• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How many of us have lived through this virus already?

1. Coronovirus is extremely contagious.
  2. There is no immunity to it. If you pick up the virus, you have it. Period.
  3. There are no therapeutic drugs for it (to treat people who have it).
  4. There are no vaccines for it (to prevent people from getting it).
  5. It is TEN TIMES as lethal as the "flu."
  6. It is not a flu or the flu. It is a different virus.

3 is proving to be false, there are a lot of things that have been shown to help treat it quite well if you are willing to try.

5 is also kind of false, driven by the fact that only the most dire ready to die cases are getting tested. Once testing is widespread and on demand along with the antigen test being widespread and on demand, the numbers will change very much.

3 is proving to be false, there are a lot of things that have been shown to help treat it quite well if you are willing to try.

5 is also kind of false, driven by the fact that only the most dire ready to die cases are getting tested. Once testing is widespread and on demand along with the antigen test being widespread and on demand, the numbers will change very much.

Wrong, on both counts. You are repeating Internet myths, legends, lore, rumors. Facts are facts and the sooner people face them, the better. Of course if anyone want to purposely go out and expose himself to the virus to test his confidence in his grasp of facts, that's up to him. Fools rush in where angels fear to tread.

Reactions: phlegethon

Hmm....noticed you left something out this time.

Reactions: kabarNC
Wrong, on both counts. You are repeating Internet myths, legends, lore, rumors. Facts are facts and the sooner people face them, the better. Of course if anyone want to purposely go out and expose himself to the virus to test his confidence in his grasp of facts, that's up to him. Fools rush in where angels fear to tread.

Wait a minute.....
Are you just in here stirring shit?
You sneaky little turd.

I was sure I had it like four times this week, but turned out to just be a hangover. I do hope all the restrictions are lifted soon. It’s like being in Vegas at my house....losing money by the minute, no one knows what time it is and a cocktail is acceptable at any hour!

Stay safe everyone and glad those who had it have recovered.

Wait a minute.....
Are you just in here stirring shit?
You sneaky little turd.

No, I'm hear posting facts, unlike you and others posting nonsense.

And, to answer your dumb question about abortion. I'm pro-life from natural conception to natural death, 1000%

So, did you actually have a point? Were you just drunk last night? Neither? Both/and? :)

Reactions: armorpl8chikn
Man, thank God I mainly work with 1 other person at my lab. Since early this year, we've been wary about it making its way here so we've been doing our best to avoid co-workers we didn't need to work with and we don't interact with the public. And we started self-isolating out of work weeks ago before shit hit the fan.

Other than the regular flu, I've been lucky so far. Wife has been good. Sounds like it's a horrible experience.

Reactions: Centuriator
Of course if anyone want to purposely go out and expose himself to the virus to test his confidence in his grasp of facts, that's up to him. Fools rush in where angels fear to tread.

Interesting that you decide to go with that line of attack specifically in a thread where we are discussing the very real possibility that some of us either may have already had it and gotten better without being officially tested, or know people that did.

You seem to think that nothing is true unless big gov, big news biz and big pharma tell you that it's so.

I could go on, but since it didn't come from MSM you probably will just attack it again and again.

The friends I was talking to in AZ last night have as good certainty as anyone without access to the tests does, (using the same standards they are using in the medical industry to list someone as possibly having it when they are not deathly ill enough to get a test) that their whole clan and such got it, and some got it bad. They have a good idea of what worked and what didn't work for their extended clan, and nobody died.

Many of us in the thread here can go down the exact symptom list and progression and check most of the boxes off, then cross reference it with virulence of infection after exposure and a similar time frame and check the boxes off as well.

