• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

If you could only own 1 gun for the rest of your life, what would it be?

A short action 6.5 mm: 260, 6.5 Creedmoor, or 6.5x47. They all do what I want and can outshoot my skill. Can shoot far enough, light recoil, and are good for hunting.

Honestly? Probably a 12 gauge pump shotgun. Versatility of shotshells or slugs would allow me to hunt most game in North America. It would also be an effective tool for HD if needed.
If I could have 2, I'd add a 12" Grendel AR15.

1 gun for the rest of my life?...Glock 20.
  • 10mm is large enough to take most N.American game.
  • Full sized glock is still able to be carried concealed.
  • capable of neutralizing all 2 and 4 legged threats.
  • 10mm is still reasonable affordable.
  • glock parts are cheap and readily avaliable.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
A 6.5 Creedmoor Zermatt Arms TL3, or if any gun without restriction: M134 Mini Gun 7.62×51mm NATO, because I hate having to pay for toothpicks when the forest is full of trees. LOL

A10 warthog.
I mean, according to this meme, that is an acceptable answer. It is an accessory to the GAU 8. I think though getting a fully functional flying tank is going to be a little hard.
4f6.jpeg

Does my life end in a zombie apocalypse or Red Dawn? Context matters, lol.

Fortunately I don't have to choose. But, if I did it would be my hunting rifle.

Ruger Vaquero .357 Magnum.

81921cb87b63e33f115f2d30a9ea9158--camo-guns-gentleman-jack.jpg

1. Versatile.

2. Can be loaded to an extremely wide range of power levels.

3. Rugged and simple single action mechanism. Field expedient repairs with basic tools. Parts swappable with other 1851 and 1873 pattern guns. (Even more so if you got an Uberti/Pietta .357. Some Ruger parts are slightly different such as coil springs and separate spring-loaded cylinder ratchets, but other SAA components can be modified to fit in the Ruger frame.)

4. Black powder and smokeless powder.

5. Cast bullets from pocket size molds and equipment.

6. Concealable, yet long range capable up to 200 yards.

7. Big game and small game.

8. Reloading equipment can all fit in an eyeglasses case.

9. Can be drilled and tapped for optics if needed.

Conclusion: If limited to ONE gun only, .357 Magnum master race it is.

I haven't read through everything yet, but this guy has the same mindset that I do.

This topic comes up often on archery forums, being my other hopping. Archery, not necessarily forms. What I find is most people that respond come back with a cool Factor, Fanboy stuff. The problem that I see is this, what happens when it breaks? Remember, it's one xxxxx. So likely if it's a quality product, the parts you need 10 15 20 years down the road aren't you going to be available. This is why my response has always been recurve, Longbow Etc. I can make a string, make limbs, if needed.

With regards to guns...

I'm kind of on the fence on this. On one hand I like the 1874 sharps pattern in 45-70 but then I'm out small game. So now I'm leaning towards the 22... my 60s era 40x would be the other one I'd consider...

It would have to be an accurized Ruger 22. Reasoning is that it can hunt, defend, and protect. 22RF ammo is light and plentiful. Do not underestimate what a 22LR can do if needed and the shooter is patient. I love my Vudoo but it is too slow and too heavy for personal protection.

It would be a hard choice between our Suppressed Ruger American in 22lr or the JM Marlin 1894 in .44 magnum.

The Marlin can be loaded with cast bullets and use a wide variety of powders and load levels. Also, shot cartridges could be used for small game at close range. Finally thefull power .44 rounds are stout enough for deer sized big game.

The suppressed 22 rifle, speaks for itself (every quietly I might add)

If you could only own 1 gun for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Mine would be a Remington 700 chambered in 300 win mag. Wood stock. Quality sling. Badger rings and light weight hunting scope capable of dialing up enough to get me to 1k.
The one I have enough said

A 12ga Rem 870 with smoothbore Rem Choke barrel, rifle sights and a good selection of tubes including at least one rifled.
Range is limited but its capable of taking down anything on the planet 2 or 4 legged with the right shells, with possible exception to 4 of Africa's Big 5.

Reactions: PBWalsh
Pistol - G19

Rifle - Kel Tec RDB Defender
I am absolutely digging it. I've only had it a few months but it's making it hard to want to shoot ARs, Was banging a 2/3 silhouette from ~300 freehand today with a HS510c

A Winchester model 70 in 270. Same gun my dads hunted with for the last 30 years and what I took my first deer with so its a bit sentimental to me. 270s have enough umph for pretty much any north american big game and have been used on everything from coyotes to brown bears and moose. You can load it appropriately for small game when needed. Balistics are decent enough for long range accuracy. Are there "better" guns/cartridges? Yeah sure. But it gets the job done, and the job done well.

Embracing semantics for a second ... an AR15 lower, because I can put whatever upper I want on it including bolt actions and 50 BMG and even put magwell conversions in for pistol calibers. Flexible as fuck, one serialized part.

Excluding semantics, I might pick my Vudoo over my AXMC because 22LR is so god damn fun and inexpensive.