• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I hate fedex

ubet

Private
Minuteman
May 28, 2008
Commifornia no longer
I HATE fedex.

I ordered a bag from celyonc here on the hide (good guy to do business with). I live in a rural area, ups has NO PROBlEMS getting my packages to me. I guess fedex hires people who arent qualified to work at walmart. First I had it shipped to the post office, they couldnt figure out to leave it there. So I changed the address to my house and gave fedex my phone number, leave a note on the front gate "fedex, please leave package at the gate. Thanks Ubet" Well, they never even showed up. Fedex tracking says, customer not available, well, if he would have shown up, seen the FUCKING NOTE to LEAVE THE FUCKING PACKAGE it would be fine. But apparently finding addresses and reading comprehension are a thing of the past.

Normally these things dont bother me, but I need this bag by tomorrow morning.

Rant off

Re: I hate fedex

that happened to the guy that bought my t-pal, we were on the phone with each other when we both got a update:Recipient location security delay...WTF, no gate/dogs and he was home waiting.

I dont want anyone to take this as a bash or ANYTHING AGAINST Ceylonc, he is a stand up guy to deal with.

I just hate fedex, always have, ups or usps can get things figured out, fedex is lazier than a cut dog.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ubet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I just hate fedex, always have, ups or usps can get things figured out, fedex is lazier than a cut dog.</div></div>

Same sort of thing happened to me a couple times.

If fedex is the only option for shipping I buy elsewhere.

The brown truck runs by here almost every day for somebody out this way.......

That's funny cause in my experience, if you want something smashed to shit and soaking wet - ship UPS. It's happened more than once. Then they claim it wasn't their fault so no insurance - continued to give me the run around. I even had the lazy fat bitch from UPS tell me the package was too heavy for her and I needed to come to the truck to carry it to my door or she would leave it at the service center for me to pick up.

FedEx has always been good for me.

I have not had one problem with UPS, fedex, always. This address doesnt come up correctly on a gps, so it was probably to much for him to call the number I provided to figure out where the fuck I live. I mean, that would take initiative.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 737SHARK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love FEDEX you just have a bad area I guess </div></div>

No, fedex is just geared more for city, urban, and commercial service....back country roads seem to make 'em nervous.

They might get run over by a cow or something...........

I had UPS deliver an HK91 I bought to a regular house instead of my FFL once (I was following the tracking online).
They 'explained' the driver just "spaced" on the address. Guy it was delivered to initially refused to give it back. UPS did not care either. Until I explained they just delivered a "Semi Automatic Assault Weapon" to Lord knows who and I am about to call a Coworker/Detective and the Local ATF to sort the mess out. They fixed things in short order but I would never use them again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: koz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I even had the lazy fat bitch from UPS tell me the package was too heavy for her and I needed to come to the truck to carry it to my door or she would leave it at the service center for me to pick up.

FedEx has always been good for me.

</div></div>

Yeah, probably will be until the first time you call 'em a fat lazy bitch.........

You can set your watch to the UPS delivery guy in my neighborhood! 2:15pm on the dot!

Fedex is a whole 'nother story...

When they leave door tags on my door, that say I can pick it up at so an so location at 4:45pm, get there...

and they tell me

"No, our system says its at the other location"
Which happens to be clear across town... and I only have 10 minutes to get there!!!

Happens all the time with them! Fuckers

UPS is way better than Fed Ex for us. Drop off time may vary, but UPS over time is a touch better than Fed Ex.

They probably didn't even try to deliver it. That has been my experience before. Take the day and wait for a package to show up, sitting at home with the front door open so I can see out the screen door. Check the fedex tracking and it says customer not at home. Call up the nearest office and tell them WTF and so they called the driver. Turns out he was tired of delivering and just went home. So they made him deliver my package. I was told the driver would be disciplined according to company policy. Problem is this has happened more than once and with different drivers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Limey-</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had UPS deliver an HK91 I bought to a regular house instead of my FFL once (I was following the tracking online).
They 'explained' the driver just "spaced" on the address. Guy it was delivered to initially refused to give it back. UPS did not care either. Until I explained they just delivered a "Semi Automatic Assault Weapon" to Lord knows who and I am about to call a Coworker/Detective and the Local ATF to sort the mess out. They fixed things in short order but I would never use them again.</div></div>

LOL! I bet that did get their attention!

I've had Fedex deliver primers to my house that had been run over by something because the box was half crushed and had rubber marks on it, none of them were damaged but it would have been interesting if they had gone off. They also dropped off a keg of powder with "HAZMAT WARNING: CONTENTS MAY EXPLODE" stickers all over it at my front door, when it was shipped "requiring an adult signature". It sat in clear view on my front steps for about 7 hours, and the kids next door(horrible little fuckheads) who are known for stealing shit, could have seen it at any time and gone "hey lets set it on fire, that will be fun". They then blamed the shipper(midway) when I called to complain about the driver forging my signature and leaving explosives on my doorstep.

