• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How do you make a CZ 455 better?

...Here's a shim testing target for the 455 22lr barrel

Justin, did you use a mechanical rest to hold the gun for this testing? I'm planning to purchase a 455 Varmint next month and I want to remove the "archer" from the equation when I'm modifying/testing.

Anybody else recommend a good rest that will eliminate the "archer"? (did I just hijack this thread?)

Oh yeah, no way do I test with my poor body mechanics influencing the results.
Any time I don't understand what's going on with a rifle, out comes the test rest or fuglie.

The low tech test rest for diagnosing the whole rifle

test-rest.JPG

The fuglie for ammo or barrel questions

fuglie-v1.2.JPG

I may lack shooting skills, but I make for a half-decent red neck technician, eh?
gap.gif

I may lack shooting skills, but I make for a half-decent red neck technician, eh?
Absolutely! The wood work looks great... I have access to steel so I think I'll print a picture of yours and build one, too.

red neck tech, hill jack tech... actual title doesn't matter. Just find someone willing to pay you to do it! Thank you!

-Kid

One of the few remaining fully functional, CZ 455 single set triggers.
CZ recalled them all about a year ago due to the trigger releasing when flipping the safety.
Never had a problem with mine, safety functions as designed and have bump tested the trigger
from all directions with no problems. Talked with CZ customer service and am on record
as having been notified of the recall and declining to return the trigger.

remove-factory-tigger.JPG