• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hornady Match dies 6.5 prc

Griffin.Stambaugh

Private
Minuteman
Nov 9, 2019
I’m having trouble with my set of Hornady match dies. The only way to get -.002 on a fire case is to have the die so far down that it’s chipping the teeth on the Hornady lock and load bushing. I’m running a .290 neck bushing with .002 neck tension with once fired Hornady brass. Any ideas? Thanks

You ever checked the headspace of your chamber to see if it will close on a go gauge? Call Hornady and tell them your issue, they’ll likely replace your die. If you don’t want to do that, hone the top of your shell holder down one or two thousandths using sandpaper on a flat surface.

You ever checked the headspace of your chamber to see if it will close on a go gauge? Call Hornady and tell them your issue, they’ll likely replace your die. If you don’t want to do that, hone the top of your shell holder down one or two thousandths using sandpaper on a flat surface.
Nope it’s a pretty new gun haven’t gotten to play with it much shoulder on factory ammo is 1.641 once fired is 1.645. I could reach out to masterpiece arms and see if anything is up on there end. Also I returned the first dies and have a second set coming we will see how those work on Tuesday.

Nope it’s a pretty new gun haven’t gotten to play with it much shoulder on factory ammo is 1.641 once fired is 1.645. I could reach out to masterpiece arms and see if anything is up on there end. Also I returned the first dies and have a second set coming we will see how those work on Tuesday.
With that kind of growth, it’s probably not your chamber.