• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I.O.T.A (Indoor Optical Training Aid)

Re: I.O.T.A (Indoor Optical Training Aid)

Received my IOTA in the mail yesterday. I'm really pleased with with it thus far. It is a very effective way to gain practice on trigger/bolt manipulation when you're stuck in the house. Thanks!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mister Ouchie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got mine today (thanks Chuck!). Put it on my scope and tried it out in the living room, works great! The months of waiting seem worth it. : )

I've actually been working on a little app for use with the IOTA, basically a virtual range. It's in the beginning stages but it could be interesting. </div></div>

Looking forward to this. My IOTA is on the way an should be here soon.

I got my IOTA shortly after I placed the order. I have it set up in my basement with a laptop and the pic with the red circles in the beginning of this thread. Much easier to practice dry firing indoors in the privacy of my home.

This product is really a great idea.

Thanks again

Just received my I.O.T.A. and it is awesome. Chuck is easy to deal with and the workmanship speaks for itself.

Great work and thanks!

The IOTA is probably the single greatest invention for marksmanship practice. Thanks for a great product.

Thanks Chuck,
Just got mine today.
Quality product and I can't wait to get some more time behind the trigger.

Les

Got mine the other day and it's fantastic!

Also, Chuck stands by his product. Great customer service.

I have a Sightron 10-50X60 BC doesnt make a scope cap big enough to fit it. Any ideas on how to employ this on my scope?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Biner626</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a Sightron 10-50X60 BC doesnt make a scope cap big enough to fit it. Any ideas on how to employ this on my scope?</div></div>

If you have or can get a standard screw in cap, Chuck can make one from it. That is what he did for my NF BR scope. I actually think it is a nicer product than the BC cap I have on my NXS.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ryanjay11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Biner626</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a Sightron 10-50X60 BC doesnt make a scope cap big enough to fit it. Any ideas on how to employ this on my scope?</div></div>

If you have or can get a standard screw in cap, Chuck can make one from it. That is what he did for my NF BR scope. I actually think it is a nicer product than the BC cap I have on my NXS. </div></div>
I was considering using a screw on camera filter for this. I haven't heard back from Sightron on the correct size to order as of yet.

anyone use this to box test their optic?

i was thinking that this would be a nice use for it since a box test at the range can sometimes be difficult due to needing an exact distance, large target, getting everything setup and level during a quick "cold range", but at home you can take your time and get it right.

This is a quick note to those that I have missed.

There have been a couple of you that I never got back to and I have no excuse. I try to make it a point to be quick with a response and sometimes I get confused.

I have some vacation time coming soon and I hope to get as much shooting in as I can, along with working on my IOTA hobby.

Thanks
Chuck

Chuck,
How is your lead time currently and what is the current price?

Thanks

Just wanted to thank Chuck for doing this. He was very helpful with responding to questions and making sure everything went smooth. Nice training aid for all of us who cant get to the range that often. Thanks again Chuck

I'm getting ready to release a free app that will work with the IOTA, letting you practice ranging and run a dot drill. It's going to run in a web browser, but I can also do an iphone/ipad version. I'd like to gauge interest in that, so if you'd like to be able to run it on your ios device, please PM me and let me know (it will be free as well).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mister Ouchie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm getting ready to release a free app that will work with the IOTA, letting you practice ranging and run a dot drill. It's going to run in a web browser, but I can also do an iphone/ipad version. I'd like to gauge interest in that, so if you'd like to be able to run it on your ios device, please PM me and let me know (it will be free as well).</div></div>

Cool idea. App for both pc and iOS would be sweet, more options the better.

Some have asked how to ID a Butler Creek cap they already have on there scope. It is marked,in very small numbers, on the inside of the rim.
2nrjwjp.jpg

thanks chuck, I really love my new IOTA. It works like a charm. I've printed up some super tiny target to tape to the wall and I've been wearing them out. just as advertised. Thanks again.

I finished the app I mentioned previously, it's now available for free on my site.