You also seem to think that unless big pharma announces some new patented uber expensive wonder drug or dubious vaccine that they can make a ton of money off of that "no treatments will work". That is plain and simple BS, sorry but go actually read what those on the front lines of fighting this have said for treatments & preventative measures. You'll see that a lot of treatments are proving effective in different cases, different patients responding well to certain treatments and others not. Those who actually care are willing to try a lot of different options to see which one actually helps the specific patient and some are getting great results. It varies a lot because the individual and other underlying factors make a huge difference in outcome.

So how about you come back to this thread when actual testing kits for both the active virus and the antigen are widely available to everyone and anyone on demand and everybody who wants can easily & quickly find out if they have it or had it and then back up your accusations with facts. You can use the other threads to continue claiming that everyone that thinks for themselves is stupid.

As it is right now any open minded person will have to agree that the statistics you like to tout are hopelessly flawed due to heavily skewed testing on only one small end of the most dire cases. (If you want to see opposite statistics, check out the Italian statistics vs. German statistics vs. South Korean statistics).

What we are discussing in this thread specifically is the very real possibility that the Wuhan virus has been burning through the country like wildfire since January and a lot of folks got it, were dismissed by the doctors as a "bad upper respiratory infection" and then managed to get better after being quite unusually sick.

Just because MSM isn't screaming it in full panic mode doesn't mean it's true.

I know about a dozen people that have/had it. Mostly mild symptoms. Varying levels of fever. No one hospitalized, no one dead. One friend ended up hospitalized with pneumonia, turned out he had the flu. There is a chance my wife had COVID-19 back in December. She got very ill very quickly. Spiked a pretty good fever, flu like symptoms. She was tested for the flu with negative results. The doctor told her she probably had some other virus that was going around. It took her almost two weeks to fully feel better.

Wife was directly exposed, and then brought it to me. Nothing came of it, tested negative. Odd?

My whole family was sick with some shit like this back in January
My wife had it worse than anyone, and she RARELY gets sick, she has a super human immune system

But no idea what it was, Dr.s had no idea what it was at the time

Reactions: Centuriator
I was musing our situation. Do you agree/disagree?
  1. The USA is probably "counting noses" better than any other nation.
  2. We have a HUGE population.
  3. We are testing people faster and more widely than any other nation.
  4. It stands to reason that people with symptoms (and many people have it with no symptoms) will be tested and they will say, "You have COVID-19.
  5. Some of those people (how many?) will have to be hospitalized.
  6. Some of those need the ICU for respiratory support.
  7. 50% of those who are hooked up the machines will survive.
  8. The longer you are on a ventilator the lower your chance of survival.
  9. If the numbers hold: the elderly, fatties, high blood pressure, diabetics, asthmatics, heart folks are going to have a tough time.
  10. The older you are with any of these conditions, the lower your chances are.

Add that all together and I think yes, we will see "The USA has the most virus stricken in the world?"

How this plays out in the next few months is anyone's guess.

The sooner they an establish a therapeutic protocol the better. France reports a combination of the malaria med with Ziththromycin (sp) is effective. Some here say, "Yes, but would those who received it have recovered on their own without it?" The jury is out.

I'd rather risk treating people therapeutically, than not.

But now we are seeing in China people being reinfected....

This situation will bring out the very best and the very worst in every human being. "He endures unto the end shall be saved."

God bless America, land that I love.

Ora et labora.

My whole family was sick with some shit like this back in January
My wife had it worse than anyone, and she RARELY gets sick, she has a super human immune system

But no idea what it was, Dr.s had no idea what it was at the time

It is eerie. My wife developed a VERY high fever, hacking dry cough, etc. etc. four weeks ago and it hung on for about 14 days. She finally was put on antibiotics and all kinds of over the counter stuff. She is NEVER sick, but she is around a LOT of people. I have literally never seen her so sick. Did she have it? Maybe/maybe not. I don't know.

Just because MSM isn't screaming it in full panic mode doesn't mean it's true.

I do not know what "MSM" is...I don't pay any attention any media outlet and I rarely watch any network news or cable news.

I'm only paying attention to CSPAN and I listen carefully to entire briefings and press conferences.

