• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I need a name for a rifle action company. Help me and win.

Virtus Arms/Virtus Rifle Works.

Virtus is Latin for strength, power, courage, virtue. Or as Wikipedia says:

Virtus was a specific virtue in Ancient Rome. It carries connotations of valor, manliness, excellence, courage, character, and worth, perceived as masculine strengths (from Latin vir, "man"). It was thus a frequently stated virtue of Roman emperors, and was personified as a deity.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

I think you should take it a different direction, maybe help fly under the radar...

Company name: Fuzzy Bunny Slippers, LLC

Various Product Names: the HUG, the SNUGGLE, the KISS, etc etc

Revolution Arms

1) The patriot
2) The Minuteman
3) The Militia

Last edited:
battlezone armaments

Models after the four fathers?

Or....

Outreach ordnance

Models

Night owl
White hawk
Brown hawk
Eagle

Or

Night owl ordnance/precision

Last edited:
Elysium Arms or Elysium Actions Or Elysium Precision. Also, could use other forms of the word "Elysium."

I'm a big fan of Greek mythology. On a marketing view point, I think the whole period of time that Greek mythology represent generates a significant "awe" factor for consumers. People have a general familiarization and knowledge of Greek mythology thanks to the countless movies and general education in elementary school.

Elysium or the Elysian Fields (Ancient Greek: Ἠλύσιον πεδίον, Ēlýsion pedíon) is a conception of the afterlife that developed over time and was maintained by certain Greek religious and philosophical sects and cults. Initially separate from the realm of Hades, admission was initially reserved for mortals related to the gods and other heroes. Later, it expanded to include those chosen by the gods, the righteous, and the heroic, where they would remain after death, to live a blessed and happy life, and indulging in whatever employment they had enjoyed in life.

What's better is that along with Greek mythology is a host of recognizable names.

Elysium Arms - Cerberus
Elysium Arms - Aries
Elysium Arms - Zeus (perhaps a little pretentious... I'd reserve for the flagship action)
Elysium Arms - Hero (more of an obscure name in Greek mythology, but "Hero" is immediately recognizable whether you know the Greek story or not)
Elysium Arms - Apollo
Elysium Arms - Chimaera
Elysium Arms - Hydra

and on and on...

Something more patriotic?

I'm patriotic as well, but I think one has to be careful as overly "patriotic" themes can be a turn-off to a lot of people. (ie: Founding Father Arms... not sure if anyone has suggested that, but, personally, I would not buy a George Washington action)

Still thinking on this one...

Last edited:
Prophecy Precision Rifles (Arms)

Names of rifles:
a. Pestilence
b. Plague
c. Apocalypse
d. Rapture
e. etc.

It just sounds cool, "I just got in my new PPR Rapture" or "my new PPR Pestilence".

Pegasus arms
Pegasus Precision
Nebula
integral actions(focus on great integral actions)
Precise Precision
Nail head actions
Neptune Actions/Arms
Hammerhead
Tracker Arms
Top Dog
HellHound
Devil Dog
Black Mamba
Venom Tactical
AntiVenom
Striker Arms
Buzzsaw arms
Ballistic arms/actions
Tempter tactical
Final Solution
Top Tier Actions
Top Notch Actions
Tiger Arms
Winter Wolf
Hogtooth arms
Hanus Anus action
Pig Breath Custom
Snaggletooth arms
Ripsaw Rifles
PTP Precision (Pay the Piper)
American Actions (Motto- Buy American Made Products)
AntiJihad
Jackhammer
Guess I should be working LOL. Sitting here rambling.

Good LUck with your company

Underworld Arms/Underworld Precision/Underworld Actions

Purgatory Arms/Purgatory Precision/Purgatory Actions

Any of these model names with whichever company name:

Underworld Precision - Grim Reaper
Underworld Precision - Hades
Underworld Arms - Cerberus (I really like this name)
Underworld Arms - Inferno
Underworld Arms - Diablo

2A Precision (2nd Ammendment Precision)

Cornhusker Rifleworks

Action Masters

Marvel Actions
- name actions after marvel characters/items ie Thor's Hammer

I have a few others but am headed to class.

If you name it Bad Mother Fucker, I'll buy one. When someone asks which rifle is mine I'd like saying Mines the one that has Bad Mother Fucker on it!

I'm a Scifi nut so here are my submissions.

