincerely,
Theis

Last edited:
Reactions: Steel head
Hi,

@LeftyJason ....
Send me a couple of those guidance camera lens you have at the shop and I will make a new rifle optic haha.

View attachment 7144297

Bahrain Defense Expo is coming up in the end of October....wonder what goodies can be found there.... ;)

Sincerely,
Theis
Johnny 5 is alive!!!

Since we r still talking about this, I’ll add a quigley Ford, IOR, and of course we need a man portable Phoenix eye clip on.

Ahhhh
So we are going from what we want to see

To let’s make a list of the most expensive optics we can find. Lol

I think if that were the case then some of those optics could be replaced by more expensive options lol. I was thinking more of seen one s&b 5-25 and you've seen them all but saying that, who cares for the optics? I'd be a bit more interested in seeing the rifles rather than scopes that will have their own booth at shot.

Hi,

@LeftyJason ....

View attachment 7144297

Sincerely,
Theis
Sorry no access to that. We just make the engine and send them elsewhere. Pics pulled from Google image search.
BGM-109_Blk_III-1C.jpg
alcm.gif
twcruz45.jpg

Over 240 hours..

I wonder if it will be covered by flood insurance anymore ?

All joking aside that serious protection

boat accidents....

"Jewish lightening", term used in insurance companies

mu uncle owns one

Looks like 2 hours more and 6-8 inches of storm surge and you be rewiring equipment

Hi,

@DAVETOOLEY
Hope you put a gill net or something so you could at least get some fish out of the deal with Dorian...
You all seemed to be taking care of yourselves during the storm from what was discussed in PM, lol.
You all on pole power yet or still generator?

Edited To Add: Those of you that are prone (no pun intended lol) to boating accidents....
I can offer RFID embedding and tracking if you need it :)

Sincerely,
Theis

Nah this one was a piece of cake compared to Florence. Dorian was in fast and left fast. We had 3' more water with Florence. Florence got to within 7-8" of getting in the shop. That storm was a long event with 15+ inches of rain and the worst flooding ever here. Ocracoke Island on the outer Banks will never be the same. Not a single building left undamaged. We're 35 miles west and it could have just as bad here if it had turned slightly. That's life in paradise for you.

Reactions: MarinePMI
Hi,

@DAVETOOLEY
Hope you put a gill net or something so you could at least get some fish out of the deal with Dorian...
You all seemed to be taking care of yourselves during the storm from what was discussed in PM, lol.
You all on pole power yet or still generator?

Edited To Add: Those of you that are prone (no pun intended lol) to boating accidents....
I can offer RFID embedding and tracking if you need it :)

Sincerely,
Theis
We were without power 36 hours. Very little damage to the grid this time. Florence gave us a good pruning last year. We have a generator for the first floor of the house. Their choice of which circuits to power is a bit puzzling but I'm pretty good at McGivering so with a few jumpers we had AC, hot water and cold beer.
Edit
I forgot satellite TV.

Dorian McGivering.jpg

not to derail and talk about generators

in NY we were out of power for 10-12 days for both hurricanes (second time there was no gas either)

after the first one i ran pig tails with twin pole 60's to back feed with in all my panels, and the panel at the pool

put some big twist locks, and then made some s-cord "extension cords" for 60 amps 220

was afraid if the generator auto transfer switch died or the wires got pulled from the ground by roots id be screwed

Hi,

Never leave home without it :)
We also have another more "custom" loaded ammo source we are working with.

Sincerely,
Theis
As usual, you give just enough info to answer the question, then a hint or nugget to keep us lowly folk salivating. LOL

BTW, I strongly second the Hensoldt atop one of these rifles. I plan to have one as a gift to myself when I finish my first year with my next job.

And would you believe it... probably 10 years ago folks used to complain that the AI rifles were "too heavy". Today the AI rifles are "too light" HA!

I kind of like light if possible but mostly Not wanting to add weight for weight's sake unless it's needed for a bigger barrel etc.

Reactions: b6graham
And would you believe it... probably 10 years ago folks used to complain that the AI rifles were "too heavy". Today the AI rifles are "too light" HA!

I kind of like light if possible but mostly Not wanting to add weight for weight's sake unless it's needed for a bigger barrel etc.