I've also had them deliver beer-ingredients to my neighbors house, and because of that all the ingredients spoiled from being out in the sun so long and no one noticing and they refused to replace the order.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ubet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I HATE fedex.

I ordered a bag from celyonc here on the hide (good guy to do business with). I live in a rural area, ups has NO PROBlEMS getting my packages to me. I guess fedex hires people who arent qualified to work at walmart. First I had it shipped to the post office, they couldnt figure out to leave it there. So I changed the address to my house and gave fedex my phone number, leave a note on the front gate "fedex, please leave package at the gate. Thanks Ubet" Well, they never even showed up. Fedex tracking says, customer not available, well, if he would have shown up, seen the FUCKING NOTE to LEAVE THE FUCKING PACKAGE it would be fine. But apparently finding addresses and reading comprehension are a thing of the past.

Normally these things dont bother me, but I need this bag by tomorrow morning.

Rant off</div></div> Agree!!

funny-car-photos-what-will-brown-do-for-you.jpg

Guess you should have used this guy

We had FedX leave a few hundred dollar package in a trash bag down at the end of the drive-way (we live back a long paved drive). He was kind enough to put it in a trash bag, because it was raining (however, delivery at the front door, and under the porch like the UPS guys do, would have accomplished the same end). That said, it was trash day, and the trash bag covered box was "placed near the trash" per the driver. REALLY, I mean really! The driver then went on to contacted us to tell us that he would have to pay for the box out of his check. Screw-um!!!

Well it arrived today. I saw the fedex guy go down the road, and heard he didnt stop. I FLIPPED. I jumped in the pick up and was gonna run his ass down. But, when I got to the gate, it was there, must of went the other way first.

Fedex ruined my Friday last weekend too - was planning a trip to the ranch, they were to deliver much needed part for a customer at the usual 1245pm. Was waiting patiently for it, kept checking the door, nada. Finally, at 2 pm, see the " DELIVERED!!!" note on the tracking site. WTF, no package.

Called the CS number, "oh it has been delivered sir!" My ass, not here it wasn't. "oh well, we will have someone call you" When? "uhhhhhh....." You aren't in the US are you? " No". Give me your supervisor ( hint - this gets you an American voice ) - she says she'll contact the hub and they will call. I remind her that I want it today.

After an hour of calls, a guy with an address 2 blocks away, brings it - my address is correct, the driver dropped it at his place, same address, wrong block. Fedex finally calls and says the driver dropped it at my place - " NO, you can tell him he lied, the guy down the street, just dropped it here." Now 4 pm, still have to deliver to MY customer, and by the time I finished, screw it too late to go to Man Camp.

I hate fedex too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ubet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dont want anyone to take this as a bash or ANYTHING AGAINST Ceylonc, he is a stand up guy to deal with.

I just hate fedex, always have, ups or usps can get things figured out, fedex is lazier than a cut dog. </div></div>

The only thing Fed-ex is not lazy about is weighing packages. UPS doesn't really care if the poundage is off by 1-2 pounds. But Fed-Ex...No, They will nab you for there stupid fee's if you don't round up...Every time.

I stopped using Fed-ex when I shipped someone some .50 cal ammo and the box made it to the destination facility and they would not deliver. Literally 5 miles away from customer drop-off and they told me the package was damaged. I had it shipped back and low and behold...Their was nothing wrong with it...At all. In fact I still have the box sitting in the living room. I'll take a picture tomorrow and post it up to show how rediculous THEY are.

After that incident I canceled my Fed-Ex account, not worth the headache.

Back when I played paintball competitively, fedex left a $2k paintball gun, sitting at the corner of my property. Not a road, not a box, just chilling next to a boundary stake with fluorescent tape on it.

Repeatedly Fed Ex is the worst shipping offender for me. My Rifle from SAC was marked delivered, when Fed Ex made no attempt to get it to my house. It took another 48 hours for the package to arrive. They leave parcel in my driveway, end of driveway, friends houses in town, it is sad. I have a good rep with my UPS driver, she will go out of her way to place my packages in safe places (ie: garage, porch, or even locked up in my truck. I have had pretty good results with USPS.

I get a fair number of deliveries from both, I have an FFL. Haven't had a problem with FedEX YET, but most of their deliveries are next day shipments of handguns. Guess they are a little more careful with those.

Never had a problem with UPS as long as the regular driver is working. Came home one afternoon and found a package containing two handguns laying on the front step, just as the rain started. The package was marked in inch high red letters "Adult Signature Required." I called the UPS warehouse and went off on the manager, telling him that if their drivers were too stupid to read, they didn't need to be delivering. His excuse was that the reqular driver was out sick, and they had a part-time employee filling in for him.

The regular drivers have never been a problem. If no one is home & signature isn't necessary, they always put the packages under the carport, in the dry & out of sight.