Galactic Arms
Interstellar Arms
Cosmic Precision
Event Horizon

Actions/Rifles

Quasar
Pulsar
SMBH (super massive black hole)
Tacyon
Hyperdrive
Neutron Star
Gravity Wave
Singularity
Quark
Dark Matter
Star Gate
Maser
Plasma
Graser
Laser
Phaser
Kinetic
Quantum
Nova
Super Nova
Gamma Ray Burst
Red Dwarf
White Dwarf

Go big or go home.:cool:

Exotic

Cayman
Havalina
Beast
Devil
Cape
Jakal
Kudu
Caracal
Impala
Eland

You could even offer camo packages based on the names.

First, let me explain my reasoning:

1. You want something with a good acronym. You talk SAC, GAP, and TBAC.
2. If you Google the acronym, it needs to be something that isn't a huge corporation that will always overpower your results.
3. You want something synonymous with "accurate"

DARC

Definite Arms Rifle Company

Definite is synonymous with "accurate," and "DARC" only refers to a few small random organizations, which you could easily overpower on a Google search. The name is vague enough that you can still use some good patriotic names for the rifles themselves, such as:

Patriot
Gadsden
Constitution
Liberty
Freedom

Guys we are getting ready to tool up to make Remington style short actions of the highest quality and i need a kick ass marketable name. So here is the deal you help me come up with a good name and the first production receiver is yours free with serial #000000 or what ever you'd like it to be. We will be focusing on a short action at first with rifle to come after we are making an action. Our business plan is to make them for other rifle builders to fill the void of a great company that has been only concentrating on complete rifle builds and no longer sells just there actions.

What we will do is take the best 15 names of my choosing and then the Snipershide can do a poll for for the top 3 names. If one name stands out above the others significantly that will be the winner. If it is a tight race I will pick the winner from the top three. I will have prizes for the top 15 names and very significant prizes for the final 3. The winner will get the first production receiver made along with an invite to come spend a day or two at our shop Shooting machine guns and having a good time at our expense.

The actions will not be made by American Reaper Arms but will be made by another company that i am starting. So no association with American Reaper Arms is preferred. As American Reaper Arms will become retail only.

One aspect I will be judging on is that the name can be related to the different models of rifles we will make at some point. I am very patriotic as well. I will also be doing a thread on must have features of nameless Action.

Thanks Scott

Only one name, speaks for itself: The Terminator.

Related to happenings in the universe
Big Bang Arms/Actions

Gamma ray bursts are often compared to gigantic rifles that will destroy anything in their path....
“I used to appreciate this spiral just for its beautiful form, but now I can’t help a twinge of feeling that it is uncannily like looking down a RIFLE BARREL,” says Dr. Peter Tuthill on Gamma Rays

Big Bang Actions
Rifles:
Gamma Ray
Pulsar
Quasar
Supernova
Red Giant...could be the long action model?
White Dwarf...short action?
Ionizer
Antimatter
Singularity
Etc, etc...
Lots of possibilities/combinations

I'm a Scifi nut so here are my submissions...

Go big or go home.:cool:

Wow! we must have been typing ours out at about the same time. I had the reply box open for a while in tapatalk app. And after I submitted mine I saw that you had basically just posted the same thing. You did have yours in first though. Just didn't want you to think I copied yours! Great minds think alike? I guess our submissions are a little different, but nice thinking. I was surprised this morning when no one had posted anything about these topics!

There's so many markets to relate to. I know the starting goal will be to build on a R700 footprint but in the future it would be nice to see a custom CRF action.

That said we can break the market into three groups.

Tactical
Target
Hunting.

Then each group would have subdivision certainly

Tactical
-military
-police
Target
-f class
-palma
-bench rest
-etc
Hunting
-longrange
-lightweight
-recoil sensitive

So you need something that could encompass or be adapted to all of it.

The naming of the action isn't necessarily going to based in the future firearm build. And the fire arm names could be simple enough, the palma, the mountain extreme, the Prarie rifle, the ranch rifle, the marksman, whatever would tie that rifle to a certain sub category of the three main groups, but that that defines the end all be all, but just having that tie in would let you know about certain features of the firearm.

So the company name could be something simple, Platte River Arms, Loup River Arms, something that doesn't point towards one segment and keeps you open to all of them.

The actions are going to end up being different for each segment so you'll end up with different names there.

What is the plan for the first action? I would guess it'll be a tactical/target kind of action?

SGC
Stealth Gun Craft

Name the Actions after aircraft.

