• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hoplite Arms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

QA/QC doing a quick fitment and function check of the bolt stop/guide piece before completing the machining operations on it.

Back onto machine to finish its shape.

Production receivers do not have that opening on the end of pic rail..that was for the old bolt stop/guide design.

Sincerely,
Theis

Can you explain why you changed the bolt stop?

Hi,

Long answer explanation starts here lol..

Short answer explanation..
Former frogman that never felt the bolt lift of a 3 lug was cycling bolt back but kept attempting to push bolt to his normal "feel" (bolt handle more upward) at same time and caught the notch in bolt body to remove bolt.

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

Center section of the chassis is in works today.
63668.jpeg
63669.jpeg
63670.jpeg
63671.jpeg

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

Long answer explanation starts here lol..

Short answer explanation..
Former frogman that never felt the bolt lift of a 3 lug was cycling bolt back but kept attempting to push bolt to his normal "feel" (bolt handle more upward) at same time and caught the notch in bolt body to remove bolt.

Sincerely,
Theis
Silly frogmen!

Silly frogmen!

Hi,

IF you only knew, lolol......It took us hour+ to replicate the issue but once we were able to replicate it once we could do it on command so that was an immediate revamp of design.

That is why I say it is a danger when companies do not seek outside T&E because "well we had 20 guys at the shop test it" but in reality none of those 20 were unfamiliar with the product so they were using and not testing.

We (Hoplite Arms) had cycled the damn bolts over 100k times over the past year and half and never "caught" that notch but yet a flight out to Cali and 5 minutes is all it took to find what would have been a major problem, lol.

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

IF you only knew, lolol......It took us hour+ to replicate the issue but once we were able to replicate it once we could do it on command so that was an immediate revamp of design.

That is why I say it is a danger when companies do not seek outside T&E because "well we had 20 guys at the shop test it" but in reality none of those 20 were unfamiliar with the product so they were using and not testing.

We (Hoplite Arms) had cycled the damn bolts over 100k times over the past year and half and never "caught" that notch but yet a flight out to Cali and 5 minutes is all it took to find what would have been a major problem, lol.

Sincerely,
Theis
You needed that special someone!
😂

From what I know if the R&D Frankenstein rifle still in use hasnt disintegrated yet..the production rifles won’t break anytime soon.

From what I know if the R&D Frankenstein rifle still in use hasnt disintegrated yet..the production rifles won’t break anytime soon.

Hi,

In a span of 4 months that R&D rifle has caused Texas to be subject to its' worst catastrophic freeze in history, caused severe flooding in South Texas (where it never rains), caused wind damage South of San Antonio, etc.

It caused San Diego to get more rain in 1 day than they normally get in 2 years, caused snow to reach parts of San Diego County that only get snow every 8 or 9 years.

I should take that rifle on a "cure your drought" tour.

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

In a span of 4 months that R&D rifle has caused Texas to be subject to its' worst catastrophic freeze in history, caused severe flooding in South Texas (where it never rains), caused wind damage South of San Antonio, etc.

It caused San Diego to get more rain in 1 day than they normally get in 2 years, caused snow to reach parts of San Diego County that only get snow every 8 or 9 years.

I should take that rifle on a "cure your drought" tour.

Sincerely,
Theis
Call it “The Causation Tour”. 🤣

Hi,

Up close look at the LOP and Cheek piece bracket channels.

Now with "trapped" enclosure tracks so the bracket itself does not remove itself from the channel when loosening the adjustment knob.

Significant improvement for the user, user experience and functionality aspects.

IMG_20210430_075503_402.jpg

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

Yea...special!!! Let's go with that, lol

Sincerely,
Theis
If you invent something idiot proof, someone will invent a better idiot.

Pinniped detection. Put the subject in a locked room with no windows or other means of egress with a cement block. If the subject has not lost, broken or had sex with the cement block, they are not a pinniped.

If you invent something idiot proof, someone will invent a better idiot.

Pinniped detection. Put the subject in a locked room with no windows or other means of egress with a cement block. If the subject has not lost, broken or had sex with the cement block, they are not a pinniped.
I guess I dont know the slang but a pinniped is a seal or walrus if I remember discovery channel stuff

Hi,

Seals, but in context he referring to SEALS, lolololol
And his testing protocols are pretty spot on, haha

Sincerely,
Theis
I told that to my buddy and he laughed and told me a joke

Two Jews, two Germans and two seals were all given two ball bearings, put into three rooms and given a day to make something with it.

