• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hoplite Arms

Status
Not open for further replies.
@brianf can you discuss anything about the implosion of the Genesis app development? Given that also went boom in the spring, was it the start of this or just a victim of the unfolding chain of events?

@brianf can you discuss anything about the implosion of the Genesis app development? Given that also went boom in the spring, was it the start of this or just a victim of the unfolding chain of events?
That paperwork is still under lock and key because his name is on it.

All things being equal it just wasn’t a good fit with all parties involved.

That product and program were functioning, I would think the other parties who were involved will bring it to market when time allows.

Reactions: 357Max and 6.5SH
BD9713AD-3263-4EDE-B7F1-655C7C7A7DAB.jpeg

Also, for those playing the home game……

TLDR……”Theis” isn’t Ukrainian, or any international man of mystery.

He’s a redneck from Louisiana. (I’m a redneck originally from Va, so settle down, I’m not insulting). Well, I am insulting Theis. But not everyone else.
You guys have been really stand up in those whole thing. You never hear good outcomes where people were made whole in a scam of this scale.

But, I gotta ask, you said Theis is a redneck from LA. He's not the dude from Red Jacket is he? :)

You guys have been really stand up in those whole thing. You never hear good outcomes where people were made whole in a scam of this scale.

But, I gotta ask, you said Theis is a redneck from LA. He's not the dude from Red Jacket is he? :)
No, but from the same ilk I guess.

Reactions: Arc Light
What’s kinda interesting is if you search the artist formally known as Theis’s real name here the history is long and revealing.
Well into the early SH far longer than when I first started lurking here.
When did Theis first join the hide? I’ve been lurking much longer than I’ve had an account. Pre-scout days. His account says 2017, is that accurate? Seems like it had to be longer than that. I know a lot of the old stuff was lost when Scout was abandoned.

I am going on a discouraging spree today so when your experience stops working

Don’t ask you’ll only look stupid and a few of you will certainly be encouraged to leave and never come back
beat me to it

the faster we let his name die, the better

it only deters from the purpose of Snipers Hide which is to be the foremost information center of firearms related corespondence on the web.

When did Theis first join the hide? I’ve been lurking much longer than I’ve had an account. Pre-scout days. His account says 2017, is that accurate? Seems like it had to be longer than that. I know a lot of the old stuff was lost when Scout was abandoned.

That’s just the most recent incarnation of the real individual.

He’s had forum aliases and such dating back 20 years.

Can’t make it up.

There is more than the Theis account going too

Some of the responses over the "scam" are gonna be short for this world too,

The reason nobody knows anything about this until NOW and not 4 months ago when it unfolded is because it was handled properly and professionally,. Now you have Monday Morning Quarterbacks want to mother fuck people over the work done to fix this ... fuck you and the horse you rode in on.

This was ELABORATE, this was the names, personalities, appearances this was a top to bottom scam. At the end of the day, a product was still created, we all shot it, and the concepts and energies behind it were sound. The one guy just played a game but he did so while coordinating others to execute what was being proposed. So there was a rifle, in fact there was video shot too

IMG_2202.JPG

IMG_2204.JPG

Nobody still standing behind this project is happy it unfolded this way, in fact just as much money is being spent to correct the problem as was to establish the development

So glad there is such high level psychics on here, the one who saw everything but said nothing, in my mind even stating you saw something early on makes you look at absolute idiot, nobody did, and we have the 10s of 1000s of posts Louis made with no push back as proof.

Last edited:
I figured it was a matter of time before the podcast with Theis was brought up. When all of the "discovery" happened, I got a Text from Dave asking me if I had a minute to talk. When I got home from dinner, I told him to give me a shout. I had no idea what I was about to hear. Dave told me everything, and I think the dent of my jaw dropping is still on the floor of my reloading room. The first time in my life, I learned that I got catfished. I immediately felt like a complete idiot that I had that fucker on my podcast. Not only that, but Theis and i spoke regularly abiut all kinds of shit.
Dave wanted to speak to everyone that Theis may have had contact with on behalf of hoplite to see if any money was owed and whatnot. Luckily, I hadnt given a penny to Theis for anything but it was very clear that had I done so, Dave and Brian would have made it right. Dave and I started putting stories together of some of the shit Theis told me and how it somehow tied to some of the shit that actually happened to Theis in real life, not knowing that Theis was the "other person" in the situation (this will make sense once we are able to talk about all the details publicly). I honestly had never felt so duped amd stupid. I honestly couldn't sleep that night bc I couldn't believe that in the year 2021, someone got away with do much for so long. Things started to make sense. It's been crazy ever sense, finding little nuggets along the way and putting puzzle pieces together. It's some real Lifetime Special shit. Once the litigation is completed, Brian and Dave are going to come on the podcast and we will divulge the details and honestly, blow everyone's mind.