Do not insult my intelligence. Disagree with me, but when you have to resort to ad hominems, we can both agree that is when neither of u are saying anything worth reading. I've done it. Many here do it all the time. One guy tried to bring up abortion, in a weird way, when I asked him to be a man and just make his point, he just fell into silly personal insults.

We can and must do better toward one another.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
It is eerie. My wife developed a VERY high fever, hacking dry cough, etc. etc. four weeks ago and it hung on for about 14 days. She finally was put on antibiotics and all kinds of over the counter stuff. She is NEVER sick, but she is around a LOT of people. I have literally never seen her so sick. Did she have it? Maybe/maybe not. I don't know.

Did you develop any symptoms during her sickness?

Did you develop any symptoms during her sickness?

Yes, in fact, I did. But, I'm in the "higher risk" category, so...I'm not sure. I did not get tested. Neither did she. Who the hell knows? Live life one day at the time.

A man much wiser than me once said:

Matthew 6:25-34 King James Version (KJV)
25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?

26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?

28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:

29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?

31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Not at all. Our bodies do a great job at fighting viruses every day, regardless of what centuriator wants to think. Not everyone who is exposed is going to get sick, just as not everyone who gets it will show symptoms.

There are some who study viruses that say that since it's a fairly new unknown virus, the chances are that everybody exposed may "get it" it's just that a large amount may fight it off with few to no symptoms thanks to their immune system which is pretty much how it goes on every day around the world.

I swear I had the cornyvirus, in January. It started with a sore throat and went to my chest. I had low grade fever and six weeks of chest rattles and wheezing, despite antibiotics, Celestone and prednisone. Breathing was difficult and my chest and head hurt, like crazy. It was nasty stuff. My wife had the same, showing symptoms four days, after mine started. We both believe we had this crap, well before the world went crazy with it.

tenor.gif

There is clearly no "immunity" to this virus. And there is not treatment for it, nor any vaccine against it.

Thank you China for eating, literally "bat shit" crazy foods.

When we come through this, I hope the entire world comes down on China for their third world bullshit.

Peace and love.

These aren’t facts. We don’t have enough data points to conclude anything. We don’t know how many have had it, have died from it, how contagious it is, or 20 other data points that matter. We can’t even test for it with 100% accuracy. All we know is it’s out there and it’s pretty rough on some. Those are the only facts. We are all choosing what we want to think right now. Time will tell who was right and who was wrong.

This thread voices what I have been wondering the last few weeks.
The Texas coast is getting confirmed cases the past two weeks but there wasn’t any testing earlier in the year to my knowledge.

I went through the same symptoms people describe here very early this year. Tested negative for flu; some kind of viral respiratory infection no medicine for that. Sent home to heal, steroid shot didn’t help. Took nearly all month to shake it. The dry painful coughing fits and weezing sucked.

Was at the pediatrician with one of the kids for an ear ache and even he commented with a concerned look. Said man you sound terrible I can hear your lungs from here, across the room.
I had already been to the doc twice for it. Being on the younger side of forty I did have some concern over it.

Maybe it wasn’t COVID 19 exactly. But who’s to say there’s not different types of this bug and the milder cases and whatever we had earlier this year is a weaker strain. And what we’re seeing now is it’s big bad ass cousin that will knock you on your ass quite permanently in many cases.

On a more personal note. Last year we attended the funeral for my wife’s cousin. Our age. The entire family dumbfounded. Cause- The Flu.

I no longer brush it aside as just a tough cold, or just suck it up and get on with it. For the callous bastards that do I see them for what they are.
I believe some people’s arrogance does not allow them to see their own mortality or that of others and I’ll include myself in that from times in my past.
But experience changes people’s outlook and lots of people are experiencing that now.
I’m happy for all who get to look back on this and I’ll pray for those who suffer loss and those that will suffer loss in the days to come as this year unfolds.

