• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hoplite Arms

Status
Not open for further replies.
LARS® FSX Gen.II. "fat boy"

x2.png
x1.png

Go out into the Birds of Prey area SE towards Mountain Home AFB and grab a couple gallon sized ziplocks of that powdery volcanic ash. Send it to @THEIS. If that ash doesn't mess with the gun then it'll be good to go.

anybody have a chance to get some evil volcanic dust.

Any chance you'll mill a 1.5" dovetail into the bottom of that chassis?

I love the 7 SAUM for a short action cartridge that encroaches on long action cartridge performance, will the 7mm Xiphos be above and beyond the SAUM and how will it do with short action magazines that cap out around 2.95ish in length?

What's up with the AT-ST (Star Wars reference) foot on that chassis, looks like it's going to hop away ;)

Hi,

The issue with cutting that dovetail as integral part of the chassis forend is what happens then when the dovetail gets banged/dinged, etc...then the entire forend has to be replaced instead of just the rail part.

Some people like smooth RRS rail, some like the "arca-lock", etc etc

In laymens terms just run your 7SAUM with 90k pressure numbers and note the ballistic difference.

Shit...now I have to watch Star Wars to get the reference, lol.

Sincerely,
Theis

Oh Lawd. Don't mention that out loud. You going to lose street cred and "cool points". It would behoove a engineer/designer/cyber geek (what the fuck are you anyway?) who builds super duper future weaponry to have a solid knowledge of science fiction weaponry. In the future when you start building phased plasma rifles in the 40 watt range or E-11 blasters or Q-36 space modulators you have to have an idea to start with.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: PBWalsh and THEIS
Hi,

The issue with cutting that dovetail as integral part of the chassis forend is what happens then when the dovetail gets banged/dinged, etc...then the entire forend has to be replaced instead of just the rail part.

Some people like smooth RRS rail, some like the "arca-lock", etc etc

Well... you make an excellent point which begs the question, is the bottom M-LOK compatible or similar for quick attach/detach of these different plate systems and parts? Please don't make it a proprietary attachment system 🤞

In laymens terms just run your 7SAUM with 90k pressure numbers and note the ballistic difference.

I don't have ballistics programs that work off pressure, but is there a formula for fps based on pressure? Either way, it sounds like the 7mm Xiphos will be a most impressive short action round!

You don't have to watch Star Wars, just watch The Mandalorian episode 4 and you'll see one of the chicken walkers :D Your foot reminded me of the design of the walker feet.

I had the at-at and the at-st as a kid.

At-at was the absolute coolest.

At-st legs were so hard to set, damn thing would always fall over on the shag carpet in the den.

• Love
Reactions: Glassaholic
I had the at-at and the at-st as a kid.

At-at was the absolute coolest.

At-st legs were so hard to set, damn thing would always fall over on the shag carpet in the den.
My Mom threw away all my Star Wars stuff when she got mad at me one day when I was a teenager, I remind her it was her retirement as it was probably worth about $50,000 today :D

I do love watching the development of this system, the attention to detail, and the updates to this thread. I fear the final product will be so damn good that it will be cost prohibitive to casual shooters (specifically me). As much as I love what I am seeing here I love my kidneys more and likely will not sell one on the black market. Perhaps investing in scratch it lottery tickets will allow me a chance to purchase one of these fine systems once they are available.

Oh Lawd. Don't mention that out loud. You going to lose street cred and "cool points". It would behoove a engineer/designer/cyber geek (what the fuck are you anyway?) who builds super duper future weaponry to have a solid knowledge of science fiction weaponry. In the future when you start building phased plasma rifles in the 40 watt range or E-11 blasters or Q-36 space modulators you have to have an idea to start with.

Hi,

SHHHH, sometimes I have to act dumb in order to not violate my NDA with LucasFilms.....shhhh.

Sincerely,
Theis

Apologize if this has been asked and answered, but any chance the Hoplite rifles will have a QD barrel system like AI? Or put another way, how easy will it be to swap barrels?

Hi,

No apology needed even if it was asked 1 post ago.

Due to the concept of operating at higher pressures than industry standards (They are changing but way too slow, lol) we do not feel like putting an extra "link" in the weapon system that the higher pressures could cause problems with.

Barrels will change via barrel wrench method.

All the ones I have been shooting the past 3 weeks, I have been spinning barrels on/off by hand.

Sincerely,
Theis

Just found this website (gotta love search engines) - http://closefocusresearch.com/calculating-barrel-pressure-and-projectile-velocity-gun-systems

Using the Spreadsheet (from the website above) I input the numbers for my current 7 SAUM with 180 Hybrids and adjusted correction factor to get my fps, assuming SAAMI psi at 65,000 and then adjusting to 90,000 psi yields an increase of 524fps! If the 7mm Xiphos is anywhere close to that kind of jump in fps... well that's a whole new ballgame.

Calibers7 SAUM7 SAUM
D = Bore Diameter0.2760.276
L = Barrel Length2626
W = Projectile Weight180180
Calculate Projectile Velocity by entering the Barrel Pressure P
Calculated Velocity7 SAUM7 SAUM
P = Barrel Pressure6500090000
Vp = Projectile Velocity29643488
E = Projectile Energy35114861

@THEIS For quick reference here is what the at-st looks like.
61f86Ozv8IL._AC_SY679_.jpg

The foot looks more like the at-at foot. It's hard to remember which is which.
613rK1c-g+L._AC_SX425_.jpg

If you are going to watch Star Wars look for something called the despecialized edition. Closest you can get to the original theatrical releases.