But make no mistake, Brian and Dave have made it righteous, and are going to press on in multiple ventures that will greatly contribute to the firearms industry in some big ways. Those 2 have done everything in their power to right any wrongs that Theis created, and at the further monetary expense of Brian. Idk many dudes that would do that. So with that said, rest assured that the right people are at the helm and have the utmost integrity at the forefront of their business.

Last edited:
We talked about building stocks as a mutual company plan. He told me he “didn’t want the investment to be all his money, because he was getting stretched thin with everything he was involved in.” I started the work up to get things going on my end when he strangely, suddenly and abruptly ghosted 2 other members that did nothing other than try to help him. Kind of a flake move at best. I decided to stop the pursuit of the project, because of the vibe it sent off. I had no idea it would unfold to this degree though.

I hear great things about the rifle, and I hope it gets to the market. No way in hell I would have been a plank owner though. . .

Seems now a days you need to run their prints to weed out stolen IDs etc

I figured it was a matter of time before the podcast with Theis was brought up. When all of the "discovery" happened, I got a Text from Dave asking me if I had a minute to talk. When I got home from dinner, I told him to give me a shout. I had no idea what I was about to hear. Dave told me everything, and I think the dent of my jaw dropping is still on the floor of my reloading room. The first time in my life, I learned that I got catfished. I immediately felt like a complete idiot that I had that fucker on my podcast. Not only that, but Theis and i spoke regularly abiut all kinds of shit.
Dave wanted to speak to everyone that Theis may have had contact with on behalf of hoplite to see if any money was owed and whatnot. Luckily, I hadnt given a penny to Theis for anything but it was very clear that had I done so, Dave and Brian would have made it right. Dave and I started putting stories together of some of the shit Theis told me and how it somehow tied to some of the shit that actually happened to Theis in real life, not knowing that Theis was the "other person" in the situation (this will make sense once we are able to talk about all the details publicly). I honestly had never felt so duped amd stupid. I honestly couldn't sleep that night bc I couldn't believe that in the year 2021, someone got away with do much for so long. Things started to make sense. It's been crazy ever sense, finding little nuggets along the way and putting puzzle pieces together. It's some real Lifetime Special shit. Once the litigation is completed, Brian and Dave are going to come on the podcast and we will divulge the details honestly, blow everyone's mind.

But make no mistake, Brian and Dave have made it righteous, and are going to press on in multiple ventures that will greatly contribute to the firearms industry in some big ways. Those 2 have done everything in their power to right any wrongs that Theis created, and at the further monetary expense of Brian. Idk many dudes that would do that. So with that said, rest assured that the right people are at the helm and have the utmost integrity at the forefront of their business.
I can probably vouch for most of us when I say, we’ve all been duped at some point. Don’t lose sleep over it.

Had to delete the evidence against the leftist pieces of shit shirmechanic, DThomas and Theis. They’ve been here for years spewing there filth then taking the money of the gullible.
What does @sirhrmechanic have to do with this? You should keep your thoughts to yourself if you don’t know what’s happening. Your lack of knowledge is showing.

Sorry if this has been asked already, are the claims about what this system can handle pressure wise still real world and accurate? That was always the most interesting part of this rifle for me. Hope justice is served for Mr. Protov.

Had to delete the evidence against the leftist pieces of shit shirmechanic, DThomas and Theis. They’ve been here for years spewing there filth then taking the money of the gullible.

Please send me your name and number.

I will give you a call and you can explain what you think you know about me.

You know……like men?

Also, someone please send me the bank account info where I can claim all this money I’ve apparently made.

Sorry if this has been asked already, are the claims about what this system can handle pressure wise still real world and accurate? That was always the most interesting part of this rifle for me. Hope justice is served for Mr. Protov.

Without going into a ton of detail, yes, parts of the receiver are aermet 100 and can handle pressures as such.

Reactions: Milf Dots
I will add on to what @BLKWLFK9 said about feeling shocked and duped when I first found out.

I met "Theis" at Shot Show 2020, and texted, emailed, and talked to him many times after. I did prototype work for him (CAD and 3D printing), and then designed the arca forend on the current LARS-based chassis.

It was only a week or two before "Theis" was found out that he got me and Christian to do some more work to see if the Hoplite action would fit in a Vision chassis.

I haven't talked to @brianf personally (have no real need to waste his time), but talked to @Feniks Technologies and he was as open and honest as he could be. The fact that people from the first batch were refunded their money immediately says everything about their integrity. It's easy to sit back on the sidelines and spout off on how everyone should've seen the scam, how dumb we all are, etc. But at the end of the day it's how they handle the company going forward that matters. And hopefully "Theis" gets what's coming to him.

Dave are you busy,can you answer some questions for your fans?

View attachment 7791290

Please send me contact info and we will set up a time for you to discuss your issues.

You obviously know more than us. So it would be enlightening to learn what you know about us and our ventures.

Reactions: waveslayer
My utmost respect to @brianf for making everyone whole who was in any way harmed by this scam artist. That is a level of ethics that is rare these days.

