• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I have 4k small and large rifle primers

Broadsword

Private
Minuteman
Sep 12, 2003
Grovetown Georgia
The local gun shop says they are desperate for primers and want me to bring in the 4k plus that I have but no longer have a use for. Can a few of you guys give me an idea on the current market value so I can go in there armed with some idea?
Here's what I have exactly.
1000 Federal #205 Match Small Rifle primers
2000 CCI 200 Large Rifle primers
1000 Winchester WLR Large Rifle Primers
Also have an unopened can of IMR4350 and a 95% full can of IMR 4895

Any info you can throw my way would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Broadsword

Re: I have 4k small and large rifle primers

$65 - 1000 Federal #205 Match Small Rifle primers
$100 - 2000 CCI 200 Large Rifle primers
$50 - 1000 Winchester WLR Large Rifle Primers

They'll sell them all in a day for $10-$15 more per 1k than that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broadsword</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The local gun shop says they are desperate for primers and want me to bring in the 4k plus that I have but no longer have a use for. Can a few of you guys give me an idea on the current market value so I can go in there armed with some idea?
Here's what I have exactly.
1000 Federal #205 Match Small Rifle primers
2000 CCI 200 Large Rifle primers
1000 Winchester WLR Large Rifle Primers
Also have an unopened can of IMR4350 and a 95% full can of IMR 4895

Any info you can throw my way would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Broadsword </div></div>

You would be selling (and them buying) wholesale, they sell retail. If you are expecting current retail price you won't get it. No matter how fast they can turn around (resell) if they have to mark it up too much they won't make a profit. And if you try to gouge them they will know it and you won't be welcome back. Tell them to make an offer and as long as it is more than you paid for the primers take it.

$50,000

Seems to me they know the score these days. If you sell it to them with only a mild 10 or 20% markup, don't be surprised, or angry with yourself, if you later see each brick-o-primers (especially the GM205Ms) going for $60.00-$85.00/1000.

Ask them to make you an offer, but be a polite yet indifferent "rug merchant" about it!

Commerce is like chess; there are moves and counter moves.

I'm not trusting any retailers to no gouge, except one locally (he finally got a bunch of .30 caliber bullets, and his price for 250 Nosler 168s is $61).

There's one in another town who sold something like 18 1-lb jugs of Varget for $29.99 apiece. His SMKs were $39.99. I avoid buying from that jerk.

Sell them to us on the board. One way might be for us to ship you our brass, you run it through a Lee Auto-Prime, and ship the primed brass back to the buyer. I'd rather pay you to to that for me than pay HazMat, though this month I *would* gladly pay $30 + $20 HazMat to get 1,000 of the CCI 200s.

rhis primer crunch isn't gonna go away anytime soon, w/ back orders dated into next year they are probably a better investment than gold or silver. find a friend or someone who needs them and be fair but take advantage of the current market trends, but only if you don't need them, as you may never be able to get them back at that price. i think grump had a real good idea.