• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hot weather pants?

Wrangler ATG hands down. I have Prana, Sitka and 5.11, the wranglers are my go to. Have worn them in PRS matches and lots of hunting. They cost about $20 and I haven’t worn a pair out yet. Fit amazing too.

I have a few pairs at home that I've worn all across China and South East Asia during the summer and they work great. We are talking 120 degree heat and a lot of humidity and moisture. You could jump in the pool with them on and an hour later they will be dry.

They are made from some light weight rip stop material I think. I think they are Carhartt but I can't remember until I can check later on tonight.

Several companies make similar products out of the same material. I will check and get back with you later.
What pants are these?

What are the Hide's preferred hot weather pants?

Not necessarily looking for tacticool...something I can wear while hiking or mowing or doing other work-type things when shorts aren't practical and its 95 degrees outside.

I have a pair of Columbia Flex ROC pants and they're okay for $40, but I'd like something that breathes/dries better.
5.11 makes ripstop pants that lightweight and breathe/ dry fast. Roomy so you can move and expandable waist so you can eat too.

Not necessarily looking for tacticool...something I can wear while hiking or mowing or doing other work-type things when shorts aren't practical and its 95 degrees outside.

I have a pair of Columbia Flex ROC pants and they're okay for $40, but I'd like something that breathes/dries better.

These in the khaki or green color suit me well at work on 90+ days

What pants are these?
This is the one. Apparently they either stopped making them or replaced the SKU with something else. Like I said above, other companies use a similar material.

Mine were purchased several years ago before Carhartt went woke...

If you were say laying down flooring or building barbed wire fences or something like that I don't know what the durability will be. But just for general use, walking around, business casual and so on and so forth they have been pretty good even in really harsh environments for me.

Triple Aught Design……Force 10 AC. Not cheap but well made. Rail Riders…..similar to TAD gear, not as expensive. Tactical Distributors Carlos Ray pants, cotton material, doesn’t dry quickly however.

I wear nothing but cotton cargo style pants I get at Cabelas . Thin and light .
When I find a style that fits good and feels good I buy 6-8 pair of them in a few colors . My summer garb is a plain white cotton t shirt and those pants . T shirt big so it covers my edc choice

I haven’t seen them mention yet Viktos makes some great pants. Their LEO version are light enough for summer but durable.

I have a pair of first lite corregated guide pants for shooting in hot weather. I'll see how they do. But in this heat, I ain't shooting shit.

Wrangler ATG hands down. I have Prana, Sitka and 5.11, the wranglers are my go to. Have worn them in PRS matches and lots of hunting. They cost about $20 and I haven’t worn a pair out yet. Fit amazing too.

I love my first lite corrugates, but the wrangler ATG are fantastic for like $30 on Amazon.

I’ve worn them all summer in 90 degree heat groundhog hunting.

These work nicely.

O7XVOxi.jpg

Reactions: Lyle2231

Try 511 pants/shorts. Works for me

I try to be smart on purchases of most things. Not immune from paying for an item, if that is what is required to meet a true need not a want. My take on your question is you need something practical for yard work and/or occassional hiking (abeit for hiking you didn't say day trips, type of terrain/trails, urban or out in the wild). I found fairly light weight poly pants at Sportsman's Warehouse for approximately $50. They fit my need for long pants for competitive shooting, and I've worn them doing fieldwork mapping/locating fiber optic cables. They are lighter weight than my 5.11s which I dearly like, and cooler. And, the 5.11s were borderline too expensive even on sale. So far, the Sportsman's Warehouse pants have held up well, clean well, and are as cool as long pants can be expected to be. Would I use them for some of the activities discribed above in the thread. No. I don't wear clothing that costs ~$200 for home yard work. Most of the time its is cotton denim blue jeans that are too worn out and thread bare for daily wear. Wear them out somemore and finally trash them, and start wearing the most worn pair of jeans in my closet as work pants.

Pricey but works
And made in USA

Eddie Bauer First Ascent Guide Pro pants. Anything thin and polyester.

I'm a fan of the TD line of stuff.. Affordable and long lasting with daily wear..
I had never seen their stuff before. I ordered 3 pair.

Another plug for Kuhls, pretty much all I wear anymore. Renegade or Revolver in the warmer months, Rebels in the winter.

What’s wrong with jeans?
I’ve never seen a roofer or someone pouring concrete in fancy pants and they seem to do it just fine day in and day out.

They are made of cotton and hot as ...

In North Texas, I see a lot of the landscapers (who work all day in insane temps) wearing carhardt pants and long sleeve shirts.

What’s wrong with jeans?
I’ve never seen a roofer or someone pouring concrete in fancy pants and they seem to do it just fine day in and day out.
People don’t know any better. I work construction and quit wearing jeans or heavy carhartt pants years ago.

I wear the Carlos Ray every day. Be advised. They run true to size accounting for an IWB holster. My 30x32 fit more like 32x32 w/o g19 iwb
Bro. I received the order today. I'm in love with this company. I just placed a second order with more of the Neptune's and some blue jeans. I'm glad u posted this.

• Love
Reactions: impactaddict