• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How much longer will the ammunition shortage last

This is really a two part question, because there's shortage and then there's the fact that 1000 rounds of 9mm I paid $150 for a year ago is now over $600. Let's remember Obama, just him being in office and the media talking about gun control every couple weeks kept ammo prices high and availability low for YEARS even though they were never even close to passing real bans etc. Doesn't matter if Biden can pass anything, he's very anti-gun, it's on his agenda, he's going to try and push it and the media will push it and support it. That alone will keep prices high and panic buying rampant for his entire term even without a single anti-gun law passed.

We know all the things that happened during Obama, you had shops holding supply down to keep prices high, you had shop employees buying all the ammo arriving and reselling it on Gunbroker, you had shop employees calling their buddies when ammo came in and it never even saw the shelves, and you had guys buying up every box of ammo they could from stores that charged reasonable prices only to resell on gunbroker or gun shows. You had LEO/MIL making much larger orders than normal because of the ammo shortages as well. Then when the average shooter found ammo that the above didn't get at reasonable prices, they bought every round they could. Now on top of all that, you have all the covid fear, riots, etc. and record numbers of new gun owners for months now that all want ammo too.

My bet, 2025 before we see availability and the prices we had a year ago and only if Biden loses in 2024. Honestly I expect in the near term we are going to see high capacity mags and any "evil" guns go up in price and be hard to find as well, I'm honestly surprised it has not already happened. If you believe Trump will pull a rabbit out of his hat, maybe mid 2021.
Hopefully, trump can somehow pull a win out of his ass in the courts. If not, your prediction has a high probability of coming true.

Hopefully, trump can somehow pull a win out of his ass in the courts. If not, your prediction has a high probability of coming true.
I think we all know it’s a done deal. What we need to do is hold the ammo and gun manufacturers to task.
when the shit starts hitting the fan, and it will, if the sales can’t be made to civilians they should not sell to .gov. We know they won’t because in the end they only pretend to be ethical when it suits them. They are in the business of making money.

I am now of the opinion, that current "shortage" conditions are "the new normal".

...at least for the foreseeable future.

Btw, is it possible all the ammo is going to the same place as the n95 masks?

AFAF....

Yes, forever. Just dont usually play in absolutes, but i think this one is pretty much a given.
I dont know about that, if they are successful at banning online sales then more stock may become available to local gun stores.

I dont know about that, if they are successful at banning online sales then more stock may become available to local gun stores.
Nope. Atf DOT and any other federal agency will make it increasingly difficult to transport on federal highway system and through the air.

Nope. Atf DOT and any other federal agency will make it increasingly difficult to transport on federal highway system and through the air.
Possible, I am just trying to find a silver lining. We have all been at the doom and gloom stage before with doomsday predictions but we have survived thus far. Hopefully our fears are worse than the coming reality.

Possible, I am just trying to find a silver lining. We have all been at the doom and gloom stage before with doomsday predictions but we have survived thus far. Hopefully our fears are worse than the coming reality.
I think it’s time to start facing reality. Yeah I’m being super pessimistic because I see the changing tide. AJ has been right all along. truth is what people will believe and more importantly who says it. We are on the wrong side in this demasculinated society. The betas have the numbers now. It will CE clinches when all the illegals suddenly find themselves on a path to citizenship. Democrats for life. Slaves for eternity.

Reactions: SilentStalkr
Eventually supply and demand will reach equilibrium, but it won't be for a while.
Since Biden has already said he plans to put high taxes in place for ammo/mags/etc and also end online sales... the current shortage will be longer than if Trump had won.

I think it’s time to start facing reality. Yeah I’m being super pessimistic because I see the changing tide. AJ has been right all along. truth is what people will believe and more importantly who says it. We are on the wrong side in this demasculinated society. The betas have the numbers now. It will CE clinches when all the illegals suddenly find themselves on a path to citizenship. Democrats for life. Slaves for eternity.
Unfortunate but not incorrect. Maybe the pendulum will swing the other way in opposition to the pussification of men. One can hope.