B-2 Spirit
Nighthawk
Lightning
Raptor

or some other type of Aircraft. I was going for stealth type.

Last edited:
How about "Presidential Arms"?

Models could use the nicknames of US Presidents

The Sage - George Washington

The Rail Splitter - Abe Lincoln

The Lion - Teddy Roosevelt

The Raw Hide - Ronald Regan

The Stain - Bill Clinton -- ROFL!

There's so many markets to relate to. I know the starting goal will be to build on a R700 footprint but in the future it would be nice to see a custom CRF action.

That said we can break the market into three groups.

Tactical
Target
Hunting.

Then each group would have subdivision certainly

Tactical
-military
-police
Target
-f class
-palma
-bench rest
-etc
Hunting
-longrange
-lightweight
-recoil sensitive

So you need something that could encompass or be adapted to all of it.

The naming of the action isn't necessarily going to based in the future firearm build. And the fire arm names could be simple enough, the palma, the mountain extreme, the Prarie rifle, the ranch rifle, the marksman, whatever would tie that rifle to a certain sub category of the three main groups, but that that defines the end all be all, but just having that tie in would let you know about certain features of the firearm.

So the company name could be something simple, Platte River Arms, Loup River Arms, something that doesn't point towards one segment and keeps you open to all of them.

The actions are going to end up being different for each segment so you'll end up with different names there.

What is the plan for the first action? I would guess it'll be a tactical/target kind of action?

OH, something like Savage Arms?
You could call the company "Red Skins" (since washington won't be using it pretty soon). You could have a model 7 - SA and a model 70 -LA and then go from there.

I appreciate simplicity in marketing

My entry/suggestion is:
Pinnacle Ordnance, Inc.
Acronym: POI

Action names:
The Summit short action
The Apex Long action
The Vertex Magnum action

Good luck with your endeavor!

Introducing the brand new

"Infidel Arms" "Old Glory" custom rifle actions

Or vice-versa

"Old Glory Gunworks" with their infidel rifle series

Last edited:
We almost named our company "Precision Custom Tactical Sniper Rifle Weapon Systems Arms Company" or PCTSRWSAC" for short. We wanted to make sure we hit every high speed name out there all in one. Haha, Im just messing.

The hardest part is doing what you are trying to do. If you build a great product, it will not matter what the name is, people will learn it and accept it as such. Good luck with your search!

Mark

Tecumseh Arms

Flint arrowhead as the symbol

Or just use your name. I have a name that's almost synonymous with engineering (lots of those in the family too) so I'd probably use that.

Monarch Arms/precision etc
Monarch Ordnnce Actions (MOA) Its not just our name but our guarantee.

For an action - Sceptre / Scepter

The marketing and slogans available down that road would be endless.

The unquesionable king of accuracy. Rule the range with a Scepter from MOA.

Follow up names are plentiful and continuation and contenuity of product branding.

Last edited:
Black Forest Precision, I think the action names should be Greek words as some have already mentioned here.

Ben

High Plains Precision "HPP"

Columbus is in the heart of the plains where Native Americans flourished

action/rifle names:

Huhn- means "kill cry" in Lakota
wakina- means "thunder" in Lakota
Zuya- means "warpath" in Lakota

Last edited:
damn, I could use a new action for free, but am terrible at being even remotely creative.

But maybe something like American Custom Ordinance (or gunworks or something along those lines). Could come up with many names for action that go along with America, etc. such as the patriot, the rebel.

Eh, can't think of much to go off of the American name right now. Will come back and add if I can.

A few more:
Parabola Rifle Works (as in the trajectory of the bullet)
Azimuth Action Co.
Acute Arc Ordinance
Arc Ordinance
Choctaw Precision
Injun Country Rifles
Clear Creek Precision Arms.

Leviathan Action Works - L.A.W.

and, a little background info on leviathan: St. Thomas Aquinas described Leviathan as the demon of envy, first in punishing those entering hell.

Also, thought of as one of the gatekeepers to hell.

Last edited:
Card Trick Arms

The joker
The ace
The flush
The straight
The spade
The diamond
High stakes
Snake Eyes
Suicide king

Poison Firearms

Injection
Arsenic
Cyanide
Hyperdermic
Sarin
Anthrax

Last edited:
I need a name for a rifle action company. Help me and win.

Superior Armament Systems
Superior Arms Manufacturing

Last edited:
Militant Actions

Militant American Actions

American Militant Actions

Last edited: