• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Howa 1500 LA take off barrel

toe42

Private
Minuteman
May 21, 2012
I have been trying to locate a take off barrel for a howa 1500 LA.. I have browed the classifieds, eBay, google.. The only thing I can find is barreled actions.. Any ideas?

The prefit might possibly work.. Ty for looking that up.. I really don't want to drop a bunch of money.. I have an action and a few stocks laying around.. Just need a basic barrel to make its complete rifle..

I have read that it is a real bitch removing the barrel from a Howa. To the point that most smiths will cut it off close to the receiver, then bore it out real thin to make it easy. You might have trouble finding one.

I have a couple left over from two builds I did, but Myanmar is right. Howa torques on their barrels so much so that I had to cut a relief in the shank in front of the action to reduce pressure. The Howa is a good strong action but I didn't want to risk torquing the action getting the barrel off.

I haven't heard of that problem yet.. That is discouraging news.. Ty all for your time and comments.. I guess I'll just have to wait and hopefully get lucky maybe to locate one.. I wonder if any smiths would have one laying around as take offs..