• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I really want to build one of these...

finished.

DSCF0272.JPG

DSCF0273.JPG

DSCF0274.JPG

I am not greedy I just wanna build my very own
1698379820105.jpeg

ohio class battle ship it doesn't even have to fire just track cars passing down the street via lasers and motion sensors . or a tank that does the same thing .

Reactions: Average guy
Paint. The original union artillery carriage paint was an O.D. green very much the same as used in WWII.
View attachment 8263437
Want to start a fight among re-enactors... try and tell them what the "Right" shade of OD green is on Civil War Cannons!!!

Bah ha hahah haha.... The truth is that it was whatever was in the cans they had handy. North and South. South painted a lot of stuff tan or yellow. It's all they had.

Revolutionary War Washington ordered all American Artillery to be painted in "French Blue" to honor our French allies. Yeah... right. They could barely afford shoes. Not many cannons got painted. But when it was... it was painted French Blue. If they had any. Again, widely varied in hue. From robins-egg to a blue/purple. Whatever was in the tins.

BTW, your paint looks damn near identical to what's on my trails and carriages. If anyone wants a formula, I have one for Home Depot enamel. Somewhere. If I haven't lost the can. Again.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Want to start a fight among re-enactors... try and tell them what the "Right" shade of OD green is on Civil War Cannons!!!

Bah ha hahah haha.... The truth is that it was whatever was in the cans they had handy. North and South. South painted a lot of stuff tan or yellow. It's all they had.

Revolutionary War Washington ordered all American Artillery to be painted in "French Blue" to honor our French allies. Yeah... right. They could barely afford shoes. Not many cannons got painted. But when it was... it was painted French Blue. If they had any. Again, widely varied in hue. From robins-egg to a blue/purple. Whatever was in the tins.

BTW, your paint looks damn near identical to what's on my trails and carriages. If anyone wants a formula, I have one for Home Depot enamel. Somewhere. If I haven't lost the can. Again.

Cheers,

Sirhr
Apparently, you can start the same fight among wwii re-enactors regarding field gear and khaki v OD3 v OD7 v various shades of the various ODs. And, that is before dropping the “markings” grenade down the stairwell…

Final adjustment to the elevation screw. Had to re-drill so added a brass cover plate. Rare case of a screw-up ending up looking better fixed.

View attachment 8265009

View attachment 8265008

Based on your lifestyle, does your wife even react when she walks into the house and realizes there's a new piece of wheeled artillery by the stairs, or is it just mentally catalogued so she doesn't stub her toes in the dark? :LOL:

Based on your lifestyle, does your wife even react when she walks into the house and realizes there's a new piece of wheeled artillery by the stairs, or is it just mentally catalogued so she doesn't stub her toes in the dark? :LOL:
My wife is a World Champion Cowboy Action Shooter and former Colorado Women's Biathlon Champion. Her father was a Sergeant Major in Special Forces with 3 tours in Vietnam. She's away right now and wants me to wait till she gets back to shoot the Requa.

elke1.jpg
elke worlds 2015#3.jpg

GearsGun2017_209.jpg

Last edited:
My wife is a World Champion Cowboy Action Shooter and former Colorado Women's Biathlon Champion. Her father was a Sergeant Major in Special Forces with 3 tours in Vietnam. She's away right now and wants me to wait till she gets back to shoot the Requa.

.View attachment 8265778 View attachment 8265777

View attachment 8265788

I thought you'd posted about her being a shooter in the past, but the question was more on the crazy builds you seem to always be cranking out, haha.

Glad to see you and the misses have so much in common.

Reactions: lash and Modoc
Awesome!!! Did all the barrels fire?

Beautiful job!!!!
3 barrels failed to fire, I'm going to enlarge the touch holes in the brass. I'm also going to fasten the brass cases to the cartridge strip with countersunk screws and replace the flimsy cannon lock string with 550 cord. Other than that, everything worked fine. Here's a down range view.

Well I fixed the three minor problems. Enlarged the flash holes, secured cases to the cartridge strip, and replaced the canon lock string with metal bike cable. You can see more photo's and video's in the Buy, Sell, Trade forum.

Reactions: ZG47A