• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Hunting scope selection assistance

bh-ltr

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2007
Eugene, OR
I'm not totally familiar with either of these two scopes but familiar with both brands...

I'm looking for a scope to be mounted on a 300WSM synthetic stock w/ brake

I'm going to be using it as a hunting rig and want a setup that is versatile enough to be used for spot/stalk, long range 300 to 500 yards, stand hunting and what not...

It will be used at all hours of the day so enhancement in dawn and dusk hours will be considered beneficial.

The two scopes that I'm considering are:
Sightron SII Big Sky 4.5-14x44 MD w/ side focus parallax
and
Zeiss Conquest 4.5-15X44 w/ Z800 reticle

If there are any other scopes in this price range that I should be looking at please let me know.

I thank you gentlemen.

Re: Hunting scope selection assistance

I can't speak for the Sightron, but I have the same Zeiss with the Z plex reticle. It is just as clear and bright as my Leupold VX-III 3.5-10 x 50mm, even in lower light.

I like for my hunting scopes to be fixed focus because we do a lot of still hunting and walking cutovers, as well as some with dogs.
The deer can pop up at any range from 25 yards to 300, and they are usually moving.

Re: Hunting scope selection assistance

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bh-ltr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Zeiss Conquest 4.5-15X44 w/ Z800 reticle</div></div>
Zeiss!