• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Howa 1500 6.5 CM base and brake?

20Incher

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2010
Westchester
After advice from some of you I went Howa instead of Rem or Savage.I ordered the Howa HCR in mutlicam 6.5 CM.Should be here next week.I have a ATACR 5x25 mil going on it.What base and brake is suggested?Any input is appreciated.

I prefer Talley 20moa bases. Sorry, can't help on brake suggestion, I'm pretty ignorant in those regards.

Area 419 and little bastard are both brakes that I really like and they seem to get a lot of love on here. If you’re ever going to use a suppressor then get the brake adapter (silencerco asr brake for the asr can)

Brake wise I like the Area 419 Hellfire, pVA jet blast, or Gen2 Lil bastard brakes from APA. MPA makes a very effective brake too, but it was a little big/chunky for my rifle.

Suppressor Lol, I live in New York.I’m lucky to have a firearm.Jobs holding me back from moving or I would’ve been out of here years ago.Especially with this pos scumbag Cuomo.

I have a Howa HCR and went with a nightforce 20 MOA base on mine. I bedded the base and went on with my build. Everything has held nice and my rifle shoots pretty darn accurate.

Murphy precision
Nightforce
Ken Farrell
Talley
Warne
EGW

All those brands make decent bases that I would not hesitate to use on my rifle. Take any of those and call it good.

IMG_20181127_150024_552.jpg

I also went with a Nightforce, just the standard duty. I couldn't justify the cost of the Extreme Duty for the Howa, was more of a budget build for me.