• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I think I'm done.....

fdkay

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 27, 2009
    Ingleside, Tx
    Or I will be when Momma comes home!

Savage Model 12
    Accutrigger set to 3.5 lbs
    Lothar Walther 1-10 twist 24" .308
    B&C Varmint tactical stock
    Harris Bipod & podlock
    EGW one piece 20 MOA base
    IOR Valdada 3-18x FFP mil/mil (but don't call it the snipers hide edition)
    IOR Steel Rings
    Crappy cell phone pics, Momma has the camera visiting Daughter and family.
    kent130.jpg

kent127.jpg

kent129.jpg

Re: I think I'm done.....

That is a sweet looking set up. You just think you are done. All guns like this do is fuel the fire to want more.

Very nice rifle! What's the next rifle you are going to buy?

I just got the scope today and will go to the range tomorrow.

I was trying to get a feel for the parallax adjustment, and it didn't seem to have any effect.
    I finally took the rifle outside and looked down the street about 60 yards and focused on a license plate just to assure myself that I didn't have a defective unit.
    This is my first high end scope, the damn glass is so crisp and clear there wasn't much adjusting to do.
    I think I might have scared a couple of folks driving by, but I live in Texas and most in the neighborhood know I'm LE.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johndoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice rifle! What's the next rifle you are going to buy? </div></div>

I'm thinking of going with the Shilen barreled action in a B&C light tactical stock or maybe the fully adjustable model.
    The action is a 700 footprint with a floating bolthead and barrel nut ala savage.

Very nice. Almost exactly the setup I was going to run until I decided to switch calibers. Very nice rig. I want to see a range report on that dude as I'm going with a walter barrel myself.

Good luck,
    Merritt

Got to the range today, got it zeroed for 100 Yards.
    Had some trouble with the loose nut behind the trigger.
    After fiddle farting around and getting it where I wanted, I fired one round, loosened the turret screws and reset them to zero and fired two more rounds to ensure I didn't screw up the zero.
    Keep in mind this rifle has a 3.5 lb trigger pull, this is with American Eagle 168 gr OTM, I did not measure the group. It is only three rounds as I was running low on ammo and wanted to verify come ups at 200. Squares are a bit less than 1 inch, draw your own conclusion.
    100 yards:
    kent131.jpg

So I moved back to 200, came up 4 clicks and was able to get this:
    kent132.jpg

All in all, I'm pleased. I'm not a terrific marksman and I am a bit hampered by the trigger pull, but it is a work rifle and the trigger will stay at 3.5.

for running non reloads those are great groups. You should be pretty excited because with the right reloads those groups will shrink in half if not more.

Good luck,
    Merritt

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">IOR Valdada 3-18x FFP mil/mil</div></div>

Nice looking/shooting rig , how are you liking the IOR scope ???