• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

If you don't think the Left would mass exterminate Trump supporters...

After the eighth catastrophic train derailment in the greater Pittsburgh area in five years, advocates demand better protections​

"We cannot expect to keep playing this game of Russian Roulette.”​

Kristina Marusic
February 07, 2023

This is the eighth major train derailment in the greater Pittsburgh region in the last five years. Since 2018, derailments have occurred in Steubenville in Jefferson County, OH; in Harmar Township, Clairton, Baldwin and Pittsburgh’s South Side in Allegheny County, PA; in Big Beaver in Beaver County, PA; and in Morris Township in Greene County, PA.

That's from. Environmental Health News

Eight derailments since 2018. Trains have been traveling between Pa and Ohio since at least the 1850s. Wonder how many derailments over 170 years?

Let's blame all the former presidents, governors, secretary's of transportation.

Actually, I thought all the toxic shit was done in China. I thought tanker cars only contained high-fructose corn syrup for Red Bull and Mountain Dew.

No free lunch. Bring back manufacturing and your sandwich is more expensive and might even be toxic.

Not familiar with HUTA. All I couled find is:

huta​

noun

foundry [noun] a place where metal or glass is formed by melting and pouring into moulds

(Translation of huta from the
Typo on the acronym, damn phone keyboard. HTUA, High Threat Urban Area, basically a densly populated area with higher casualty risk with a hazmat derailment.

Reactions: lash and Maggot
Youre post is exactly why I put no trust/faith in any political system, nor any man, including the Donald.
I can understand that.

Where does morality originate from? I haven't spent any time looking into it, but I think it came from the church. The church made a set of rules that essentially formed the basis of morality. Thou shalt not steal, murder, ect. I'm not ignorant enought to think that the churches would be best to dictate the laws of society, and I think commons sense would go a long way towards knowing what should, or shouldn't be allowed. How much of what I feel is wrong or right, is molded by the laws that are in the books, and the morals that are in the churches teachings? If I was raised in a society where murder was perfectly acceptable, and even encouraged, if I moved to a society that views murder as wrong, what is my viewpoint going to be at that time? How do we create a government that governs from a standpoint of morality, and general honesty rather than a over complex system of corruption and power plays to rule over the masses like kings and queens of so long ago?

I don't know who watches the show 1923, but I enjoy the show. The most recent episode had something very interesting that seems to me to ring 100% true, here's the lines:

There's this theory that these scientists came up with after studying tribes in India and Africa, and South America. The smaller tribes didn't have any government. Didn't need any. They could sit down and talk out their problems, decide where to plant crops, to hunt. They was just a big family, really. But when the number of people got up around five hundred, if there wasn't any government, the strongest people would take advantage of the weakest... Every time. Without fail. They would enslave, rapе, steal. Enrich their lives at the expense of other people's lives. Government is man's way of trying to control our behavior. But it can't be controlled, it's what we are. Sooner or later, the kind of people who would enrich themselves at your expense, will use the government to do it. And mark my words, one day they'll create laws to control what we say, how we think. They will outlaw our right to disagree, if we let them.

I created the commission to protect the way this family provides for itself... How it protects the land.

Isn't Whitfield doing the same thing?

The exact same thing. Unfortunately for him, what's good for his way of life is not good for ours.

What about right and wrong?

No such thing. Can't think that way. You can only think about what's good for this ranch. What's good for your family, that's it. Then use their rules to do it. A bear in the White House. Of all the things that happen in the world each day, why is the news telling you that? What aren't they telling you, that's the question. This isn't the news, Jack. This is camouflage.

Even though it's a show, and I know how some of y'alls feel about the Yellowstone stuff, but if that doesn't ring true, I really don't know what does.

Branden

IGCjVjBjMCsk.jpeg

I can understand that.

