• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hoplite Arms

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I'm understanding this correctly, the projectiles are injection molded?

If so, I know the process.

If I'm not correct, then you're pressure molding the polymer ON a completed tungsten projectile?

I worked for Precision Ammunition, manufacturing the Copper Matrix line of ammunition.

Ruag bought the company from the owner Dan Powers, who now heads Sig ammunition manufacturing.

Have you ever taken high speed video of the bullets exit to verify they are coming out clean vs cleaning due to air drag?

My guess is, yes you have.

So will these new super projectiles be available for the 30 Leonidas and the 338 Leonidas

Also for these rounds and then others for those calibers in general, are we talking about Chambered in $5 bills? Chambered in $10 bills, Chambered in $20 bills or Chambered in somebody tax funded better be picking up the tab?

Hi,

@Mike Casselton
You are 75% correct in regards to method. I may want to talk to you about that :).
Basically we have merged the 2 different methods you mentioned....tungsten solid core as base of the pyramid; then method you are familiar with built on top of that.
Yes Sir, high speed shows they exit clean at higher MV vs being cleaned via air drag; which would be disaster.

@W54/XM-388
These projectiles are actually significantly cheaper than monolithics themselves...now the High Pressure cartridge cases added and we are chambering right under $10 bills.

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: W54/XM-388
Hi,

@Mike Casselton
You are 75% correct in regards to method. I may want to talk to you about that :).
Basically we have merged the 2 different methods you mentioned....tungsten solid core as base of the pyramid; then method you are familiar with built on top of that.
Yes Sir, high speed shows they exit clean at higher MV vs being cleaned via air drag; which would be disaster.

@W54/XM-388
These projectiles are actually significantly cheaper than monolithics themselves...now the High Pressure cartridge cases added and we are chambering right under $10 bills.

Sincerely,
Theis

Getting ready to hit the sack, but feel free to give me a shout tomorrow or whenever it's convenient.
I'll PM my number to you.

Excellent, so still affordable for us commoners....

Since it's like a year long wait for suppressors, have you done any testing on the ultra high pressure proprietary stuff as to what suppressors will be needed?

I was looking at one of the OSS ones, but could also get one of the TBAC ones or any other suggested one.

Reactions: THEIS

Since it's like a year long wait for suppressors, have you done any testing on the ultra high pressure proprietary stuff as to what suppressors will be needed?

I was looking at one of the OSS ones, but could also get one of the TBAC ones or any other suggested one.

Hi,

You know the old saying of "Know what you do not know" has to come into play here for me to give you the best comment.

I am suppressor dumb and have not done any testing of such in regards to HP capabilities of suppressors but most definitely when we are ready I will provide a test system and ammunition to a suppressor manufacturer and let them test it themselves so that IF they have to modify anything in their design they can do it and be able to retest immediately.
I just do not have time to test another manufacturers product and/or a product that I am not manufacturing.

I know just enough of suppressors and how they handle pressures per each baffle, etc to know what I do not know.

@THEIS i just read through all 7 pages and I can’t wait for you to release this gun. Thanks for all the blood sweat and tears you and your crew put into this project

Hi,
Thank you for your support. This has been a long time coming and the Team can finally see the finish line, so all the work has been well worth it.

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: W54/XM-388
Hi,

You know the old saying of "Know what you do not know" has to come into play here for me to give you the best comment.

I am suppressor dumb and have not done any testing of such in regards to HP capabilities of suppressors but most definitely when we are ready I will provide a test system and ammunition to a suppressor manufacturer and let them test it themselves so that IF they have to modify anything in their design they can do it and be able to retest immediately.
I just do not have time to test another manufacturers product and/or a product that I am not manufacturing.

I know just enough of suppressors and how they handle pressures per each baffle, etc to know what I do not know.

Hi,
Thank you for your support. This has been a long time coming and the Team can finally see the finish line, so all the work has been well worth it.

Sincerely,
Theis
@TBACRAY might be good to get the engineers to run some numbers based on pressures. Help us learn more about what works.