I think we all know it’s a done deal. What we need to do is hold the ammo and gun manufacturers to task.
when the shit starts hitting the fan, and it will, if the sales can’t be made to civilians they should not sell to .gov. We know they won’t because in the end they only pretend to be ethical when it suits them. They are in the business of making money.
I've said this for years....if they ban the public who has a Constitutional Right, then the manufacturers should NOT provide the government with shit. Make an honest-to-God statement and don't just mouth off 2nd Amendment in adds, then cave. Make it real...Hornady, Black Hills, Federal, Winchester, whoever Remington is now - just stop supplying GOV. Same with GUNS...Colt, HK, Sig, etc...don't supply GOV. And better yet...if GOV threatens gun manufacturers...break the dies!!! I'll site F-22, A-7 and A-12 as precedence of how gov destroys dies and jigs.

I'll add that as high as ammo is right now...I'm actually considering topping off even at the stupid prices. I don't see this going away anytime soon.

Reactions: OldSalty2
if biden/harris f it up enough (and surely they will), in 4 years the gop will be voted in again. we've gone thru this a few times...

a good example of how long the ammo shortage will last

if biden/harris f it up enough (and surely they will), in 4 years the gop will be voted in again. we've gone thru this a few times...
Nope. The narrative of I inherited this economy will be too powerful. NC will never be red again. Georgia may never be. The west coast is fucking lost. All this is due to 2 things. NYers migrating into the east coast and Californians migrating all over the country.

Somebody had primers for sale at the gun show this past weekend......$20/100. :LOL:
I was contemplating going to a gun show to see if prices are more reasonable....I guess from this post I can assume that is a no.

I also love seeing the people selling geissele forged lowers for 3-$400 on AR15.com. "Well man, its just how things are now". Wtf is wrong with people trying to fuck each other over for a quick buck. I get a slight increase but Jesus thats triple msrp.

Several issues here:

1) assuming they do get in office (likely) it's not a matter of if, but "how quickly?" I predict in less than 1 week we'll see massive gun control in the form of EO's, which will then be in court for a while.
2) in 4 years there will be no chance R's can ever get back into power. There will be two new states, 4 new commie controlled senators. It's doubtful R's will ever get the Senate or House back.
a) every state allowing Northeasterns in (swooning them) and especially swooning Kalifornians who claim to be leaving due to taxes (maybe the case) but are most decidedly not moving to go to a more liberty-oriented state.
b) I don't know what happened to Georgia except ATL is high in corruption (like most commie controlled cities).
c) NC has been going to hell for about 15 years as more and more NE's move down and pass laws to make it more like what they fled.

What gets me, is why don't people value LIBERTY? I don't know about the rest of you, but I feel I should be able to do whatever the hell I want, so long as I have that right in the Constitution and I am not physically or financially hurting somebody. As long as I'm following what the Constitution and Bill of Rights says...then I'm almost as free as a bird. What the heck is wrong with that?

I was contemplating going to a gun show to see if prices are more reasonable....I guess from this post I can assume that is a no.

I also love seeing the people selling geissele forged lowers for 3-$400 on AR15.com. "Well man, its just how things are now". Wtf is wrong with people trying to fuck each other over for a quick buck. I get a slight increase but Jesus thats triple msrp.

its called the free market. no one is trying to fuck anyone over just to screw them, they are trying to maximize their monetary profit. The market sets the price and the market can determine if that price is too high. its so damn simple and im disappointed that there is so much whining about it on gun boards across Al Gore's glorious interwebs.

Everyone wants to be a capitalist until the free market starts doing capitalist things with the goods they want.

its called the free market. no one is trying to fuck anyone over just to screw them, they are trying to maximize their monetary profit. The market sets the price and the market can determine if that price is too high. its so damn simple and im disappointed that there is so much whining about it on gun boards across Al Gore's glorious interwebs.

Everyone wants to be a capitalist until the free market starts doing capitalist things with the goods they want.
I understand it, I still think it is shitty. My opinion which doesn't mean jack shit.

Let's make a deal I'll sell you my 130,000 round ammo stockpile and a few lowers at 2017 pricing when the firearms/ammo market bottomed out if you sell me your house at 2012 pricing when the housing market bottomed out.

Let's make a deal I'll sell you my 130,000 round ammo stockpile and a few lowers at 2017 pricing when the firearms/ammo market bottomed out if you sell me your house at 2012 pricing when the housing market bottomed out.
Point taken. Again, don't care i think it is a shitty practice and will not change my mind. Just my opinion.

Reactions: roamin
Reactions: roamin
sell 'em if you got 'em.

a few months ago i advertised my 5.56 per round "cash-out price". its not there yet, but when it does, ill make about 500% profit.

The market draws me in.

I probably would but I'm out of state for work right now.