• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How to stop the smash and grab epidemic.

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    1696987220037.gif

You don't need a lot of fire power. Just locking bullet and smash proof doors. Lock them in and shoot the fish in a barrel. A good dealer will throw them in the dumpster and have a clean up crew so they can be back open in a few minutes.

You don't need a lot of fire power. Just locking bullet and smash proof doors. Lock them in and shoot the fish in a barrel. A good dealer will throw them in the dumpster and have a clean up crew so they can be back open in a few minutes.
    Take care of business, then call in the John Wick cleanup crew.

Fascinating, but not surprising, that msm and the powers-that-be, all refer to the 'crime surge', but are apparently afraid to tell the truth and call it the black crime surge.

Or ship the main perpetrators off to Ukraine or Israel..13%ers gone, Ukraine/Israel get more troops fodder. Win win.
    There's enough thieves in Ukraine now, send them home to their mother land.

In Texas you can kill them after dark. If... You don't think you'll get your property back.

you can kill them anytime in Texas in direct persuit to recover your property.

you can kill vandals at night, but not during the day/.

you can kill them anytime in Texas in direct persuit to recover your property.

you can kill vandals at night, but not during the day/.
    I need to reread that statute.. I thought even stolen property was night only.

Edit: this agrees as well.

TEXAS LAW ON USING DEADLY FORCE TO DEFEND PROPERTY
    We must look at the law to answer the question, “Can I use deadly force to protect property?”. Texas Penal Code Section 9.421 states a person can use deadly force to protect tangible, movable property from another’s imminent commission of theft during the nighttime or to prevent another who is fleeing immediately after committing theft during the nighttime and is escaping with property if the person reasonably believes the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means; or that a use of force other than deadly force to recover the property would expose them to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.

Unfortunately for most criminals, they tend to operate at night.

damnit, that has changed since i first learned to carry.

Reactions: NoDopes and Ronws
    Learned a new technique at a conference this AM! Body dispersion. Being widely used by Russian Spetznaz.

Dig shallow pit. Place explosives ranging from Semtex to anti tank mine. Anything works in a pinch. Place body on top.

Detonate.

The paste disappears with the next rain or dries up and blows away.

Sirhr

damnit, that has changed since i first learned to carry.
    Same here. Back in the 80s when I was carrying and had a state commission to carry a firearm on duty, you could use deadly force in defense of life, property, and assets at any ole' time of the day or night. There was a locally important story then, along I-30 east of Dallas.

A guy's car was being repossessed and he shot and killed the tow truck driver as a thief, which was also rampant. Thieves would get a tow truck and some fake paperwork.

The jury no-billed him.

Well, there's jury nullification too. For those day-time thieves. Not that it's advisable unless it's my car.. then, I'm dumping.

Lethal force should be authorized for theft, assault, or being part of a Mob.

Just like it was 100 years ago. Steal a horse you get hung. Try to rob someone and you get shot, good riddance.

We have gotten way to soft and have allowed criminals to run roughshod.

Criminals should be more afraid of the populace than any prison or LE.

seems like nobody got capped, but yeah, dropping scumbag thieves on the regular would probably make some think twice.

Reactions: Maggot
    Learned a new technique at a conference this AM! Body dispersion. Being widely used by Russian Spetznaz.

Dig shallow pit. Place explosives ranging from Semtex to anti tank mine. Anything works in a pinch. Place body on top.

Detonate.

The paste disappears with the next rain or dries up and blows away.

Sirhr

Screenshot_20231013-061631.png

The newsletter "tech tips" in my career field aren't nearly as entertaining.

Sadly, we in Florida are not allowed to use deadly force (or "threat of") to defend property, period. We can only use it for defending a person/persons. I wish we were able to do that. Because it's obvious that it's the only thing that will get criminals' attention these days.

I also want it to be able to defend family pets/animals. Can't right now, as pets are considered "property." The only thing I can do there is stand in front of my pet. At that point, it's the criminal against me (a person), not my pet.

Sadly, we in Florida are not allowed to use deadly force (or "threat of") to defend property, period. We can only use it for defending a person/persons. I wish we were able to do that. Because it's obvious that it's the only thing that will get criminals' attention these days.

I also want it to be able to defend family pets/animals. Can't right now, as pets are considered "property." The only thing I can do there is stand in front of my pet. At that point, it's the criminal against me (a person), not my pet.
    Wrong.
    You need to read the 790s

Literally our law. Night prowlers are fair game for...wait for it...protection of property. Love SC gun laws.

Wrong.
    You need to read the 790s

Actually, you're the one who's wrong. You need to read the 776s. The 790's are about "firearms themselves" not "use of deadly force,."

Among other reasons, You are allowed to use deadly force only if you are attempting to prevent a "Forcible Felony" (armed robery being one) but only to the extent that it prevents "imminent death or great bodily harm." Therefore, if I encounter someone walking out of my house with my TV set (i.e. "Grand Larceny"), I cannot shoot them unless/until they make a direct imminent threat of death or great bodily harm to me. I can try to stop them via "non-deadly" means, but I cannot use deadly force until the BG directly threatens my person with "imminent death or great bodily harm."