Stay safe guys. Whatever that entails for you and your loved ones.

Last edited:
Reactions: HMRamateur
There are some who study viruses that say that since it's a fairly new unknown virus, the chances are that everybody exposed may "get it" it's just that a large amount may fight it off with few to no symptoms thanks to their immune system which is pretty much how it goes on every day around the world.
I can agree with that. Although I do believe that there are people who have been exposed to it who got lucky and it never made it past their skin and into mucous membranes. I'm no scientist or mathematician, but it has to be mathematically possible, just like how I can watch people cook with raw meats, and neglect to wash their hands and cooking utensils, and still don't end up with any type of food poisoning. Yet the one time I slip up and do that, I throw up for two days straight :unsure:

Reactions: W54/XM-388
We had folks dying of a virus that wasnt the flu back in early December.

Septic Shock and so so sick.

One of my coworkers had something. Lasted 2 weeks and felt crappy for 2 more after. Just like what you guys are describing.

Not surprised
How's things looking in the hospital? I see a bunch of tear jerking shit coming out of NY about how fucked everything is, but not so much from anywhere else.

I think I had it about a month ago. I had a 21 year old intern go down for 2.5 weeks with dry cough, achiness, and a 103deg fever. He was never actually tested for teh 'rona because I'd imagine he is not in the vulnerable category. He is one of those dudes you see that are kind of sickly-real skinny, gets sick quite often, and overall just kind of a weak person. Not trying to rip on the dude just telling you like it is. The last day I saw him before he went down we worked together for several hours and I'm sure I was exposed to it. Me-I very rarely get sick, never get the flu, and even though I've been sick i've never been incapacited by sickness. I did feel a little weak for a day or 2 but hardly noticeable.

There is clearly no "immunity" to this virus. And there is not treatment for it, nor any vaccine against it.

Thank you China for eating, literally "bat shit" crazy foods.

When we come through this, I hope the entire world comes down on China for their third world bullshit.

Peace and love.

Ahhh, don't worry..all natural cure found. Just get some bear bile, goat horn and dried fruit and inject it.
And....some groups of politicians are still are cutting China some slack and blaming the US for this. Yep...bear bile. I bet that's right down the same path Charlie Sheen's Tiger blood or whatever he yelled out.

I don't know how it is for others, but, when I was so sick I practiced "social distancing" from others before it became a thing.
I would not get around others to include family and friends. I would just tell them I don't feel well enough to go do whatever activity they had in mind. I lost some shooting time and that is not how I operate but didn't want to give it to others.

Once I was over it and felt good I marched on. I hope I didn't give cooties to anyone.

It was one of the most horrible sicknesses I have ever had. Right in there with malaria 50 years ago.

I think I learned that in elementary school many years ago. Like 50 years.

"If you have cooties, don't share it with others, stay home." Thank you, Mildred Cooley, my teacher in 4th Grade. RIP, you were a good one.

A lot of the same here, but no out and out COVID-19.

Something blew through our little village about 6-8 weeks ago. A small number of folks got really sick with upper and lower respiratory stuff. The number was small, very few hospitalizations, no fatalities. Hard to tell what the heck it was.

I avoided any significant involvement.

Our environment is high desert, 70-80 miles away from any large municipalities. I don't really know, but somehow, after what my life has entailed so far; I think I've been psychologically turning into somewhat of a hermit. The folks here are tough and hardy, and treat aging as the ultimate extreme sport.

I observe strict hand washing, minimal direct contact, and heightened avoidance of the sick. I have done so since my recovery from the two bouts with Lymphoma (Non-Hodgkins and Hodgkins, both) back in the late 1990's. I was counseled that my immune system had survived two very serious attacks, and could not be counted upon as fully functional; so I had to stay alert and practice avoidance and prophylaxis as my own first line of defense. In the event, I have Prednisone and Azithromycin as an advance precaution, to be taken when, and only when, I have physician's advice to do so.

Here in our County, there are zero infections or fatalities at this time. My own health status changes daily, with my COPD dominating my lifestyle.

I go through a four or five day cycle where my lungs slowly acquire thick and heavy mucous accumulations, which then respond to higher fluid intake and Nebulizer treatments 2-4 times daily. I've stepped up my walks and other physical workout exercises, and they seem to be helping my COPD. The walks outside get curtailed when the temps get below 50 degrees, as that exacerbates the COPD. Maintaining my fluid intake and retention is a daily constant task.

I'm getting better at this. Last year, I had 6 EMT interventions, and two hospitalizations. This year one intervention, no transport.

So far...

Greg

Last edited:
Stuff seems good at my hospital.

We had our emergency response mapped out pretty well based on prior issues with high flu volume previously.

Supplies are running low for masks and gowns which sucks.

Staff starting to come down sick.

Im still just a trauma nerd, not super exposed.

Busy making food and eating this afternoon. Plus a margarita or two to go with this guac I just made......

I don't know how it is for others, but, when I was so sick I practiced "social distancing" from others before it became a thing.
I would not get around others to include family and friends. I would just tell them I don't feel well enough to go do whatever activity they had in mind. I lost some shooting time and that is not how I operate but didn't want to give it to others.

Once I was over it and felt good I marched on. I hope I didn't give cooties to anyone.

It was one of the most horrible sicknesses I have ever had. Right in there with malaria 50 years ago.

I think I learned that in elementary school many years ago. Like 50 years.

"If you have cooties, don't share it with others, stay home." Thank you, Mildred Cooley, my teacher in 4th Grade. RIP, you were a good one.

Glad your still with us Mike? We probably need the wisdom and lessons learned by your generation now more than ever. My pop, who is pretty isolated up in Alaska, has COPD and I worry that this would be the silver bullet that would get him. He is a tough old bird and playing it smart with enough essentials stuck back that he doesn’t need to go out but I still worry.

Reactions: supercorndogs
If the authorities accept that then it'll blow up their narrative and skew the numbers required to panic the sheep.

How could i forget about that! I feel terrible for all those who are laid off during this and going without any income.

Couple months back my kids class had 4 kids in it, everyone else was out with severe coughs. Myself and the wife both had the same. Feeling we already had this crap and there is nothing to worry about.

What I find funny are the people bitching about Trump acting like a tyrant....but now they are demanding he acts like one. For fucks sake this shit has been here since December or so

Mathematically, "you" can only be 100% or less. :geek:
Apparently, you aren't familiar at all with "Spinal Tap". Their volume knob goes to "11"
And with regards to submarines, the captain can call for 110% on the reactor.
Then there's "Full Military Power" which is at least 'almost half again' on the tachometers.

I'd seen'ed it in a movies, once!
;)

I’ll add in power plant turbine generators.
There’s the rated design capacity i.e.
150MW at 100% load. But they will get pushed to make more when the market demand and price is there during peak times.

I had heard someone else say BP meds make it worse.
Yes. Unfortunately I have been on BP pills since I was 14. Congenital defect is best guess. They sure as hell didnt leave any stone unturned looking for the cause.

There has been some thought ACE Inhibitors having some issues but I have not seen anything concrete, all Doc's are saying it's much better to have your HBP controlled, HBP and Covid19 are a bad combo

If this thing has been here since November and December, and the death rates are only starting to ramp up now... there are only a few explanations...

Perhaps the very first wave of infected are travelers and socially active folks, who tend to be younger and healthier and their immune systems beat the shit back, leaving them with only mild cases which they mistook for a bad cold or a case of the flu. These people, then in turn attended family reunions or other functions, and the ones who are still shedding viral particles began transmitting it to more vulnerable people, and that is why the deaths began flaring up recently...

I think mass scale antibody testing is the only thing that will truly solve this mystery, once and for all.