• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How much longer will the ammunition shortage last

And gun prices are fricking unreal. My brother was looking for an AK and even POS Century imports are going for nearly $900. I told him to look around for an SKS but then I googled then and they're insane as well. I bought a couple Yugo SKS's maybe 10 years ago for maybe $150.

In fairness SKS were going up in price for a while now. The post Soviet collapse mil surplus boom is slowly drying up. Look at how much Mosin Nagants age going for these days.

They don’t have jobs.

Ha. Most lefties, as much as I hate to admit it, the ones that pay for real change, have very good jobs that pay very well. Someone is buying huge lots and I don’t think it’s all ordinary people even tho I could be wrong. And of course mil/LE contracts are getting filled first on top of that.

Reactions: OldSalty2
Ha. Most lefties, as much as I hate to admit it, the ones that pay for real change, have very good jobs that pay very well. Someone is buying huge lots and I don’t think it’s all ordinary people even tho I could be wrong. And of course mil/LE contracts are getting filled first on top of that.

Yep.

And many average joe shooters arent buying now because prices are just too high.

People who were prepared arent buying huge amounts right now.

New owners sure, they are going to buy at these prices. But huge stockpile amounts, nah...not imo anyways.

I am sorry, it just doesnt add up for me at all. You and I seem to be in the same boat on this one.

Reactions: needham
No TMK's that I saw. I'm tempted to buy them; but my CC is probably already melting :). Christmas is early, that's all. Still cheaper than 4 track weekends a year and much less than a Rush concert journey.

Rush concert journeys. Been there, done that several times. Ammo is still cheaper.

I should have bought a couple of those 55 gallon containers off of Brownells. I would be rolling in cash now if I did. As for me I should be good for a few years

Midway .58 cents around

Last edited:
Rush concert journeys. Been there, done that several times. Ammo is still cheaper.
:) Excellent. I can say, I likely haven't spent as much in the last 6 months on ammo as I did for the 2nd row seat for the last show ever (and I've never regretted that for one second...unlike ammo purchases).

I will say, I ordered some 22LR the other day, thinking I overpaid from Brownells for Winchester. Low and behold it's match ammo. Missed that. Now I don't feel so bad paying for it at a bit of a premium (10c/rd). May not be the best match ammo, but it's not the super cheap Aguila stuff I usually end up with.

Some of my customers are firearms manufacturers. Current backlog for them is approx 16-18 months to complete existing orders. So that's extra demand on ammo that hasn't come on line yet either. Not a 1-1 because a number of those guns will go to people who probably already have ammo for that caliber or already bought in anticipation of delivery of the new toy, but I bet my guys are not the only ones and it will factor in on the supply side we all see.

Reactions: deersniper
The Republic is failing. Buy what you find at whatever you can afford. It's basically downhill for gun owners from here except maybe for some brief instances where stuff is available. Hopefully we can stoke our SD weapons.

VooDoo

Reactions: mkollman74
I have had little trouble getting ammo...it is just a lot more expensive. Though I am not looking for 5.56/9mm type ammo. I have swallowed a 30% increase in cost for the calibers I shoot but it is OK by me. I look at it like buying stock. It is called dollar cost averaging. I bought a lot at the bottom of the cycle and now am paying more. In the long run, it averages out.

I buy all I can whenever I can.

Reactions: jb0311
In fairness SKS were going up in price for a while now. The post Soviet collapse mil surplus boom is slowly drying up. Look at how much Mosin Nagants age going for these days.
Yeah,I remember when you could get a create of SKS's for a couple of bills

Reactions: tomcatmv
I have had little trouble getting ammo...it is just a lot more expensive. Though I am not looking for 5.56/9mm type ammo. I have swallowed a 30% increase in cost for the calibers I shoot but it is OK by me. I look at it like buying stock. It is called dollar cost averaging. I bought a lot at the bottom of the cycle and now am paying more. In the long run, it averages out.

I buy all I can whenever I can.

Same here. It still comes around it just tends to disappear quickly too. Here are just some of my notifications for 9mm today. I believe they ranged from .60-1.00/round. But it still can be bought if you look. I’ve picked up everything I usually would, with the exception of 6.8spc. I’ve found .223, .45, .22lr, and 9mm at inflated but reasonable prices.

Attachments

• AE24858F-1D12-4E78-A1A8-F6827B5F2253.png
    AE24858F-1D12-4E78-A1A8-F6827B5F2253.png
    613.9 KB · Views: 36
Indeed. Perhaps the dems bought it all as an end fun around to their utopia.

No, THIS is depressing. I was at my range today and was chatting with a kid who works there. Nice kid, maybe 21. So he says a buddy of his asked if he should buy an rifle or a pistol before the election. No biggie, right? WRONG. He proceeds to tell me his buddy said that if Bernie was running he'd be voting for Bernie. WHAT THE FUCK CHUCK?????????????? His buddy "HATES Trump."