Where does morality originate from? I haven't spent any time looking into it, but I think it came from the church. The church made a set of rules that essentially formed the basis of morality. Thou shalt not steal, murder, ect. I'm not ignorant enought to think that the churches would be best to dictate the laws of society, and I think commons sense would go a long way towards knowing what should, or shouldn't be allowed. How much of what I feel is wrong or right, is molded by the laws that are in the books, and the morals that are in the churches teachings? If I was raised in a society where murder was perfectly acceptable, and even encouraged, if I moved to a society that views murder as wrong, what is my viewpoint going to be at that time? How do we create a government that governs from a standpoint of morality, and general honesty rather than a over complex system of corruption and power plays to rule over the masses like kings and queens of so long ago?

I don't know who watches the show 1923, but I enjoy the show. The most recent episode had something very interesting that seems to me to ring 100% true, here's the lines:

There's this theory that these scientists came up with after studying tribes in India and Africa, and South America. The smaller tribes didn't have any government. Didn't need any. They could sit down and talk out their problems, decide where to plant crops, to hunt. They was just a big family, really. But when the number of people got up around five hundred, if there wasn't any government, the strongest people would take advantage of the weakest... Every time. Without fail. They would enslave, rapе, steal. Enrich their lives at the expense of other people's lives. Government is man's way of trying to control our behavior. But it can't be controlled, it's what we are. Sooner or later, the kind of people who would enrich themselves at your expense, will use the government to do it. And mark my words, one day they'll create laws to control what we say, how we think. They will outlaw our right to disagree, if we let them.

I created the commission to protect the way this family provides for itself... How it protects the land.

Isn't Whitfield doing the same thing?

The exact same thing. Unfortunately for him, what's good for his way of life is not good for ours.

What about right and wrong?

No such thing. Can't think that way. You can only think about what's good for this ranch. What's good for your family, that's it. Then use their rules to do it. A bear in the White House. Of all the things that happen in the world each day, why is the news telling you that? What aren't they telling you, that's the question. This isn't the news, Jack. This is camouflage.

Even though it's a show, and I know how some of y'alls feel about the Yellowstone stuff, but if that doesn't ring true, I really don't know what does.

Branden
The church didnt give those 'laws' God gave them to Moses, or so the story goes. They set out a reasonable parameter for people to respect one another and get along. Then Christ came along and simplified it to "Treat your neighbor as you wish to be treated." That works, or should if we would do that. Unfortunately the church(s) have pretty much corrupted the simplicity of that.

I've come to determine what you call right and wrong by a different parameter, "Every action has an equal and opposite reaction." (Newton) If an action I perform brings me results that are truly good for me (and all or most concerned) then they are right. If they bring pain and suffering then they are wrong. For that reason, if no other, I work to make my thoughts and actions ones that I would be happy returning to me.

Simple.

Deciding who's right, and who's wrong, is always a matter of perspective. We view the left as wrong, and the right as.....well right. Swap the perspective, and it's the opposite. So in a all out fight, the decider of who's right or wrong, comes down to who wins. We think pedo's are fucked up people, the left thinks they're "Minor attracted persons", and should be accepted into society. If the left were to win the fight, then according to them, they're right. There is no way to conclusively determine the facts of who is, or isn't right, when it comes to political viewpoints. For those, it's only who wins either the fight, the debate, or the vote.

The demographics are shifting, and the left is winning, so for those of us on the right, the country is evolving into a immoral shitstorm of disgusting behavior. For the left, they're turning it into their own little mecca of fantasies and depravity.

Branden
No need to over analize or over think it.

I know whats right and wrong, good vs. evil and always have. I won't deviate from it and be told I'm a bad person because I think a pedophile needs to be removed from society.

Trump allowed the ‘self regulation’ and signed off on the deregulation of rail safety. Then he goes there after the disaster and they flock to him in their silly red hats. Fuck ‘em. If at this stage you still want trump then you’re as bad and dumb as the far left loons.

Corporations don’t give a fuck about safety, and self regulation is the toxic joke that has now become East Palestine. I mean c’mon. It’s like having Casey Anthony over as the baby sitter.

Exciting news is that ManUtd are playing Real Betis next in Europa last 16. Go Devils!!