12 minutes later the Jews came out and announced they turned it into 42,000$

After a day and then a week the Germans came out and announced they had build a rocket with them.

After three weeks afraid the seals would die of starvation they opened the door and the seals sheepishly announced they lost one and broke the other.

Two Jews, two Germans and two seals were all given two ball bearings, put into three rooms and given a day to make something with it.

After a day and then a week the Germans came out and announced they had build a rocket with them.

After three weeks afraid the seals would die of starvation they opened the door and the seals sheepishly announced they lost one and broke the other.
Seals sound like miners except we’re proud of that shit.

I first heard a variation of that pertaining to Sappers from an NCO of mine:
”Sir, you could take a platoon, give them each a six inch steel rod, tell them it’s an inspectable item, lock them in the day room and when you came back half of them would be lost, half of the would be bent or broken and nobody would know a thing about how it happened.”

@THEIS ,

Maybe I missed it, but when are the Kopis rifles due for release?

Hi,

As soon as we get this first batch of Aspis models done and run through the ringers we are immediately going into final T&E version of the Kopis since it utilizes most of the components the Aspis uses.

We just have to make the changes to the 2D manufacturers drawings of a few independent Kopis parts but we want to get full production Apsis units out first.

As you may or may not know....I am not a fan of giving out dates because there are just too many moving parts for most people to realize but it should be late Q3, early Q4 of this year.

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

As soon as we get this first batch of Aspis models done and run through the ringers we are immediately going into final T&E version of the Kopis since it utilizes most of the components the Aspis uses.

We just have to make the changes to the 2D manufacturers drawings of a few independent Kopis parts but we want to get full production Apsis units out first.

As you may or may not know....I am not a fan of giving out dates because there are just too many moving parts for most people to realize but it should be late Q3, early Q4 of this year.

Sincerely,
Theis
Good deal Sir; gives me time to possibly move a few things to potentially get one when they get released.

Reactions: THEIS
Color looks different unless it’s my phone, what material is that doesn’t look like aluminum?

Hi,

LOLOLOLOL, your phone is not losing its' color calibration, haha.

So the production model rifles will have the magazine release made from 303 stainless instead of the 7075 aluminum.

We spent a fair amount of time going back and forth in regards to why vs why not vs does it matter vs does it not matter......

Ultimately we decided on 303 stainless because after the trigger functioning and the bolt cycling.....magazine release is the most utilized functional operation that we do with a bolt action rifle system.

So might as well make sure the pivot pin doesn't enlarge the pin hole if it gets gritty shit in it.

More than likely the 7075 aluminum would never have been an issue, BUT that 5% chance was just not worth us taking.

Like the Israeli security companies like to say.."Take care of the small things and the big things never happen"...........

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

The business end of the Hoplite Arms ASPIS model precision rifle.
Available in 300NM, 338NM, 338LM and the new 375 Swiss P.

Sincerely,
Theis
Theis - catching up a bit. Production ASPIS in 375 Swiss P! Will you also be offering the bits and pieces to make that real for the non-mil/LE customer, e.g., ammo, brass, chamber reamers, dies? Thanks.

Theis - catching up a bit. Production ASPIS in 375 Swiss P! Will you also be offering the bits and pieces to make that real for the non-mil/LE customer, e.g., ammo, brass, chamber reamers, dies? Thanks.

Hi,

At this moment; Yes we will. I have my first set of dies in process right now.
But I will not be offering any of that to mass public outside of our rifle customers. I am not getting into the component business as a stand alone entity.

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

OK everyone; by now most have seen the recent circulating video of a youtuber blowing up his Serbu BMG and all the in's/out's of that discussion.

So I wanted to take a moment to show/highlight a design feature (Other than the Aermet 100 for the bolt and breech cylinder) that deals with and handles an overpressure situation while keeping the shooter better protected.

As some of you may or may not have noticed; we do not have a gas port on our receivers.
That is because we have designed/utilize a different safety mechanism into the rifle.