Hi,

I just wanted to take a minute to personally and professionally thank a few people/companies that are just as crucial to Hoplite Arms as our own members and customers.

Quiet often we get so wrapped up in production schedules, tooling deliveries, employee drama, vendor agreements, QC guidelines, designs, marketing plan, distribution program, exhibition logistics, R&D, T&E, etc etc etc that we forget that we are lucky to be in an industry that there is always someone willing to help.
We as an industry should never loose that blessing and devotion within itself, its members and its customers.

Thank you @DAVETOOLEY for your expertise, time and assistance. The length of time between when I originally spoke to you about this project until finalizing this project should have been enough to make you think I was slow as a turtle but you have always been ready and willing to go over my questions and comments.

Thank you @Frank Green for your expertise, assistance and your constant devotion to all companies in our industry; big and small.

Thank you @Terry Cross for all the email struggles we have made it past (knock on wood) lol and your dedication to my companies vision and products.

Thank you to those members here on SH that knew about this project well before anything was made public..Like damn near a year before anything was whispered publicly. Your encouragement, suggestions and comments are the foundation conversations of our entire company.

Sincerely,
Theis

Last edited:
Hi,

I just wanted to take a minute to personally and professionally thank a few people/companies that are just as crucial to Hoplite Arms as our own members and customers.

Quiet often we get so wrapped up in production schedules, tooling deliveries, employee drama, vendor agreements, QC guidelines, designs, marketing plan, distribution program, exhibition logistics, R&D, T&E, etc etc etc that we forget that we are lucky to be in an industry that there is always someone willing to help.
We as an industry should never loose that blessing and devotion within itself, its members and its customers.

Thank you @DAVETOOLEY for your expertise, time and assistance. The length of time between when I originally spoke to you about this project until finalizing this project should have been enough to make you think I was slow as a turtle but you have always been ready and willing to go over my questions and comments.

Thank you @Frank Green for your expertise, assistance and your constant devotion to all companies in our industry; big and small.

Thank you @Terry Cross for all the email struggles we have made it past (knock on wood) lol and your dedication to my companies vision and products.

Thank you to those members here on SH that knew about this project well before anything was made public..Like damn near a year before anything was whispered publicly. Your encouragement, suggestions and comments are the foundation conversations of our entire company.

Sincerely,
Theis
I’m excited to shoot it!!

OSS cans are designed for gas guns to alleviate pressure and gas to the face, they are heavy. TBAC cans are designed for precision guns and are light.

OSS cans are designed for gas guns to alleviate pressure and gas to the face, they are heavy. TBAC cans are designed for precision guns and are light.

Hi,

There is less than 2 ounces weight difference between the OSS QD Magnum TI and the TBAC 338 Ultra with edge going to TBAC but if comparing the QD Magnum TI from OSS to the TBAC 338 Ultra SR...the 2 ounce difference goes to the OSS.

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

So the BMG size receiver technical package is almost ready to reach the machines :)

BMG.jpg

BMG1.jpg

BMG2.jpg

Sincerely,
Theis

Serious looking pic of kit right there
double plungers like the other actions as well?

what mags are you expecting to use

is there a standard for arca rail.
i dont have one yet but i though i read on another post that sizes are not standard yet?
could be wrong though

looks like a over sized BR bag rider lol

is there a standard for arca rail.
i dont have one yet but i though i read on another post that sizes are not standard yet?
could be wrong though

looks like a over sized BR bag rider lol
There is no standard for ARCA Swiss. What you want is a rail built to the RRS dovetail standard. As a community that’s the standard we r striving for.

So when is the pew pew pew gonna start happening???

Hi,

That date has not changed :)

Middle of November we will have first 50 production units completed.

Will be sending 6 to NTS Testing facility for independent destruction testing just to see where that happens at.

By that time we will have lined out the alloy logistics, production schedule, retail cost, retail options, customer service LIVE PEOPLE, and all the others in/out to ensure that Hoplite Arms can not only produce the products but provide a positive purchasing experience to our customers.

