• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

IDAHO,WYOMING,MONTANA,UTAH

Maybe I can help you with that.
Try watching the movie "The Road"...
That is one of my "worst" bench marks.
Read the book. Way better than the movie. There is almost no dialogue, a lot of the narrative is about the thoughts inside of the characters' heads, and a lot of the book takes place in darkness, so there was no good way to translate it into a movie that was closely faithful to the book.

NE Montana, last March.......

It goes with the territory.

Attachments

• cherry ridge snow.jpeg
    cherry ridge snow.jpeg
    379.7 KB · Views: 58
Read the book. Way better than the movie. There is almost no dialogue, a lot of the narrative is about the thoughts inside of the characters' heads, and a lot of the book takes place in darkness, so there was no good way to translate it into a movie that was closely faithful to the book.
I also read the book. Heard the same from other movie watchers so I did both.
Either way, that was a tough row to hoe.
American's are soft and dependent. similar to the wife / Mom in the movie. Will just give up.
Wonder what percentage of Americans have the drive to survive these days.

Last edited:
LOL

There are a lot of beautiful areas in Idaho but they're either expensive or you get buried in 8ft of snow, or both.
Everyone is lying about Idaho. It is ugly and dreary here. Nobody likes it here and it is boring.
Here is a pic from south Idaho, heading towards Owyhee nv.View attachment 8233102

Yeah but if you break down or run out of gas the locals will eat you.

After researching the job market more in these areas it looks like salt lake city would probably give the most opportunity for my profession . The rent and housing prices in salt lake are similar with montana and Idaho but the pay is higher for my line of work in salt lake. Wyoming rent and housing prices are lower vs the others but it's harder to find a decent paying job.

Zillow has quite a few 400k-$500k houses listed in the Salt Lake city area. What parts of Salt Lake are the bad areas with meth labs? What are the decent areas good for family?
Kearns, West Valley, western Taylorsville aren't great areas. Don't know as much about parts of Salt Lake. I think South salt lake isn't the best as well. Used to live in Taylorsville and lots of homeless and illegal types in the area.

Bought my 1989 1750sqft house in Kaysville summer of 19 for $300k. Zillow says it is $440k today.

Reactions: WILLSMITH030382
I had my 5th wheel set up on the lake at Provo while building a Micron / Intel plant at Sandy. Consider the freeway during the winter getting into SLC. Provo is somewhat of a college town.View attachment 8236060
So is Ogden with Weber state but nowhere near as bad.
@WILLSMITH030382 I work in ogden. Downtown area isnt as good. One thing to remember about Utah is there is state income tax as well.

It looks like your one of those that encourages people to move into your state. Great job on selling Montana.
It's a good place for some........ Not so good for other's.
Those that would find it not so good are being bussed to New York City.
A good plan.

Reactions: BCP
Everybody that lives in Idaho, Montana, Utah and Wyoming wishes with all their hearts you would fuck off and stay wherever the fuck you are now. It's not that they do not enjoy you passing thru on the interstate highway on your way to someplace else, they are happy to sell you gas and a couple of corndogs. It's just that you are ruining the hunting, fishing, parking, driving, camping, schools, shopping, eating, movies, groceries, housing, utilities and pretty much every god damned thing you touch.

When you show up at the gun club or shooting spot and start a story with; "this is how we did it back in _"fill in blank"___ and offer to show them new ways to ruin their fun, they wish you wouldn't. Same goes for PTA meetings, city council meetings and so forth and so on. Then you buy 10 acres and want to hunt on everyone else's private property without permission or better yet you go to the county and demand your area be made a not shooting area and start calling the cops on the neighbors because their shooting on their property woke up your wokeness. Or you buy 5 acres, a lot of land by the standard of New York or Illinois and now you fucking shoot towards all your neighbors because you are unaware bullets go past the target.

