• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

If you can't talk Politics and Police, I will stop it all

• Haha
Reactions: AIAW
Shit....I was watchin that dang bewbs and dragons show!

LOL one of the things which bugs me about that show is that they:

1. Got Renaissance level trade and commerce.

2. Metallurgy advanced enough to create suits of articulated full plate cavalry armor.

3. Already know how to produce Wildfire, which is a self-oxidizing incendiary that does not need external oxygen to run on.

So, what is keeping their artisan guilds from putting 2 and 2 together and turning out new equipment that will greatly enhance their warfighting capability? Such as a wagon mounted "Spear Sent From Heaven", or shoulder fired "Thunder Lances". All using Wildfire in solid or gel form as propellant, and shooting a lead or stone bolt up to a mile away. :) An army of dragons and zombies would be absolutely no match for an infantry force with rank upon rank of 'thunder lancers'.

I am thinking that the producers probably do not want to upset the anti-gun organizations that bankroll their work, or they are just resolutely sticking to the old cliche that only swords and dragons define the 'fantasy' genre.

LOL one of the things which bugs me about that show is that they:

1. Got Renaissance level trade and commerce.

2. Metallurgy advanced enough to create suits of articulated full plate cavalry armor.

3. Already know how to produce Wildfire, which is a self-oxidizing incendiary that does not need external oxygen to run on.

So, what is keeping their artisan guilds from putting 2 and 2 together and turning out new equipment that will greatly enhance their warfighting capability? Such as a wagon mounted "Spear Sent From Heaven", or shoulder fired "Thunder Lances". All using Wildfire in solid or gel form as propellant, and shooting a lead or stone bolt up to a mile away. :) An army of dragons and zombies would be absolutely no match for an infantry force with rank upon rank of 'thunder lancers'.

I am thinking that the producers probably do not want to upset the anti-gun organizations that bankroll their work, or they are just resolutely sticking to the old cliche that only swords and dragons define the 'fantasy' genre.
Yeah, well, nothing wrong with boobs and dragons!

• Haha
Reactions: Blue Sky Country
What is the longest all time thread that is not a Sticky?

How far away is this one??

Answer: Motivational Pictures thread. (I am sure we can count version 1.0 of that one right in. Old one was deleted by accident. New emperor on the throne but same dynasty.)

Answer: About 7 years and 54,000 posts away. :LOL:

Reactions: MCSO1357
So where did all of you spend your time back when there were no politics in the Bear Pit? Currently, the new posts link yields about 10 buy-sell-trade posts and another 5 or 6 in the Pit or Maggie's. The left over 4 or 5 are actual shooting content. Been a long time since people were just talking about what they were shooting or building to shoot.

^Me? I was on Arf.com stirring shit up and giving people grief over their dinner / lunch pic posts if they did not have enough spare mags for their rifle, no sidearm or knife, etc. Or clowning them on the alcoholic beverage of their choice.

So......what was in the Bear Pit if there was no politics?
I don't really remember that far back, but i probably started the political shit... i tend to do that...

• Haha
Well, most of us are armed up now,,, you gotta remember back then,,, and this is not long ago,, there was not a lot of off the shelf options or even gun smiths available to build out a solid weapon,,, most of us have built out our basic battery of weapons. We are living in the precision tactical shooting nirvana period right now..

Its all franks fault, he kick started and sustained this whole trend in precision shooting by the common man,,, from equipment to training...to competitions...

There were politics but it was in code... now the pit has drawn many many more attendees so something worked... but it also has drawn in some weak willed people that cant stand diversity of opinion.

So where did all of you spend your time back when there were no politics in the Bear Pit? Currently, the new posts link yields about 10 buy-sell-trade posts and another 5 or 6 in the Pit or Maggie's. The left over 4 or 5 are actual shooting content. Been a long time since people were just talking about what they were shooting or building to shoot.

But this thread is like Jenga.. Someone is going to be the last poster and caught with the bam hammer..

Here is Army Jerry and his mad skills -- unless he drunk posts --
giphy.gif

And the dog posts after AJ goes to sleep under the alias 1J04..... u oughta see some of the stuff he posts...

Every now n then if AJ leaves his SH entry up, n the dog wants more whiskey, he posts under AJ to get him banned, so AJ gives him both attention and whiskey. I mean, after all, hes just a dog doing dog stuff, you cant blame AJ... sneaky dog.

Damn near smart as Tuckers ban cat...

With the recent influx of new members I’m finding the shooting threads both irritating and frustrating. Go look at the x15+ thread!

^^^^This right here.
I'm not hale enough to do a lot of shooting anymore. If I'm not shooting there's no reason to reload ammo. My stock is secure.

When I was giving advice on shooting and reloading, there was always someone that was willing to argue with every fargin word I typed. I don't abide a fool much.
It became a colossal waste of my time.

Let them eat cake.

^^^^This right here.
I'm not hale enough to do a lot of shooting anymore. If I'm not shooting there's no reason to reload ammo. My stock is secure.

When I was giving advice on shooting and reloading, there was always someone that was willing to argue with every fargin word I typed. I don't abide a fool much.
It became a colossal waste of my time.

Let them eat cake.
Let them eat fungi

Reactions: armorpl8chikn