It is easy to "sell" something to a customer, it is easy to order alloy, setup tooling program, program machines, run machines, operate a 100% inspection of 100% of the parts, etc etc...but the "Experience" the customer has from their first email, call, text, PM, etc etc is the MOST critical element to me personally and by policy...EVERYONE in the company.

I assume RRS dovetail standard? What length you thinking? Still just 15 or maybe a 17-18 option?

Hi,

From the RRS provided specs directly!!
ARCA.png

Longer will be available since I will need a longer for the Phalanx weapon anyways :)

Sincerely,
Theis

By that time we will have lined out the alloy logistics, production schedule, retail cost, retail options, customer service LIVE PEOPLE, and all the others in/out to ensure that Hoplite Arms can not only produce the products but provide a positive purchasing experience to our customers.

It is easy to "sell" something to a customer, it is easy to order alloy, setup tooling program, program machines, run machines, operate a 100% inspection of 100% of the parts, etc etc...but the "Experience" the customer has from their first email, call, text, PM, etc etc is the MOST critical element to me personally and by policy...EVERYONE in the company.

That's excellent to hear.
The whole "Customer Service" thing is where so many in the firearms & accessories industry fall flat on their faces or if they happen to be "custom rifle builders" they usually fall flat on their faces then start digging a hole from that position, in terms of customer service.

Any chance "early adopters" might get to talk to You on the phone taking down orders & answering questions? :)

That's excellent to hear.
The whole "Customer Service" thing is where so many in the firearms & accessories industry fall flat on their faces or if they happen to be "custom rifle builders" they usually fall flat on their faces then start digging a hole from that position, in terms of customer service.

Any chance "early adopters" might get to talk to You on the phone taking down orders & answering questions? :)

Hi,

That subject is too long and detailed YET true to get into, lolol.

There is a reason I chose to upgrade my personal sign-in to the commercial account instead of just making a new "generic" one with name of
Hoplite Arms that could have multiple department personnel utilize to engage the members of SH....I want to handle SH members MYSELF, so you send me your number/email and I will call you when adoption papers are ready to be signed :)

Sincerely,
Theis

re-read a post above

you said "100%" inspection

i would think most smiths/companies give the product a basic once over etc

what do you mean by that?

thanks

re-read a post above

you said "100%" inspection

i would think most smiths/companies give the product a basic once over etc

what do you mean by that?

thanks

Hi,

Ok, so let me see if I can reply to that and still make things readable, relate-able and informative at the same time..

FIRST---Hoplite Arms is NOT in the gunsmith business. We are in the production business in which we utilize a very specific list of components; most of which we manufacturer ourselves.

Now onto the 100% inspection concept:

In short....when we run a batch of individual pieces; lets say Breech cylinder for example. We run a batch of 50 and machinist puts them on cart as they are all removed from machine.
That cart of Breech cylinders is then rolled into inspection room and every single piece is optically measured via laser system and mechanically inspected, not just a percentage of randomly selected units.
We do that with each and every piece, sub-assembly and assembly until we have fully assemblied weapon system.

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

Ok, so let me see if I can reply to that and still make things readable, relate-able and informative at the same time..

FIRST---Hoplite Arms is NOT in the gunsmith business. We are in the production business in which we utilize a very specific list of components; most of which we manufacturer ourselves.

Now onto the 100% inspection concept:

In short....when we run a batch of individual pieces; lets say Breech cylinder for example. We run a batch of 50 and machinist puts them on cart as they are all removed from machine.
That cart of Breech cylinders is then rolled into inspection room and every single piece is optically measured via laser system and mechanically inspected, not just a percentage of randomly selected units.
We do that with each and every piece, sub-assembly and assembly until we have fully assemblied weapon system.

Sincerely,
Theis

How about you inspect a rifle into a kmw?

????

I assume that this probably means that all the parts are basically the same so you can swap parts around like the bolts / bolt faces etc from rifle to rifle and everything still be a perfect fit?