I did enjoy the Hoplite thread for quite some time as I really have zero background in this type of design/manf. It was interesting to me and apparently not all BS because, as pointed out, some number of the rifles do exist and have been shot.

I just want to wish @brianf and @Feniks Technologies the best of luck in recovering what assets you can and hopefully bring this weapon to market.

Cheers

Last edited:
I tagged into both threads to see what going on. As a casual observer I can say he had me 100 percent. This isn’t your average con man. To @brianf and @Feniks Technologies, much respect. Setting the issues quickly and quietly might not be the most sensational but it’s the way I would expect to be treated. When this rifle comes to market your actions will be rewarded. FWIW you have my respect and support.

not wishing to prolong the current directection thread for obvious reasons

if youd lke clarification or are in any way out of funds, had IP stolen and or feel duped by anyone involved directly or indirectly with Hoplte

i suggest you PM me personally for clarification or return of said property

the only person out money is myself, and that is not the doing of Sirh or DThomas

to my knowldge no checks, money order, CC etc were written or given to them or on their behalf ...not even for transport

to be clear unless someone has a horse in the race id suggest you stay on the sidelines for the time being, maybe poke a little fun if you want

let it be known, if posts and incorrect information persist targeting Hoplite or any parts there of, measurens will be taken

as i stated before, i will not allow the uninformed to redirect or hamper the litigation that is ongoing

unsubstantiated and or erronous negative posts will be delt with in the same manner my soon to ex-partner is being delt with

the only fallout after all is said and done should be a delay in shippng complete rifles to customers and personal funds wasted

if someone would rather a phone call, im more than willing to talk when i have time so leave your number in the PM

but, be prepared to discuss the origination and accuracy of your comments as you may be needed to sign legal documentation (which i will send over immediatly) if said information is found to be useful in civil and or criminal litagation

thanks

Well, I’m out for a while to get some sleep. Will be back later if anything else needs clarifying.

I will remind everyone I/we have a open invitation at all times.

If you have a bone to pick, let use know how to contact you via phone. And we’ll make it happen and give you the opportunity to air your concerns.

If you see me at a match, I’m not hard to find. Introduce yourself to me and let me know why/what issue you have. If it’s legit, we’ll work it out. If you’re just being an asshole in person after being an asshole online, I’ll likely tell you that in person as well.

It’s that easy. No need to be passive aggressive here only to be a kitty cat or non existent in person.

Thanks,

its amazing how many poeple like this are out there, and get over on unsuspecting civilians every day

at this point in time the money means nothing, in addition to my own wanting of revenge (yes im petty as well), my personal name was attached

when dealing with certain aspect of society, you know going into litigation that funds/monies will never be recovered

so in thoery its good money after bad, but thats irrelvant to me

once the customer, many of which thought of Theis as a friend has been taken care of by returing funds even though they were spent/ siphoned, this has to be deliverd with a bow on top

althouygh im far from perfect, i lead my life with a certain amount of respect to myself, my family, and to others in general

this poison will not besmirch my last name forever on the internet nor will it poison someone else if i can stop it

when the time is right, i fully plan to put these rifles to market

the effort it took to bring these weapon systems to their current status, along with the performance and workmanship, id be proud to have customers put their hands on and go to the range.
I for one appreciate your integrity and honesty. I know being involved in litigation is both emotionally trying just as much as it is costly. But just your reaction here and how you have taken care of your customers leads me to believe that both the product and company will be worth buying from. Look for me to buy one of your rifles when the time comes. Best of luck.

Last edited:
Ok guys, I’m trying here…..really.

But, everyone is always talking about this being a “community.”

Yet here you are, being assholes, and starting thread after thread. After we have asked you give Brian some time to work this out.

Brian, the guy that got scammed more money than some of you make in 10 years. The guy that still paid everyone back after that.

And what is the request? Just to give us some time to do this right.

And what are you doing this for? Not to help…..just to appease your own goddamn amusement.

Not just the guys starting the threads. The people posting in them. The ones hitting the like button……all of you.

So much for the “community.” That’s apparently just a crybaby thing to say when the spotlight is on you, or you want something.

If it was really about community, you wouldn’t be actively trying to mother fuck one of the guys who’s what a community really should be.

I am sorry for you guys. And for myself! I had been really looking forward to the first LH Aspis!

Reactions: johnnycat
Funny the Trolls have been trolling and now that there are consequences too said trolling they want to send me bullshit messages

which basically just acknowledge you were being a troll and deserve it, some how I don't see how continuing to troll me personally has any way of helping

Bold Strategy Cotton

Funny the Trolls have been trolling and now that there are consequences too said trolling they want to send me bullshit messages

which basically just acknowledge you were being a troll and deserve it, some how I don't see how continuing to troll me personally has any way of helping

Bold Strategy Cotton
Let’s see how this plays out

Status
Not open for further replies.