• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I think our artillery is preparing for war.

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    I live not far from Ft. Sill the artillery training base. Last few days they've been especially active, last night they popped a couple big ones I hadnt heard before.

Maybe training the Israeli's?

Reactions: ggmanning
    I live not far from Ft. Sill the artillery training base. Last few days they've been especially active, last night they popped a couple big ones I hadnt heard before.

They don't need the training as they already field a varient of our m109 and have used it for decades.

Could be the environmentals or fdc guys are deliberately trying to shake n bake

Probably that or a JFO class getting some practice with aircraft drops
    Maybe a class of AIT doing firing tables for certificates and graduation requirements
    Y'all may be correct but I've lived hear over a year and never heard it like this. The couple last night my have been some sort of air drop. They wer maybe 4 times anything I've heard. I would hate to be on th receiving end of that.

Y'all may be correct but I've lived hear over a year and never heard it like this. The couple last night my have been some sort of air drop. They wer maybe 4 times anything I've heard. I would hate to be on th receiving end of that.

You just duck.....
    IMG_0131~2.JPG

Reactions: jrassy and 232593
    Looks like katusha rocket parts. Fuck them thangs
    They make such a lovely sound upon arrival ...

That particular one is actually an Iranian 107 haseb from the type 63 family iirm...

I made a couple wind chimes out them to hear
    the sound of freedom when I came home and now some pog ass kid with customs has them 🤣

When I was out in that area over the summer I was informed that Ukrainians were at the base and were receiving artillery training.

Reactions: Maggot
    When I was out in that area over the summer I was informed that Ukrainians were at the base and were receiving artillery training.
    Yes, I've heard that, but things have intensified in the last few days.

FJB

Firing with what? I was under impression that Chinese production of 155mm is failing and there is problem with reserves...

• Haha
    Lived in Lawton when I was a kid. Used to sit on the porch and watch the flares float down during night fire.

The good ol' days.

Mike

• Haha
    Went to basic and ait there. There's a FDC class graduating every 8 weeks.
    It's a tradoc base so very likely foreign entities are training there if it's intensified.
    They do a mad minute and a final protective fire for qualification. If it's daily for more then 3 days then it's probably not US enlisties training.
    But I haven't been there since 06-07 so who knows.

Lived in Lawton when I was a kid. Used to sit on the porch and watch the flares float down during night fire.

The good ol' days.

Mike
    So you know about cracked sheetrock. LOL

I am about 35 miles maybe from a big Army base My windows have been vibrating for several days so I would concur. They havent done that in a long time. Big upswing in booms at my AO

I was 15 miles south of fort hood yesterday, and there was a steady boom about every 3-5 minutes, tanks or artillery I guess, seems a little more than normal lately.

I am about 35 miles maybe from a big Army base My windows have been vibrating for several days so I would concur. They havent done that in a long time. Big upswing in booms at my AO
    MIC is hungry.

Reactions: camocorvette
    I'll add some more opinion and personal experience.
    This would be the perfect time of year and about the time of year we( when I was in 16 years ago) trained through 11 tables of training. All consisting of various technical and tactical facets of an Artillerymens life.
    Which is simply 3 things. Find the enemy, destroy them and be able to fix your buddies.
    Table 8 I think was the majority or final of the exercise. About 3 days of in the field "real world" artillery missions including movement and emplacement.

Anytime the Night Stalker's came out at Ft. Lewis in larger then normal numbers it was always the same. The same when we rattled spanaway and dupont. "Whats going on, their getting ready for what?"

War.

They are literally always getting ready for war. Some times a unit comes by to train. The training schedule will increase.