Yep. My AT is 17.5-18lbs and it’s considered pretty lightweight compared to a lot of comp guns. ?

My gut says your looking to use the increases pressure envelope
Coupled with the HP cases
To get you right at the 3200 fps limit

Hi,

@clcustom1911
Your eyes are playing tricks on you, lol....
We haven't finished the BMG design to start the High Pressure testing with said ammunition mfg ;)
That Malta gun range is really nice though haha.

Here is what to keep your eyes out for in the big guns down the road....
View attachment 7145990

Sincerely,
Theis
Just fishing for info, Sir. ?

• Haha
Reactions: camotoe and THEIS
Looks like something used for the werewolf apocalypse lol
Ammo so sharp I bet I’ll make you bleed if you don’t pay attention loading mags

Hi,

@clcustom1911
Your eyes are playing tricks on you, lol....
We haven't finished the BMG design to start the High Pressure testing with said ammunition mfg ;)
That Malta gun range is really nice though haha.

Here is what to keep your eyes out for in the big guns down the road....
View attachment 7145990

Sincerely,
Theis

And this has to come along after I sold a big part of my collection to buy a Barrett....

It looks like I might have to go on the "Eat more Ramen" diet to save up for a third one of your fine rifles.

First I want the perfect just right model....
Then of course comes the temptation for a smaller model as well.... (of course AS Well not instead of)
Now I'm going to have to also get the Big Papa bear model as well....

Then comes the Army Jerry level of needing to buy all the ammo to stockpile... and this is not cheap bulk stuff either....

Now if I could just maybe turn my house into a charitable tax free trust foundation and not have to pay property taxes......

Reactions: alwaywatchyoursix
Yea, I’ll be running it in comps mainly. And the sentinel stocks aren’t overly heavy to begin with.

Hi,

Once we have one built with a Sentinel we will arrange a shooting location where you can put your hands on it and see IF and where you many want some additional weight. We can "lead" it for you to basically custom fit the weight to you.

Looks like something used for the werewolf apocalypse lol
Ammo so sharp I bet I’ll make you bleed if you don’t pay attention loading mags

Hi,
A few of them are rather unique ;) .
Still developing an implementation plan of which of those are easier to mfg here vs easier to import in.

Now if I could just maybe turn my house into a charitable tax free trust foundation and not have to pay property taxes......

Hi,

You looked into forming the Ammunition & Anarchy Non-Denominational Church? ?

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

Lets get a side topic going while programming finalize the magazine release and machines do their thing ? ...
What 4 scopes do you all that will be attending Shot Show want to see in our rifles?
Anything in particular anyone is wanting to see in regards to "how it looks and fits" when mounted?

Sincerely,
Theis
S&B 5-45
NF 7-35
ZCO 4-20
Kahles 5-25

Hi,

Once we have one built with a Sentinel we will arrange a shooting location where you can put your hands on it and see IF and where you many want some additional weight. We can "lead" it for you to basically custom fit the weight to you.

Hi,
A few of them are rather unique ;) .
Still developing an implementation plan of which of those are easier to mfg here vs easier to import in.

Hi,

You looked into forming the Ammunition & Anarchy Non-Denominational Church? ?

Sincerely,
Theis

I need a 47.5lb .308 so I can shoot tac class.......

An interesting project for those of us with more devious minds would be to take one of these new super rifles and put it in some super traditional looking wood old school hunting rifle stock, or possibly even a mannlicher style stock.

Then stick a customized scope on it that looks just like your old hunting scope, put like a 3 or 5 round very low profile mag that barely sticks out.

Then, you know, show up to the range to shoot 1k+ with your unsuspecting friends....

Hi,

Tech/Spec Time ?

Vacuum Hardening & Air Tempering instead of traditional nitride/salt bath quenching.
Nothing but upside to going this route such as significantly less distortion---something like 12 microns per 1.5" length part.
Can narrow tolerances down to a 5pt scale...nitride/salt bath is normally a larger pt scale....

Sincerely,
Theis

2019-09-13 (18).png

Ooook,

For us trigger pullers WTF does all that mean. Lol

Can you break it out a little, of maybe explain the diff...

Thanks.

Actually should have added.

For the guys that have other custom actions, do you get spec sheets like this?

Or do the mfg have this info avail.

Would be cool the see the diff...

Status
Not open for further replies.