I'm hoping that you stay where you are and that we can send 12,000,000 foreign criminals back to where they fucking came from and depopulate this country. My spot in Idaho is 160 acres of private land surrounded by a couple of sections of Idaho school ground. (open to the public) About noon on opening day I hear at least two cunts with AR-15s going apeshit, blasting away for 30 mins and walk up to see what is the fuss. Two California cunts who recently moved to civilization and bought them some guns were happily blasting away like fucking retards with new drum sets.

I walked up to within 10 feet wearing bright fucking orange and sat down to watch them shoot and miss for 50 shots at a 50 yard target. When they finally stopped, I introduced myself. They were stunned and completely unaware I was there. As they explained their joy with being new gun owners, I explained it is fucking opening day of deer season and that the guy sitting in the deer stand 100yds away to their left wasn't any happier than me or the other 12 guys in the area. These two fucks literally set up in a field a guy was hunting, he was in a stand in plain view and it was luck they did not use his stand for their targets.

Try the Dakotas or Nebraska.

Reactions: 42N8 1 and MJF
Everybody that lives in Idaho, Montana, Utah and Wyoming wishes with all their hearts you would fuck off and stay wherever the fuck you are now. It's not that they do not enjoy you passing thru on the interstate highway on your way to someplace else, they are happy to sell you gas and a couple of corndogs. It's just that you are ruining the hunting, fishing, parking, driving, camping, schools, shopping, eating, movies, groceries, housing, utilities and pretty much every god damned thing you touch.

When you show up at the gun club or shooting spot and start a story with; "this is how we did it back in _"fill in blank"___ and offer to show them new ways to ruin their fun, they wish you wouldn't. Same goes for PTA meetings, city council meetings and so forth and so on. Then you buy 10 acres and want to hunt on everyone else's private property without permission or better yet you go to the county and demand your area be made a not shooting area and start calling the cops on the neighbors because their shooting on their property woke up your wokeness. Or you buy 5 acres, a lot of land by the standard of New York or Illinois and now you fucking shoot towards all your neighbors because you are unaware bullets go past the target.

I'm hoping that you stay where you are and that we can send 12,000,000 foreign criminals back to where they fucking came from and depopulate this country. My spot in Idaho is 160 acres of private land surrounded by a couple of sections of Idaho school ground. (open to the public) About noon on opening day I hear at least two cunts with AR-15s going apeshit, blasting away for 30 mins and walk up to see what is the fuss. Two California cunts who recently moved to civilization and bought them some guns were happily blasting away like fucking retards with new drum sets.

I walked up to within 10 feet wearing bright fucking orange and sat down to watch them shoot and miss for 50 shots at a 50 yard target. When they finally stopped, I introduced myself. They were stunned and completely unaware I was there. As they explained their joy with being new gun owners, I explained it is fucking opening day of deer season and that the guy sitting in the deer stand 100yds away to their left wasn't any happier than me or the other 12 guys in the area. These two fucks literally set up in a field a guy was hunting, he was in a stand in plain view and it was luck they did not use his stand for their targets.

Try the Dakotas or Nebraska.
How long have you lived in Idaho?

This is true in Idaho for sure.
A guy from cali lives south of me, hes always cussing and yelling at his girlfriend etc.
The lady to the west I think is sort of liberal, but she keeps to herself and has never had a single problem.
The guy below me from Alaska, he’s ok. Always giving me stuff. I like him.
The couple to the east side are quiet, from Colorado, but routinely text us about things they don’t like, I popped off a couple 9mm rounds into the dirt, she starts texting and said she heard bullets land on her roof. I said no you didn’t, but I can accommodate you?
Another one to the east side, not sure where she is from, she literally called the cops at the gun shots because “she worried someone committed suicide”.
Another guy lived near my mom across town, tried giving my teenage daughter a flower in town one day, so I hunted him down and told him that’s weird and we don’t do that, he said “where I come from (cali) that is totally harmless” I said “well it is NOT harmless and you won’t do it again.”
The idiotic city council guy from cali,
The creepy business owner from cali, that buys rental houses.
See the trend? Sorry I rant…
Is the guy from Alaska a retired lawyer named James?

