• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report How can a rifle shoot poorly at 100 but well at 1000?

Are you still Jaw Jacking ...

Serious, you showed your ass, pretending to find ways to make a group smaller at distance,

Laughable,

Your choices on posting are gonna get really limited really quick if you keep it up,

You're the new Jim Acosta of SH, spreading Fake News cause you got called out

• Love
Reactions: Diver160651
lol024.gif

If you say “my favorite optic for prs is MOA” you’ll probably catch shit. Especially if you say sfp.

If you say “my favorite optic for f class is sfp moa” you’ll get a bunch of head nods in agreement.

And don’t try the innocent “I meant that we don’t know everything” shit. You made some very specific observations you thought could be possible that were so far out of reality that you got called out.

Last edited:
Light refraction would affect the shooter. Not the rifle.

• Haha
Reactions: Fig
Here is my question:

It takes my bullet 1.2 seconds to go from muzzle to target.....at 1000 yards. If my bullet comes out and yaws up...and then down...and goes round and round....how much movement can my bullet actually wiggle in 1.2 seconds?

I believe my bullet comes out with the proper spin with enough velocity to be as stable as a football thrown by Brady against my Falcons in the final two minutes of Super Bowl LI. It ain't wiggling or dingling anything. It comes out fast and has no concept of what 100 yards is on its way to much further.

If I'm off a bit at 100 yards...the angle will continue to make me off at 1000 yards.

I just want to see this bullet that has a miniature pilot in it that steers it back on target at 1000 yards after missing it at 100. Are there miniature beer cans on the back seat as he swerves down the range?

Before you started answering with BS, the correct answers to the OP where already posted.. Then these gems..

I agree with the Op that often times my rifle will shoot better at longer range (usually around 300 to 600 yards) than it does up close

Perhaps it just averages out and has proportionately less of an effect as distance increases.

Maybe it's more stable more of the time at longer ranges.

this is why we so often struggle to print small groups at close range

Light refraction and mirage makes it hard to shoot tight groups at close range, (because of target displacement caused by light refraction humidity and heat) but at longer ranges

the bullet begins life with a certain imbalance that causes it to travel in an orbit about the directional axis. At close range, this orbiting has not settled out yet

I have enough gold medals on the wall to know

Oh and a quote from me "There is just no room in this sport for some of the braggadocious behavior, some based at best on sketchy pedigrees. Then used to beat on others and cover-up their errors."

Now, if you add in all your stupid shit with your recoil control thread you might be the number 1draft pick for a new Stupid is as Stupid Does section. You have my vote.

You should have been in with this thread alone. Video find courtesy of @THEIS

Last edited:
So I figured it out,

All our bullet pilots are actually Asleep, that is their natural state, it's only when one wakes after the BANG do they guide the bullet back on target at longer distances,

So me trying to figure out why my Bullet Pilots Never Wake up, and then it hit me:

87889320_10158096336917953_7678512595866746880_o.jpg

I shoot suppressed most of the time, and I am not making enough noise to wake the Bullet Pilot Up !

See, without this conversation, I would have never figured out two important things,

1. Bullets have pilots and they are sleeping

2. When they wake up they steer the bullet back on course when necessary.

For me I thought it was opposite, I thought the Pilot was awake and when he leaves the barrel after a few hundred yards he turns the AutoPilot ON and then goes to sleep, but really that is backward, he is sleeping then wakes up to guide the bullet to target.

Shake your bullets really hard you can sometimes hear him scream, if not rattle around a bit.

So I figured it out,

All our bullet pilots are actually Asleep, that is their natural state, it's only when one wakes after the BANG do they guide the bullet back on target at longer distances,

So me trying to figure out why my Bullet Pilots Never Wake up, and then it hit me:

I shoot suppressed most of the time, and I am not making enough noise to wake the Bullet Pilot Up !

See, without this conversation, I would have never figured out two important things,

For me I thought it was opposite, I thought the Pilot was awake and when he leaves the barrel after a few hundred yards he turns the AutoPilot ON and then goes to sleep, but really that is backward, he is sleeping then wakes up to guide the bullet to target.

Shake your bullets really hard you can sometimes hear him scream, if not rattle around a bit.

So if you shake your bullets enough before firing can you still shoot suppressed?

So I figured it out,

Psssst. Someone tell him his buttpad is upside down. That’s why his groups are angularly the same.

So I figured it out,

Ya must be closing your bolt too slowly..

• Haha
Reactions: Bender and Fig
Before you started answering with BS, the correct answers to the OP where already posted.. Then these gems..

Oh and a quote from me "There is just no room in this sport for some of the braggadocious behavior, some based at best on sketchy pedigrees. Then used to beat on others and cover-up their errors."

Now, if you add in all your stupid shit with your recoil control thread you might be the number 1draft pick for a new Stupid is as Stupid Does section. You have my vote.

You should have been in with this thread alone. Video find courtesy of @THEIS

I've at least got to him him kudos for trying to think out of the box on the bipod design stuff. It may be redneck engineering but I'm down with that. I think I actually learned something from watching his recoil management and his explanation of the different effects from the different designs.

Hammer forged bullet pilots.