I assume that this probably means that all the parts are basically the same so you can swap parts around like the bolts / bolt faces etc from rifle to rifle and everything still be a perfect fit?

Hi,

Yes. For example:
The breech cylinder interior and exterior both have a .02mm tolerance.
The bottom of the receiver body has a linear tolerance of .03mm and angular tolerance of .02mm.
The secondary and primary feed ramps both have a .02mm tolerance.
The bolt body has a .02mm tolerance.
Etc Etc Etc

Our surface finish is a RA .8 in accordance with ISO 1302 Surface Finish Grade.
The only difference in the Kopis and Aspis receivers really are just the receiver body length and bolt length..
Pretty much all the other parts are actually the same parts. Such as breech plug, rear bolt piece, bolt guide, chamber indicator, etc etc etc.
Both the Kopis and Aspis also both run the same barrel thread/tenon specifications.

Sincerely,
Theis

Last edited:
Hi,

Yes. For example:
The breech cylinder interior and exterior have both a .02mm tolerance.
The bottom of the receiver body has a linear tolerance of .03mm and angular tolerance of .02mm.
The secondary and primary feed ramps both have a .02mm tolerance.
The bolt body has a .02mm tolerance.
Etc Etc Etc

Our surface finish is a RA .8 in accordance with ISO 1302 Surface Finish Grade.
The only difference in the Kopis and Aspis receivers really are just the receiver body length and bolt length..
Pretty much all the other parts are actually the same parts. Such as breech plug, rear bolt piece, bolt guide, chamber indicator, etc etc etc.
Both the Kopis and Aspis also both run the same barrel thread/tenon specifications.

Sincerely,
Theis
For those of us that aren't as well versed in metric (cause I'm American and I use mils) 0.02mm is 0.000787 inches. 0.03mm is 0.001181 inches. Some aerospace parts that I cut have bigger tolerances.

For those of us that aren't as well versed in metric (cause I'm American and I use mils) 0.02mm is 0.000787 inches. 0.03mm is 0.001181 inches. Some aerospace parts that I cut have bigger tolerances.

Hi,

Dang, I thought this was a Mil site and everyone used that superior system over the English MOA system, lolol.

All jokes aside, Thank you for the conversion. We love aerospace engineering, machining and components.

You work for Northrop or Barnes Aerospace by chance?

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: jbell and b6graham
Hi,

Dang, I thought this was a Mil site and everyone used that superior system over the English MOA system, lolol.

All jokes aside, Thank you for the conversion. We love aerospace engineering, machining and components.

Sincerely,
Theis
Nope sorry. Williams International. Some of our stuff sometime goes boom on purpose.

Hi,

Sincerely,
Theis

Now I’m confused is this a Mil or Moa rifle?

My other rifles have Mil dot ret with Moa turrets, guy at the gun show said I can use any rifle Mil or Moa.

??

What length you thinking? Still just 15 or maybe a 17-18 option?

Hi,

Just FWIW...We modeled up an 18 inch version this past weekend with pic rail area the exact length we need to fit into the Doru chassis center section.
RRS Dovetail specs and now testing to see what M-Lok slots incorporated in middle of dovetail functions like.

I actually like the 18 inch version better than the 15 inch version because of the length amount that gets set "into" the chassis center.

Sincerely,
Theis

Last edited:

This made me think if this!! Couldn't help it...

sVXtJITxIHkfZ53v8L7fOpJ0IDltVXUnQoy7EHrfHZ4.jpg

And I use Mils because it's more accurate than MOA.

?

Hi,

So with Shot Show now requiring first time exhibitors to go through the "Pop-Up Preview" or the "Next" program in order to be able to get full booth capabilities for the following year; Hoplite Arms will be exhibiting during the "Pop-Up Preview" day of Wednesday on the 5th floor.

I have requested and had my account noted that we want Booth #51144 in the corner area.

Shot Show.png

Sincerely,
Theis

Sincerely,
Theis

Status
Not open for further replies.