It's called "Hide on the Range" and I made it to work with the IOTA. It simulates targets being at range precisely enough that it can be used to practice mil-dot ranging as well as just for dry fire. It does this by using the size of the screen and the distance of the screen from your eye.

It also has a timed dot drill.

It's beta, so anyone who tries it will be testing it out. : )

I don't want to hijack this thread so I will make a new one.

Which is here.

I received my IOTA today and only got a little time to mess with it but i can tell you this is a awesome product wich will see a LOT of use.

Thanks again for making a EXCELLENT product.

Heath

Ordered mine a few days ago, heard it was already headed my way. Thanks Chuck

Mine is in the mail. I've been holding of on this and can't think of a single good reason. I'm looking forward to having this to "snap in" with. Thanks for being so speedy with the shipping.

Cheers

I have had my IOTA a week or so now. Works just as advertised. Only wish I had one 2 years ago! Good job Chuck!

Got mine in the mail this week!

its a magical little device and well worth the cost--If you're serious about improving your shooting, this thing is a must have.

I wish I could find mine. I got the one you shipped me a couple months back, used it once, and put it in a "good place"...I may have to order another. It works great.

I got mine today and it works great. It will see alot use.
Thanks Chuck

just got mine a few days ago... great tool i must say

had my scope set in no time

thanks chuck

Just Sent my check in the mail. Looking forward to getting it soon. Thanks Chuck.

Received my I.O.T.A the other day. Really impressed. This will really be a blessing when it gets cold and nasty outside. Thanks Chuck!

Received my IOTA today. It's everything I was expecting and then some. Thank you very much for a quick and easy transaction Chuck!

Hi all,
I received my IOTA from Chuck a few days ago. I have also downloaded the Hide on the Range app for my iPad.. To say I'm satisfied with both is an understatement!!

Chuck is great to deal with. He shipped the IOTA out super quick, and it was securely packaged when it arrived. It's fit on my scope was perfect, and it really does what is advertised. FINALLY, I am able to get snapped in without having something look fuzzy or way out of focus. This is perfect for me, as due to shoulder surgery, I cannot fire live at the moment.

Whether using it for dry fire training, range estimation (with the Hide on the Range app), or even using the close magnification to help level a scope, the IOTA is a winner, and anyone serious about their training deserves to check it out!!

Thanks again, Chuck!

Some long overdue pics..(due to freakin' snow! and shoveling the white crap)

The basic rifle:

DSC_0836_zps312808c0.jpg

Scope with IOTA ready to start dry-firing:
DSC_0838_zpsc0cf6595.jpg

Pic of the front lens:
DSC_0840_zps2a634143.jpg

And a pic of the target:
DSC_0841_zpsbe69c80e.jpg

This came out a lot darker than you normally see the target through the IOTA as my scope and camera together filter out a lot of light.

Just wanted to check in, since the changes where made to the site. Will somebody shoot me a PM so I can see if I have that figured out. Thanks

I sent an email yesterday ordering 2 of them. one for a Bushnell 6-24x50 and a Premier 5-25x56. I failed to read that you need to send in what size cap it uses. So does anybody know what size butler creek cap the premier uses since I have not received the scope yet?

Range Report: (indoor range that is) - I really like this thing. Setup couldn't be easier, 11' 2" seemed about perfect distance for my particular scope. Light on the target definitely helps. The eye relief is very particular, and helped me determine I need a higher cheek riser on this particular stock to be truly centered in the scope. I had to laugh when I went to adjust the parallax knob - I had no idea that the thing adjusted to that close a distance and actually had a 10' mark! :)

Does anyone have any targets designed for use with the IOTA that have various tiny sized silhouettes (maybe some little turban wearing silhouettes) of various sizes/positions to use for multiple range practice? Maybe some deer/elk at various angles and speed of movement indicated? If nothing exists, I'll try to make up something and post for others to use.

Hi 264, i am not the most computer savvy to begin with but i can't find your site for ordering one.