• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors HTG ARIS disassembly & Assembly - shooting it on

TexasGunTrustLawyer

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2011
Houston
www.texasguntrust.com
Took the HTG Aris to the range on New Years.

HTG, a company that used to owned by a brilliant, but eccentric Greek man was recenty sold to new owners last year. They took some time getting it set up in a new shop.

The HTG Aris is a can that meters extremely well. i.e. on the meter, it is QUIET, Quiet as the tier 1 QD cans. Now the meter, as we well know, does not tell the whole story. The can can also be quiet due to other factors. In this case, the ARIS is competitive with the Teir 1 cans in sound performance on teh 20" barrel that we tested it on.

We shot it next to my SPR/M4 on my 18" SPR profile rifle and it was comparable. This is what the meter results led us to expect.

The can comes apart for cleaning.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9jGi5gGjR_w"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9jGi5gGjR_w" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Re: HTG ARIS disassembly & Assembly - shooting it on

One thing, the baffles are compressed the endcap with bellville springs made of inconel. There was a question as to whether the springs would survive in the environment of a 556 suppressor.

Thanks for the report & video. I have one of these waiting for FORM 4 to clear in Tucson,been pending about 4 months. Mike from HTG has been great to deal with. Your report is encouraging, please let me know what you find with the springs.

I picked up an ARIS on demo from Mike and I am very impressed with its performance. For the money it is a tough can to beat if you want something that will hold up to FA or SBR.

i have an Aris with around 3000 rnds put down range and i have not had any issue with the belleville springs