Reactions: el-wood
^^^ Good catch Lefty, I guess the foot does look more like the AT-AT but the mechanism just reminded me of the chicken walker :LOL:

Reactions: LeftyJason
^^^ Good catch Lefty, I guess the foot does look more like the AT-AT but the mechanism just reminded me of the chicken walker :LOL:
Last of the Star Wars talk I swear.

There is actually a star wars vehicle that hat the chicken legs and the foot. If you don't know it, that's fine. It only really showed up in the games. It's the At-pt.
5c2ab1b86857f3ff62da6f988c863378.png

If we saw more Hoplite or discussion on the cool stuff that's not out yet we'd have less off topic stuff.

If we saw more Hoplite or discussion on the cool stuff that's not out yet we'd have less off topic stuff.

Hi,

Well, while we are putting the new chassis into production we are aggressively researching information on ammunition loading equipment while discussing with more knowledgeable people outside the Hoplite Arms walls in regards to precision processes in order to pair that with our knowledge of automation so that is absorbing a lot of time while the new chassis comes online.

Along with sourcing OEM ammunition components from various manufacturers from around the world....brass, powder, primers, ammo boxes, etc etc.
(This will be easier once some of the other countries open up for better travelling)

O and the ballistic application from our sister Genesis Ballistics Solutions is moving into the design and styling stages!!

Sadly, not everything in this industry is guns and titties....shot show pictures and videos are fake media, lolol
There is a lot of behind the scenes that deal with nothing but operations, coordination, negotiations, complications, irritations, confusions, celebrations, exhibitions, logistics, appreciations, etc etc

Sincerely,
Theis

Last edited:
Hi,

Well, while we are putting the new chassis into production we are aggressively researching information on ammunition loading equipment while discussing with more knowledgeable people outside the Hoplite Arms walls in regards to precision processes in order to pair that with our knowledge of automation so that is absorbing a lot of time while the new chassis comes online.

Along with sourcing OEM ammunition components from various manufacturers from around the world....brass, powder, primers, ammo boxes, etc etc.
(This will be easier once some of the other countries open up for better travelling)

O and the ballistic application from our sister Genesis Ballistics Solutions is moving into the design and styling stages!!

Sadly, not everything in this industry is guns and titties....shot show pictures and videos are fake media, lolol
There is a lot of behind the scenes that deal with nothing but operations, coordination, negotiations, complications, irritations, confusions, celebrations, exhibitions, logistics, appreciations, etc etc

Sincerely,
Theis
Most of the titties at SHOT are fake too.

Hi,

For your high pressure rounds, will these only be available through Hoplite or will components be available for reloading? Also, when reloading we look for "pressure signs" but since your cartridges are designed to run at very high pressures, what signs do we look for to make sure we don't go over that pressure point?

Not sure if it is of any use to you Theis, but Winchester has stopped manufacturing ammunition in Australia.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to try & find out what they are doing with the equipment.

Okay, I have to ask, since you brought it up. Why .064 vs. .062? I assume that you did a lot of testing and your results led you here, but inquiring minds need to know.

Theis, any updates on the smaller .223 platform? Thank you

Hi,

That receiver size is not even on the stove yet to be honest. It is sitting over on the counter.

Priority list Hoplite Arms:
PRODUCTION versions of the Kopis and Apsis with the new chassis.
Finalize T&E period on the Phalanx.
PRODUCTION version of the Phalanx with the new recoil mitigating chassis.
Launch the Training Division of Hoplite Arms.
Finalize T&E period of the High Pressure Cartridges for Kopis, Aspis and Phalanx models.
PRODUCTION versions of the High Pressure Cartridges.
Enter T&E phase for the 223 platform.

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

That receiver size is not even on the stove yet to be honest. It is sitting over on the counter.

Priority list Hoplite Arms:
PRODUCTION versions of the Kopis and Apsis with the new chassis.
Finalize T&E period on the Phalanx.
PRODUCTION version of the Phalanx with the new recoil mitigating chassis.
Launch the Training Division of Hoplite Arms.
Finalize T&E period of the High Pressure Cartridges for Kopis, Aspis and Phalanx models.
PRODUCTION versions of the High Pressure Cartridges.
Enter T&E phase for the 223 platform.

Sincerely,
Theis

That's it??? :D

That's it??? :D

Hi,

Well, no...lol

Genesis Ballistics Solutions has its' own list.
ANN (Ares News Network) has its' own list.

International and National exhibitions, demos and meetings have their own list.

Oh Ohh, and taking care of the newly seeded grass at Hoplite office facility has its' own list.

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

Well, no...lol

Genesis Ballistics Solutions has its' own list.
ANN (Ares News Network) has its' own list.

International and National exhibitions, demos and meetings have their own list.

Oh Ohh, and taking care of the newly seeded grass at Hoplite office facility has its' own list.

Sincerely,
Theis

You need to crank out a couple dozen kids for the cheap labor. Name them Theis1, Theis2, etc. LOL

You need to crank out a couple dozen kids for the cheap labor. Name them Theis1, Theis2, etc. LOL

Hi,

Actually we have no children at all and it is definitely too late to start now, lol..but they could have been utilized on this project:

Before--
20191025_163640.jpg

During--
20200417_064115.jpg

After--
After.jpg

Sincerely,
Theis

Status
Not open for further replies.