So, I've come to this conclusion:
1) A majority of people who are under 30 (35?) are most likely liberal shitheads - exceptions obviously, especially folks who are in LE, MIL; but I've completely lost faith in this younger generation. I've yet to meet an under 35 that wasn't pretty left of center.
2) We're completely screwed (see '1') as a nation. The liberal ideology has firmly entrenched itself into the education system and I don't think other than home schooling or a known conservative education this will ever be broken (The kid's buddy went to the best private school in the county) and while I'd like to say the libs are stuck to the education system like a remora, a remora is commensurate with the shark.
3) Kid needs new buddies!!!

Reactions: Jgunner
No, THIS is depressing. I was at my range today and was chatting with a kid who works there. Nice kid, maybe 21. So he says a buddy of his asked if he should buy an rifle or a pistol before the election. No biggie, right? WRONG. He proceeds to tell me his buddy said that if Bernie was running he'd be voting for Bernie. WHAT THE FUCK CHUCK?????????????? His buddy "HATES Trump."

1) A majority of people who are under 30 (35?) are most likely liberal shitheads - exceptions obviously, especially folks who are in LE, MIL; but I've completely lost faith in this younger generation. I've yet to meet an under 35 that wasn't pretty left of center.
2) We're completely screwed (see '1') as a nation. The liberal ideology has firmly entrenched itself into the education system and I don't think other than home schooling or a known conservative education this will ever be broken (The kid's buddy went to the best private school in the county) and while I'd like to say the libs are stuck to the education system like a remora, a remora is commensurate with the shark.

Yes sir. So as I pointed out In another threat, what do you do? Should the entire country be ran in the wishes of the large metro areas? I don’t think so, but what’s your options?

Yes sir. So as I pointed out In another threat, what do you do? Should the entire country be ran in the wishes of the large metro areas? I don’t think so, but what’s your options?
I think a good start would be school choice. But that's just the tip. The teachers union needs to be broken - period. That's part of the stranglehold. The NEA dictates most policy from my understanding.

The other thing is select good Constitutionally-based school board members and get a damn good school district lawyer who can defend against the communist agenda when they take them to court. Maybe like that nut job Senator from Hawaii, WE should be asking school board candidates if they understand and believe in COTUS and give examples of their actions or how they'd solve things so it's not just lip service - a "word essay quiz."

I actually don't think any political agenda should be pushed in schools - schools are supposed to teach HOW (not what) to think and HOW to solve problems that one may or may not have seen before. Granted, at some point Civics comes up and that's where we're losing the battle entirely. Do they even teach that now days?

I was fortunate, though I'm pretty sure my US History Prof @ University was a lefty (who'd now be called right wing) he never, ever pushed one way or the other to influence...he taught BOTH sides and cause and effect. The essay tests...same thing but in reverse. Argue your point and be able to defend it and you'll get a good grade even if you're pushing your own leanings - THAT type of teaching is what we need to get back to in education.

Last edited:
1) A majority of people who are under 30 (35?) are most likely liberal shitheads - exceptions obviously, especially folks who are in LE, MIL; but I've completely lost faith in this younger generation. I've yet to meet an under 35 that wasn't pretty left of center

I’m so tired of hearing this bullshit

The commies running the country aren’t under 35
Under 35 aren’t voting commie to “save my social security “ like all the boomers who are/were lazy. Are voting for.

Piles of old commies. Piles of young commies too. That’s the older generations fault. Got fartand happy while the hippies/commies were taking over education and government.

The government should ban ammunition like they did alcohol. That seemed to increase the manufacture and consumption of adult beverages.

So it ought to work for manufacture and consumption of the liberty pills.

I’m so tired of hearing this bullshit

The commies running the country aren’t under 35
Under 35 aren’t voting commie to “save my social security “ like all the boomers who are/were lazy. Are voting for.

Piles of old commies. Piles of young commies too. That’s the older generations fault. Got fartand happy while the hippies/commies were taking over education and government.
No real disagreement with your analysis there. Your argument seems more to be on the "cause" of liberalism side and my observation was on the product side :). So I'll grant you I tossed a blanket statement out there.

However, I also know more young folks' views. And for sure Bernie ain't <35. But I'll still argue leftist ideals have become more pervasive due to the infiltration of the education system and government by out and out commies which I believe you alluded to quite well with the lazy and hippie/commies taking over. The result is that I personally believe we have more people graduating who've been completely brainwashed than in the past. One can argue against that if they'd like. The seed was planted a long time ago and now we have a tree. I was fortunate as I guess most of my teachers never tried pushing political views....not a single one. Well, maybe one....when we shot down the Iranian 747 he mentioned "we can drill through glass."

So, I'm not trying to say people 35+ are not liberal - obviously the < 35's got more indoctrination lessons and that cannot happen without somebody coaching that. Nor am I saying all < 35 are very left; but I do believe that their is a higher probability they will swing more to the left due to the education system.

Finally, one cannot take the parents out of the equation, because MANY parents don't actually follow what their kid is learning and see what's being taught...they send them to school, pick them up, feed them, repeat.

So, while yes, I mentioned <35 I realize it's not just younger folks that are leftists; my concern is that to me it seems that the education system is focused on left leaning ideals and I think you see the results in the news around you ever day. When this brainwashing started in earnest is obviously a subject of debate.

