• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How many of us have lived through this virus already?

My wife is recovering from it. She had a fever, mild soar throat, and headaches the last three days I was at home. I left to work out of town and 4 days later she was in the ER with breathing difficulties. It really messed her up, but she was never admitted to the hospital and was able to recover at home. She’s still not back to 100% and that was three weeks ago. Me, well, I was definitely exposed, but I’m still symptom free and my last day of exposure was 19 days ago. I’ve been taking Source Naturals Wellness Formula, 1 Airborne tablet, and eating 3 raw garlic cloves ever day; if nothing else, eating raw garlic helps with social distancing ?. I’m not sure why I don’t have it since it’s suppose to be so crazy contagious? Perhaps I’m one of those a-symptomatic types who have it, don’t know it, but have been spreading it every where? Or perhaps my body fought it off or what I had 11 months ago that looked very similar to this gave me antibodies that help me fight it off. Of course I’m not an important person so getting tested is out of the question, so I’ll likely never know.

I strongly suspect this has been going around a lot longer than they let on and that the actual rate of infection is somewhere between 5 to 10 times higher than what’s being reported, which would make the death rate much lower. From what I can see, they are mostly only testing people who are “important” or are very sick and still the death rate is about 1.5%. Yet everyone is running around like the sky is falling. For sure, getting a bad case of it sucks and the recovery takes time, but the survival rate is high.

• Wow
Reactions: supercorndogs
If this thing has been here since November and December, and the death rates are only starting to ramp up now... there are only a few explanations...

Perhaps the very first wave of infected are travelers and socially active folks, who tend to be younger and healthier and their immune systems beat the shit back, leaving them with only mild cases which they mistook for a bad cold or a case of the flu. These people, then in turn attended family reunions or other functions, and the ones who are still shedding viral particles began transmitting it to more vulnerable people, and that is why the deaths began flaring up recently...

I think mass scale antibody testing is the only thing that will truly solve this mystery, once and for all.

I wonder if back Nov, Dec, Jan when someone was in a hospital with cancer, COPD, failing kidneys, happened to be 70 years old, develops fever, cough, turns into pneumonia the cause of death was listed as "Old age exacerbated by acute co morbidites, succumbed to pneumonia".

Now a days a person comes in from a car crash missing limbs, in severe shock due to draining of their blood and coughs out a death rattle the cough is immediatly suspected and cause of death becomes "Covid 19".

Just wondering.

My wife is recovering from it. She had a fever, mild soar throat, and headaches the last three days I was at home. I left to work out of town and 4 days later she was in the ER with breathing difficulties. It really messed her up, but she was never admitted to the hospital and was able to recover at home. She’s still not back to 100% and that was three weeks ago. Me, well, I was definitely exposed, but I’m still symptom free and my last day of exposure was 19 days ago. I’ve been taking Source Naturals Wellness Formula, 1 Airborne tablet, and eating 3 raw garlic cloves ever day; if nothing else, eating raw garlic helps with social distancing ?. I’m not sure why I don’t have it since it’s suppose to be so crazy contagious? Perhaps I’m one of those a-symptomatic types who have it, don’t know it, but have been spreading it every where? Or perhaps my body fought it off or what I had 11 months ago that looked very similar to this gave me antibodies that help me fight it off. Of course I’m not an important person so getting tested is out of the question, so I’ll likely never know.

I strongly suspect this has been going around a lot longer than they let on and that the actual rate of infection is somewhere between 5 to 10 times higher than what’s being reported, which would make the death rate much lower. From what I can see, they are mostly only testing people who are “important” or are very sick and still the death rate is about 1.5%. Yet everyone is running around like the sky is falling. For sure, getting a bad case of it sucks and the recovery takes time, but the survival rate is high.

Nice to know you were out spreading it, rather than, "staying home if someone is the household is sick." (y)(y)

Haven't read all the posts here, but I am gonna post for posterity...

My wife and I had the most vicious flu of our adult lives that begun the last week of January. It started with typical flu symptoms then after about 4 days settled into our lungs and took about 3 weeks for it to subside.

We went and got tested and confirmed it was the flu. This was before anyone was really even talking about Wuhan. We fought it back with Tamiflu that was prescribed to us. We were very careful and our children didn't contract it.

But it has been in the back of my mind that it was likely Covid19 now that the symptoms are being posted everywhere. Ours were very nearly identical. I believe it was here long before they say it was. I believe it was diagnosed as common influenza up until recently, because who was testing for it then? How many influenza related deaths in December, January and February could have been Covid19?

