• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes hunting scope for remmy 30.06?

signal5

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2007
tx
I am lookinf for a hunting scope for a remington 700 in 30.06. I want something in the 3-9X40 range. I also want something I will never have to replace. I was thinking of a Zeiss Conquest with the Rapid Z600 reticle. Then I read some bad things about that reticle in a thread on this forum. So should I go with the same scope but with a duplex reticle instead. Or are there other options out there? I will be hunting whitetail deer at max range of 400 yards, with some hunting in lowlight (not dark). Limit is in the $600-700 range.

Re: hunting scope for remmy 30.06?

Zeiss Conquest scopes are the best hunting scopes at their price level. After that I'd consider a meopta, new leupold vxr or maybe get something simple like an IOR fixed 4X.

Nothing wrong with the rapid z reticule. It's a good reticule for holding over when hunting. Just keep in mind it is SFP so the reticule only works at a certain power (probably 9).

Never replace it? Not sure about that but Zeiss has been around forever and they warranty everything for life so if/when you have a problem it will be taken care of.

edit: if you're familiar with the super sniper 3-9 that would do what you want as well as long as you don't mind hunting with a tactical scope.