Here is a picture of a closed bolt. Notice the bolt lugs are secured onto the breech cylinder lugs. (T&E RIFLE...production model has way smaller firing pin and firing pin hole along with how the bolt looks, lol)
Notice at that point since the action does not have raceways; that there is 3 openings (each a bolt lug width) for overgas to flow after escaping from the boltface. That flow will go rearward past the breech cylinder area.
20210502_093054.jpg

Here is picture showing what the bolt looks like when closed in the breech cylinder (bottom view).
Notice the full diameter bolt body has an "interruption" by design. That interruption is a purposely designed gap that acts as an overflow gas channel.
20210502_094830.jpg

Here is a picture of the bolt with breech cylinder removed so that you can once again see the shape/angle of the full diameter bolt body when in the breech cylinder will act as a gas deflection feature.
20210502_120422.jpg

All this to direct and dump any overflow gas to and down the magazine well instead of following the receiver raceways to the shooter or needing to have gas ports in the receiver body itself.

Sincerely,
Theis

All this to direct and dump any overflow gas to and down the magazine well instead of following the receiver raceways to the shooter or needing to have gas ports in the receiver body itself.

I assume then for maximum safety, when shooting the rifle, keep the support hand away from the magazine area and you should wind up unharmed even if you really badly mess up which powder you loaded with?

I assume then for maximum safety, when shooting the rifle, keep the support hand away from the magazine area and you should wind up unharmed even if you really badly mess up which powder you loaded with?
In theory I’d guess your right but the amount of gas than will escape in general then travel down to the mag area, then expel past the chassis/mag...

I dont think it will matter much

Between the magazine cut and the port opening and the quite generous gas paths I’d imagine that thing flows like gas the the Mississippi.

Reactions: lash
Hi,

At this moment; Yes we will. I have my first set of dies in process right now.
But I will not be offering any of that to mass public outside of our rifle customers. I am not getting into the component business as a stand alone entity.

Sincerely,
Theis
Theis - "ammo, brass, chamber reamers, dies?"

You noted selling at least dies, if I understood correctly.

Since the chamber is CIP, seems no big issue for reamers - beyond defining the appropriate throating for the planned bullets (not Ruag's).

So:

1. What's the plan for brass?

2. I'm assuming that Ruag is not going to be selling their ammo through you OR through retail channel. Correct?

Thanks

Hi,

Well now is the time to sell since firearms sells are at an all time high right now. :)

Sincerely,
Theis

It looks as though I will be selling everything I have in order to have the honor of owning one of these modern firearms masterpieces...

I totally agree, I was able to get enough stuff sold to fund an Aspis rifle over the past 6 months selling off my excess stuff on consignment at the local gun store.

One thing I would suggest if you are selling off stuff right about now is:
Consider "bundling" 50 to 100 rounds or so of matching ammunition with your firearm sale if you are selling locally or on consignment at your local gun store.
I've found that the stuff I put up tends to go really fast that way, compared to other stuff that sits. Because the buyers walk into the store look at all the guns but then look at all the empty shelves where ammo hasn't been for 5 months and then they see one of the guns says it comes with 50, 100, 150 or 200 rounds of ammunition and they are like... better get that one before someone else does.

Now of course I just have to keep up the selling because I'll eventually need to fund a Greek named invasion of my safe because once you have one Hoplite rifle, well it just wouldn't do to stop there HA!

Reactions: Geno C.
I totally agree, I was able to get enough stuff sold to fund an Aspis rifle over the past 6 months selling off my excess stuff on consignment at the local gun store.

One thing I would suggest if you are selling off stuff right about now is:
Consider "bundling" 50 to 100 rounds or so of matching ammunition with your firearm sale if you are selling locally or on consignment at your local gun store.
I've found that the stuff I put up tends to go really fast that way, compared to other stuff that sits. Because the buyers walk into the store look at all the guns but then look at all the empty shelves where ammo hasn't been for 5 months and then they see one of the guns says it comes with 50, 100, 150 or 200 rounds of ammunition and they are like... better get that one before someone else does.

Now of course I just have to keep up the selling because I'll eventually need to fund a Greek named invasion of my safe because once you have one Hoplite rifle, well it just wouldn't do to stop there HA!
Smart idea using the bundle strat.
Most likely bought said Ammo when prices cheaper so all in all even if the ammo is at cost it’s profitable. 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.