I will say, there were 2 nights where I lay in bed and wondered if I would quit breathing through the night. My wife and I took turns watching each other and even bought a baby monitor so we could hear each other if we were in other rooms. To make sure we could hear if one of us stopped breathing. We are both 36yrs old, we came through it ok.

If we didn't have Covid, we had its identical twin...

I'd be willing to bet that everyone in my house had it back in december. (My wife and I live with her parents while we were buying a house). Started with my MIL - crazy cough, home from work, sore throat, etc. Doc said it was allergies. MIL never had an issues with allergies her entire life. now all of a sudden?

Then mid december i came down with this stupid cough that lasted 3 weeks. sore throat, headaches. didn't go to doctor - toughed it out.

shortly after my wife had a cough/core throat/etc. doc said respiratory infection.

FIL had similar syptoms around the same time too. if this was the case - in-laws got lucky because they are older, FIL has heart condition. could have been worse.

then again - ours were no where near as bad as some of the reports i'm reading on this thread. we were sick - but definitely did not feel like we were dying

Now a days a person comes in from a car crash missing limbs, in severe shock due to draining of their blood and coughs out a death rattle the cough is immediatly suspected and cause of death becomes "Covid 19".

This + uncounted #'s like those of this thread + existential opportunity for hair-on-fire acolytes vs 10-20 yr later disaster if "something isn't done NOW" trope.

Last edited:
I caught something nasty first week of February from a friend (from Arizona) who was sick. It hit me hard about a day and a half after coming in contact with him. Headaches, lung congestion, dry cough, muscle aches, with occasional hot/cold flashes. Lasted about a 10-days. Towards the end of it my sinuses started running with some mild congestion there.
I pretty much self isolated, as I didn't feel like going anywhere, other than checking my mail at the post office.

After reading this post, good chance I had it also?

We went and got tested and confirmed it was the flu. This was before anyone was really even talking about Wuhan. We fought it back with Tamiflu that was prescribed to us. We were very careful and our children didn't contract it.

But it has been in the back of my mind that it was likely Covid19 now that the symptoms are being posted everywhere.

Honest question - if you had flu symptoms, and tested positive for the flu, then why do you think you had COVID?

I had something in early December that wasn't the flu. Sore throat, high fever for over a week, nasty cough... I can't recall ever being that sick.

Nice to know you were out spreading it, rather than, "staying home if someone is the household is sick." (y)(y)

I understand why you might think this, but there’s more to the story. The first time my wife went to the ER, they gave her the nose swab, this was about 4 days after I left for work. The only reason they even tested her was because she’s a doctor, otherwise they would not have since she was not bad enough to be admitted to the hospital. It took three more days to get the results back ?, and they came up negative for influenza A and negative for coved-19. While I was “at work” 300 miles away in another city, I was actually on call from midnight till noon every day and I was never called in, so I was actually not out spreading anything around. After the “negative” test I did get called into work and because my work involves travel and my wife did not want me bringing anything back home to her, I chose to stay away the following week and work overtime on my off week instead of going home. She went back to her personal doctor on March 30th because of low energy and continuing difficulties breathing and her doctor officially diagnosed her with covid, said it was a classic case, and said they were getting a lot of false negatives with the nose swab test. So I did not officially find out she was positive until 16 days after I last saw her. I had kept my company well informed of what was going on and because of a false negative and then a diagnosis that came after I had been away from her more 14 days and had no symptoms, their response was I was to continue working. I actually work for a decent company and had the first test come back positive, I would have immediately been told to go home and be under quarantine for 14 days, CDC guidelines, and I would have been pay protected and not even had to use sick time. I could have returned to work when I had no symptoms for 14 days or, if I had gotten sick, 3 days after I was no longer sympathetic. Believe me, I would have gladly quarantined myself with pay, but that darn false negative test screwed me over and possibly other people if I unknowingly spread it around.

Sadly, the tests are not reliable, they are often not available to us anyway, and there’s no test for someone like me who was very exposed, but has no symptoms. I’ll likely never know if I had it and unknowingly spread it around, my body fought it off somehow, or by the grace of God I did not get it.

I know that’s a lot if information, but I figure sharing this experience might help someone through their own experiences with this crazy virus.

Btw, I still have not returned home, but I will this Sunday, 22 days after leaving and believe me........what ever she has when I get home, I’m going to be VERY exposed too ?.

Last edited: