• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Hornady 140gr AMAX vs BTHP?

chrisward3

Private
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2012
Does anyone have experience with these two bullets as well as the g7 BC for the BTHP? The price difference is significant enough and I can't find much info on results with the BTHP.

Cheers!

I shoot the 140gr HPBT Match in my 260.

Using some early feedback posted here, I used the Litz G7 for the 139 Scenar (0.285) and scored a first round hit on a 10" target at 900yd, ultimately going 3-for-3...my very first time shooting further than 650. Unfortunately, I haven't had an opportunity recently to stretch it out.

While the BTHP meplats can be inconsistent, it won't really affect much depending on how far, and what discipline you are shooting. If you're just shooting recreationally, it doesn't matter much either way. If you're competing, the a-max may be the way too go without having to trim and point the BTHP meplats.