• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I.O.T.A (Indoor Optical Training Aid)

Been using mine for awhile. Works great plus the PowerPoint videos with movers and pop ups are a nice to use indoors

How much space under the objective does the IOTA add? Asking for a possible scope/barrel clearance.
It needs exactly as much clearance as a Butler Creek cap.

How is this IOTA different than the DFAT?
http://dstprecision.net/index.html
I don't have a DFAT, but from what I can see on the DST website it's identical to the IOTA.

It's a really cool training aid whose developer deserves to be rewarded; I wish I knew whether DST is distributing the same product with a different name, or if they copied the IOTA, or if the IOTA was copied from their product.

Reactions: PBWalsh
Now if I can just get this damn Tenebraex cap off my objective...

Can anybody confirm which Gen/Size IOTA will fit the Vortex 50mm AMG?

Edit to add: nevermind, figured it out with the new adapter rings.
If anyone is on the fence about these, I got one for my 56mm Razor centerfire rifle, and it's awesome.
Need one for my AMG on my rimfire rifle so I can keep practicing wobble elimination through the long winter. Once a month at NRL22 isn't enough, and these iotas make indoor practice so much easier.

Last edited: