• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

I wish McMillan made stocks for Savage 93 rifles.

JelloStorm

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2010
Northeast Pennsylvania
So, looking into building a new 17 HMR for the hell of it and I'm trying to find a Savage 93r17 FV with that cheapass tupperware stock.

Seems that if I want a better stock, the only solutions is a Boyds stock? I really don't want a wood stock.

Too bad McMillan doesn't have options for a 93 series. I'd love to get another HTG for my little 17
frown.gif

Re: I wish McMillan made stocks for Savage 93 rifles.

yeah aftermarket sythetic stocks for the very popular mkii or 93 are rare if non existant, which is strange.

one would think by now even hogue would've come out with an overmold model like they have for the 10/22.

definately a market for it, but oddly no one is putting one out.

check out those AICS airsoft stock projects going on. i did one out of a CZ, there's another with a MKII involved. seems to be a solution to the tupperware blues.

if your up may way, i'll let you check out mine, although i'm not comparing an airsoft stock to a mcmillian, i think you'll be pleasantly surprised it's leaps and bounds better than the tupperware.

Hey Top! Yeah I gotta get up your way for some squirrel hunting with you.

McMillan actually DOES have one. The RIMFIRE MAGNUM VARMINT but it's more tacticool than for a hunting stock.
smirk.gif

I emailed them to see if they can inlet any of their other stocks but I doubt it.
frown.gif

I would freakign love a mini-HTG for my 93 rifle! I have one on my R700 and it's my favorite stock by far.

Doesn't manners inlet for the savage?? They are on par with mcmillan....and i believe they inlet for it??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JelloStorm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Top! Yeah I gotta get up your way for some squirrel hunting with you. </div></div>

yeah, i didn't forget about squirrel hunting, it's definately on the to do list this year.

yeah, mcmillian make 2 specific rimfire stocks, the rimfire prone and the rimfire magnum varmint, either will set you back at least 350.00 and the magnum varmint "can be inletted for the Anschutz 1700 series, the Savage Model 93 and MK II actions, the CZ452 series, the Ruger 77/22 series, and several other popular rimfire and rimfire magnum rifles" again well over 350.00

manners has their CZ stock, which probably may be inletted for savage, but that will set you back around and probably over 450.00

of course both are at the top of the heap when it comes to stocks, but still that's a big investment for a 93 or mkii

it would be nice to see a choate, hogue, bell and carlson, hs precision, or similiar come out with something under 200.00 either in the tacticool catagory or a hunting styled stock. i think that what their usual offering.

looking at choate, it looks as if their cheapest tacticool styled centerfire stock is 270.00, and hunting style just over 100.00.

looking at hogue, their 10/22 could be gotten for anywhere between 67.00 and 100.00, and isn't really all that bad of a stock for hunting aplications. i've alsways found them to be lightweight enough, comfortable, and affordable. i ran them on centerfires for years.

bell and carlson has their 10/22 tacticool stocks for around 200.00, http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet/the-433/Bell-&-Carlson-Ruger/Detail
their odyssey line looks like it would be perfect, 3way adjustable for 340.00 http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet/the-432/Bell-&-Carlson-Ruger/Detail and 2way for 250.00.

they have 2 10/22 sporter models too for around 125.00

why not inlet or make a form for mkii?

it's just strange to me that such a popular rifle like the MKII doesn't have manufacturer's tripping over themselves to produce a decent (at least above the savage tupperware stock) stock. they'd sell like water in the desert.

off mcmillan's site, under HTG-A1

"THE HTG WILL ACCEPT THE FOLLOWING ACTIONS:

(if your action is not listed, please contact us and ask)

Bat - HR, VR
Big Horn - rear tang sits high on stock
Dakota 76 (action must be sent in for fitting, fees may apply)
Defiance - all models
Howa 1500
Interarms mk X
Mauser 98
Montana 1999
Nesika Bay - Remington clones
Remington - 40X, mod 7, 600, 660, 700, 721, 722, 788, XP 100
Ruger mk II (floor plate must be sent in for fitting)
Sako - AI, AII, AIII/L61R, AV, 591, 691, A7
<span style="font-weight: bold">Savage - all models - <span style="color: #FF0000">(93 E model must be sent in for fitting)</span></span>
Shilen DGA
Stiller - All remington clones
Surgeon - all models
Winchester - mod 70, pre 64, SPR, PBR, TSR
Vanguards"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CL1KKL4C</div><div class="ubbcode-body">off mcmillan's site, under HTG-A1

<span style="font-weight: bold">Savage - all models - <span style="color: #FF0000">(93 E model must be sent in for fitting)</span></span>
</div></div>

Oh HELL YES. While it may sound kinda odd to put such a good stock on a run of the mill 93, it would emulate my deer rifle and small game is good practice for big game.

Ok just got off the phone with McMillan and the nice lady on the phone was such a great help. I seriously love these guys.

They can inlet the 93 series in their HTG but will need the barreled action to be sent in, as stated above.

However, I'm trying to find a picture of the 93/93E installed in an HTG to see how well the mag is accessible, however she didn't have any pictures.

She said that because they just started inletting the HTG for the 93 series, not many people know about it yet she guessed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JelloStorm</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CL1KKL4C</div><div class="ubbcode-body">off mcmillan's site, under HTG-A1

</div></div>

Oh HELL YES. While it may sound kinda odd to put such a good stock on a run of the mill 93, it would emulate my deer rifle and small game is good practice for big game. </div></div>

I can't knock you for it. If I had the money I would do the same. The savages are some shooters, especially the 17's.

I recently sold one on the EE. The buyer wanted confirmation it was sub moa. I originally bought the rifle as a gift for my father so I had never shot the thing. Well after shooting some groups with it I damn near wanted to keep it. If I were able to reload for it I may have. That thing was a laser!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CL1KKL4C</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JelloStorm</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CL1KKL4C</div><div class="ubbcode-body">off mcmillan's site, under HTG-A1

</div></div>

Oh HELL YES. While it may sound kinda odd to put such a good stock on a run of the mill 93, it would emulate my deer rifle and small game is good practice for big game. </div></div>

I can't knock you for it. If I had the money I would do the same. The savages are some shooters, especially the 17's.

I recently sold one on the EE. The buyer wanted confirmation it was sub moa. I originally bought the rifle as a gift for my father so I had never shot the thing. Well after shooting some groups with it I damn near wanted to keep it. If I were able to reload for it I may have. That thing was a laser! </div></div>

Get another one then and get shooting! Every one of my friends who has guns has had me pushing the 17HMR onto them, and guess what? Each one now has a 17HMR since they're so much fun
laugh.gif

They're especially fun when you go after animals. That little 17gr round, which is smaller than a BB / pellet from a BB gun, does numbers on small game.

People often bitch about the stopping power of a small caliber rifle such as the 17HMR. But they're talking about shooting Coyote or other larger animals which .223, 22-250 or hell even 17 Hornet were made for. I go after grey squirrels and bunnies
laugh.gif

If i remember correctly, McMillan sells un-inletted versions of their stocks and for a price(dont remember how much) will do custom inlettings.

called Mcm yesterday and it was around $480 for the HTG