The good thing about < 35 is that there is still a chance they can change their thinking based on life experience, where older folks tend to be locked into "their party."

Forcing half the country to live by Liberal rules is NOT going to end well. So. Start with a plan now to cleave the country in half. Kind of like CA is trying to do with succession. Even if it happens by force. Let the liberal rats have their cities. We'll take the center swathe from the top to Texas. Then... see how long the coasts/cities last when we control the food source.

Reactions: 10ring'r
Forcing half the country to live by Liberal rules is NOT going to end well. So. Start with a plan now to cleave the country in half. Kind of like CA is trying to do with succession. Even if it happens by force. Let the liberal rats have their cities. We'll take the center swathe from the top to Texas. Then... see how long the coasts/cities last when we control the food source.

You’d absolutely need some coastline, at least in part.

F that. The cities can have their laws. The non cities can have freedom.

Lot of good freedom loving people in the counties of blue states being bullied by the rats and leeches in the cities

Reactions: SilentStalkr
Aaaaaaaaaand the thread disintegrates and swerves off topic.....

to the OP: Your question is like asking a Trooper at a Road Closed gate on a Wyoming interstate highway ”When is the road going to open?”
His response would be similar to “Can you tell me when the snow is going to stop falling and when the wind is going to stop blowing? It will be after that.”
We are in for a wait.
All of us.

Up here in Alaska you can find younger kids that get it. We are not immune either though and have plenty of kids living here that will not survive if the system goes down for long.
I don’t have a lot of ammo but I got enough to be able to re up after every engagement. If my enemy doesn’t shoot my caliber then I will shoot his when I run out.

The Hornady frontier brass case 55. Stuff was/is accurate and hot. Some people said it blew guns up lol. My and my buddies guns love it.

That’s a decent price for BH 77s. Any TMK s ?
I do know, that one of my rifles, loves the Frontier 55gr. H.P. (5.56mm)stuff, it's very accurate, like, 10 shot groups at 100, you can cover with a fifty-cent piece, and I never had any malf. out of it.
I use the B.H. 77gr. TMK's (5.56mm) in my 600yd. rifle. The last batch I bought, cost me $1.16 per, but, I include shipping in the total cost per rnd. Mac
eta: Sorry folks, just trying to stay on topic.:LOL:

Last edited:
Prices will be back to normal next Wednesday at 8:00 CST

Don’t ask if you don’t really want the answer...

You're right. I probably don't want to know.

If those voices told him that Creepy Joe is going to win then turns out to be true, we may have to suck up to @mcameron for other advice.

Let's forget that I even asked the question.

Reactions: Blutroop
It'll end right after the election....just like Covid. It's all a hoax designed to hamstring Trump. It'll all be gone like the wind the day after the election.

VooDoo

Unless a certain side refuses to accept defeat and continue to stuff mailboxes with illegitimate ballots. Then we may have to start using our stashes.

Reactions: Ravenworks
AJ did have a point even if misplaced some.

The point I always made was to treat ammo like the stock market. Buy when other people are selling and sell when they're buying.
In other words, when the Obama effect was in and people panic bought, I stayed pat. When Trump was elected and things went down, I bought and stocked up on supplies as I was able.
Now, I don't need to buy. I'm not shooting much, but I am ok on ammo.

And bourbon.

I wish the price on good cognac would drop.

A shrewd eye and going to places you loathe can pay dividends... I HATE!!! going to Wal-Mart but was there for some stupid reason. Wandered back to sporting goods and saw the same 'ol same 'ol aka 350 Legend and .17 HMR in spades (I guess I need guns for those?) and then I looked down. There sat two Remington Bucket O' Bullets for $64.00 a pop. Grabbed them both and bored looking guy behind the counter says "Hang on a sec..." and pulls out 7 boxes of Federal Champion. Walked out with 3150 rounds of .22LR for $162.00. Did the same at Bass Pro and found three bricks of Remington Golden Bullet. All in all I've scrounged 6500 rounds for less than $0.07/round. It's out there and can be found for non-gouge prices with a little bit of pain as it were. I'll keep looking but I'm sure it will get tougher...
P.S. I'm way more concerned about reloading components...

Last edited:
Reactions: OldSalty2
A shrew eye and going to places you loathe can pay dividends... I HATE!!! going to Wal-Mart but was there for some stupid reason. Wandered back to sporting goods and saw the same 'ol same 'ol aka 350 Legend and .17 HMR in spades (I guess I need guns for those?) and then I looked down. There sat two Remington Bucket O' Bullets for $64.00 a pop. Grabbed them both and bored looking guy behind the counter says "Hang on a sec..." and pulls out 7 boxes of Federal Champion. Walked out with 3150 rounds of .22LR for $162.00. Did the same at Bass Pro and found three bricks of Remington Golden Bullet. All in all I've scrounged 6500 rounds for less than $0.07/round. It's out there and can be found for non-gouge prices with a little bit of pain as it were. I'll keep looking but I'm sure it will get tougher...
P.S. I'm way more concerned about reloading components...

Hopefully, you didn't have any of the Walmart calendar girls trying to foist themselves upon you.