Mike

Man, that's weird. I almost think we're talking about the same guy.

Mike

bumblefucked my way to this thread. Some of you god damn animals are more feral that the things i hunt.

Anyways, All Im looking for is a good town with good people. With an airport that can get me to mostly anywhere is the Union and some international places. Fucked up part of trying to get to work.

All this to say, how are the airports during winter ops?

bumblefucked my way to this thread. Some of you god damn animals are more feral that the things i hunt.

Anyways, All Im looking for is a good town with good people. With an airport that can get me to mostly anywhere is the Union and some international places. Fucked up part of trying to get to work.

Where are you from and why are you leaving?

I don’t know much about airstrips. Commercial or private? There are small airstrips all over. Take McCall for example, small town, busy airport, gets many feet of snow, but they keep it open year round as far as I know.

Last edited:
Reactions: corsairpilot62
Where are you from and why are you leaving? 😂

I don’t know much about airstrips. Commercial or private? There are small airstrips all over. Take McCall for example, small town, busy airport, gets many feet of snow, but they keep it open year round as far as I know.
Calling TN home for now. Nashville has good options for airtravel. Memphis and Knox not much. Living in inner city, miss country childhood. But job demands…etc. lots of domestic and international travel. Trying to find a town with folks not interested in burning down their own homes. And a little more available to get into/out of. Not sure if it is possible. Central US is where i was looking. Or Florida.

Reactions: WILLSMITH030382

What size jet do you own ?

Calling TN home for now. Nashville has good options for airtravel. Memphis and Knox not much. Living in inner city, miss country childhood. But job demands…etc. lots of domestic and international travel. Trying to find a town with folks not interested in burning down their own homes. And a little more available to get into/out of. Not sure if it is possible. Central US is where i was looking. Or Florida.
I'd look at Southern Idaho

1697485404641.png

So north you have coeur d Alene, short drive to Spokane international airport.

North Central you have Lewiston or Moscow/Pullman (Washington) usually a puddle jumper to Seattle or salt lake.

South, you got Boise and surrounding area. Large airport with the most flights in or out of Idaho by far. If you got family with you boise will be easier to integrate into from Nashville. Milder winters than than up north, lots of small towns around boise that are rural as well if you want that, but still can hop on freeway to zip to the airport.

Then there is twin falls (whole town smells like a dairy farm) or Idaho falls areas (I don’t know much about here)

Airport at Pocatello gives you one choice for where to fly to, Salt Lake City. And that is only a couple of times a day. I used to fly out of Pocatello for work and you could plan on at least a half day just for travel on the west coast. Going to the east coast, it would take an entire day.

From Idaho Falls there are more choices but would need to connect to get to the east coast or California.

Surprisingly these airports are not shut down very often due to weather Probably experience more weather delays going through SLC than leaving SE Idaho.

Sarasota.
Home of the newlyweds and nearlydeads.
They do have a pretty good airport that is international.

So north you have coeur d Alene, short drive to Spokane international airport.

North Central you have Lewiston or Moscow/Pullman (Washington) usually a puddle jumper to Seattle or salt lake.

South, you got Boise and surrounding area. Large airport with the most flights in or out of Idaho by far. If you got family with you boise will be easier to integrate into from Nashville. Milder winters than than up north, lots of small towns around boise that are rural as well if you want that, but still can hop on freeway to zip to the airport.

Then there is twin falls (whole town smells like a dairy farm) or Idaho falls areas (I don’t know much about here)

You forgot Mountain Home and Grand View.
Grand View has a great feed lot...

Sarasota.
Home of the newlyweds and nearlydeads.
They do have a pretty good airport that is international.
I lived in Sarasota for about 3 years. It was my favorite city I have lived in Florida. Point of rocks , st armans circle and sarasota bay are all awesome. The cons of living there for me were the hot annual temperatures, not a fan of the heat. And the red tide absolutely stinks when it hits.

Last edited: