• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hurricane Sandy

Re: Hurricane Sandy, Politicians back at it

Well it didn't take long it seems before the local politicans start trying to mess up the recovery

Angry residents pelted utility crews with eggs as they tried to restore power in Bridgeport, Conn.

Quoted from the article:

"United Illuminating workers reported eggs and other objects being thrown at them a day after Mayor Bill Finch said the utility was taking care of wealthy suburbs while his constituents suffered. The unrest caused United Illuminating to pull its workers out until the city agreed to provide police protection.

"Citizens began throwing things at the crews," Michael West, a spokesman for United Illuminating, told FoxNews.com. "It started to get pretty hairy. They did not feel safe.""

If utility workers have to get police protection before they can do their work, perhaps somebody should simply hand the mayor and his ilk a bag of tools and say you fix it then, while we work in places they appreciate us.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/11/02/bri...k#ixzz2BGxWboI0

Re: Hurricane Sandy

We just got power back today (day eight of no power). I have to admit, melting snow to flush toilets was getting a little old.

Yeah, after owning a generator for six years since I bought this farm I waited until three months ago to take it to the slowest mechanic ever for repairs. Timing is everything.

I learned from this that you're not prepared until you're set up to get by with a handicap (busted leg in my case).

Bob