• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Howdy

JMGibson

Private
Minuteman
Apr 20, 2011
TN
Found your site during a search. From what I've read so far this will be another one of my stops when browsing for new ideas and what not for shooting/hunting, etc. Glad I found this place
cool.gif
Guess while I'm here (I know it's my first post but I'm kinda in a bind) I'll go ahead and post my problem. I bought a Savage Mark II "F" with the "E" Reciever w/o accutrigger. The guy I got it from said he had done a Trigger job on it, well what he did made the gun unsafe cause it fires when closing the bolt, bumped or if you lightly push on the end of the bolt. I've checked numurous places (Numrichs, Savage Arms, Brownells, Midway, etc.) for the part I need (Sear) and no one has one or wants to sell just the Sear itself. I would like to get an orginal part and not spend the $100 for a replacement (Rifle Basix). So, if anyone here has one they don't care to part with, please let me know. Here is what my sear looks like:

1.jpg

Re: Howdy

Savage gunsmithing will have what you need. Give them a call and you will have it in no time. 208-313-1570

I am on the road, but I think I have what you need. I actually put a Rifle Basix in my 93 R17. I will be home tomorrow and I know exactly where the old one is. If it is the same (mine was pre accu trigger) consider it your.

anything on this yet? just wondering havent heard anything back from ya...
blush.gif

I was the same way! I was searching for a few answers and this place popped up! It is helping me out in multiple way! From one newbie to another, welcome to the Hide!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JMGibson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">anything on this yet? just wondering havent heard anything back from ya...
blush.gif
</div></div>

I will be perfectly honest with you, it slipped my mind (I'm an old guy)last week after I got back. Please accept my apologies. I am currently in southern Ca. till Saturday. I know for a fact that I still have the factory trigger and you can have it. Send me a PM (I did not get your other one)I will get it out to you on Monday the 9th via USPS priority mail.

No problem. I figured you either forgot or where still out on the road. I did notice the you said this in your last post:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know for a fact that I still have the factory trigger and you can have it.</div></div>

Just a reminder, the trigger is good on mine, its the Sear that I need. If yours is the same as mine I will pay you for it just let me know how much you want
wink.gif

Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JMGibson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let me know if you recieved the pm i just sent
cool.gif
</div></div>

Got it Bud. I sent you a reply. LMK