Last edited:
    Actually, you're the one who's wrong. You need to read the 776s. The 790's are about "firearms themselves" not "use of deadly force,."

Among other reasons, You are allowed to use deadly force only if you are attempting to prevent a "Forcible Felony" (armed robery being one) but only to the extent that it prevents "imminent death or great bodily harm." Therefore, if I encounter someone walking out of my house with my TV set (i.e. "Grand Larceny"), I cannot shoot them unless/until they make a direct imminent threat of death or great bodily harm to me. I can try to stop them via "non-deadly" means, but I cannot use deadly force until the BG directly threatens my person with "imminent death or great bodily harm."
    No disrespect, but...
    776.013. 2 a, and 2b should cover the use of deadly force in your senerio.

If you let the person into your home and he stole your TV, then you maybe correct, but if person stealing your tv got into your house unlawfully, he's on the shitty end of the stick.

No disrespect, but...

If you let the person into your home and he stole your TV, then you maybe correct, but if person stealing your tv got into your house unlawfully, he's on the shitty end of the stick.

But if that person broke into my house forcibly (with me inside), regardless of their intention, then there's a whole different crime at play... not necessarily "burglary or larceny," but "Forcible Entry" and the "Castle Doctrine" kicks in. That crime would be against my person and Castle Doctrine automatically assumes intent of "death or great bodily harm," justifying deadly force. That person, in essence, could be "neutralized" before they even get to exercise their intent to steal my TV.

That said, one still has to be careful and not "neutralize" automatically. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. If, for example, that same burglar broke in but, upon seeing me armed, "stood down" and high-tailed it out of there, I could not chase after them to shoot them. And I probably shouldn't chase after them anyway for a plethora of reasons. I should be on that phone calling 911 pronto, as I'm sure the burglar or associates will be.

The first to call 911, wins.

Is shooting them in the knee cap 'deadly force'? They wont die.

But if that person broke into my house forcibly (with me inside), regardless of their intention, then there's a whole different crime at play... not necessarily "burglary or larceny," but "Forcible Entry" and the "Castle Doctrine" kicks in. That crime would be against my person and Castle Doctrine automatically assumes intent of "death or great bodily harm," justifying deadly force. That person, in essence, could be "neutralized" before they even get to exercise their intent to steal my TV.

That said, one still has to be careful and not "neutralize" automatically. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. If, for example, that same burglar broke in but, upon seeing me armed, "stood down" and high-tailed it out of there, I could not chase after them to shoot them. And I probably shouldn't chase after them anyway for a plethora of reasons. I should be on that phone calling 911 pronto, as I'm sure the burglar or associates will be.

The first to call 911, wins.
    "Kill them all. Let God sort them out."

Is shooting them in the knee cap 'deadly force'? They wont die.

Still, it is deadly force, regardless of whether or not the person dies. And, even worse, the BG is still alive to call 911 on you and get you into real deep schiznit!

No disrespect, but...

Only if he is still in your house, and it does not require theft or attempt. Attempting to defend deadly force after the perp is leaving will prove impossible. It would similarly be difficult to prove if you saw someone breaking into your (currently unoccupied) home if you were outside. And it does not apply to anything outside of your house including your car. So it really is not a "property defense", it is self-defense in your home.

Reactions: Fx51LP308
    Guys, guys! It's easy. Get a dig test to find out where you gas lines are so that you do not hit them. Then have an excavator on hand.

The way I see it and this is not puff, if you kick my door or window in and enter my home, anytime, I'm going to be scared and in fear for my life.. Thats not just legalize, I dont know you, I dont know why your there, if you even twitch in my direction Im going to assume it agressive. I'm old, cant run and cant fight. Fuck the television, Im protecting my life.

Last edited:
    My first thought reading the title of the thread was 'claymores.'

THAT'D fix the problem!

M
    A big cobra or krait in every jewelry case:LOL:

Or a crate of hungry wolves that can open with the push of a button. 🙃

Mom always said I dont play well with others.

The way I see it and this is not puff, if you kick my door or window in and enter my home, anytime, I'm going to be scared and in fear for my life.. Thats not just legalize, I dont know you, I dont know why your there, if you even twitch in my direction Im going to assume it agressive. I'm old, cant run and cant fight. Fuck the television, Im protecting my life.

And the "Castle Doctrine" would aggree with you, if you're inside when it happens.

Reactions: AZLong and Maggot
    Uncle Ted said it best. (I got to meet him once and get his autograph on "God, Guns, and Rock and Roll" and "Kill It and Grill it!" I have always been a fan of his music. I play guitar and sing. And whenever I got a new amp or special effects modeler, I would immediately tweak parameters to get that sound from "Cat Scratch Fever.")

Reactions: Trailgomer and MJF