I guess we know what you watch on TV huh? CNN ???

I’m no consist expert and I’ve been in the cab of a locomotive all of two times, I work on the ground in signal, but I can still take a quick stab at this because I do know how to read the CFR on the subject and add that to what I already know as general operating procedures.

The train was moving at the allowable speed of under 50mph for a hazmat load in a non-HUTA zone, which is 40 if the material is being carried in older cars that don’t meet the new standards. 50 is a pretty general track speed for freight, and nearly all hazmat loads transit on PTC governed territory where even if the crew were knocked out, the train would not exceed that speed and would stop on its own before it crossed into an area it wasn’t supposed to be in.

Placement and separation within a consist is made to lessen the chance of two reactive chemicals from coming into contact with each other in the event of a derailment, ie don’t put a chlorine car right against an ammonia car, but AFAIK it doesn’t change anything with allowable speeds.

Bearings on rail cars burn up, often with little warning, hence why the Class 1s put a lot of money into monitoring them despite it not being federally mandated or regulated. That may change with this, we all know how much the government loves to knee jerk react, especially when the firm that builds the monitoring equipment gets some Congress critters in their pocket. Which brings me to the electric brakes rule which Obama put in place, and Trump withdrew. As always, follow the money.

What would the reaction be if DoT mandated automated braking be installed or retrofitted on all vehicles, on the individual owner’s dime? It would save a lot of lives, for the children and everything. Same shit with the trains, and the first questions we would be demanding answers to would be who was being paid off by who. Instead, it’s just everyone screaming at evil big rail and demanding the government do something. And trust me, while I love my job, I hate corporate, but I definitely hate big daddy government even more.

It was a terrible accident, it could have been prevented and I’m sure all the Class 1s have taken great note and are adapting their procedures as we bitch on the internet about it, but it had nothing to do with deregulation.

ETA: Here’s the CFR for your own reading, especially if you’re having difficulty falling asleep.

Thanks for this, as much as your experience enables you to say, what would or could have reasonably prevented this?

Thanks for this, as much as your experience enables you to say, what would or could have reasonably prevented this?
The NTSB prelim report had the HBD temp data for the three detectors the train passed prior to derailments. The first was a normal temp, the second was significantly rising but not alarm level, the third which did alarm to the train and is why they initiated the stop, was full failure level.

The rapidly elevating bearing temp could have been identified and notified to the train crew by their bearing desk before it went into critical failure. The current problem is it didn't hit present alarm levels to have initiated that, because the systems don't watch elevating temps, only present temps, so they're not seeing what is happening over time, only a snapshot of the present. It's mostly a software fix for monitoring (hundreds of thousands of bearing temps are taken every day by each Class 1), with additional manpower to read, assess and initiate needed action the software kicks out.

As I said before, detectors are not federally mandated or regulated, it's something the RRs do themselves because it's a HUGE money saver to prevent trains going on the ground, and it's always a strong focus from higher ups to us on the ground to keep them operating perfectly. This incident is a wakeup call to all of them, nobody wants to be the cause of a hazmat mess, even the bean counters give a shit about those rare but tragic accidents, and you can bet each one as well as the AAR (the RR's industry group) are looking hard at what happened and what can be done going forward.

One thing I guarantee though is when they field more detectors, they won't add a single additional man to maintain them, it'll just be yet another time eater for us to tend to every month. I definitely know that one first hand.

No need to over analize or over think it.

I know whats right and wrong, good vs. evil and always have. I won't deviate from it and be told I'm a bad person because I think a pedophile needs to be removed from society.
What right and wrong, good vs evil is developed based on your life experience and opinions though. Fact remains, right and wrong are subjective, and relative to the holder of the opinion, and those opinions vary by customs and cultures.

I do find it weird that in theory, depending on who, or what, you believe in, you don't find out whether you were right or wrong, until you die and are judged on your life in the afterlife. Wouldn't it be awkward if you die and find out the Islam was right, and you get punished because you didn't diddle little boys at some point? Or what if there is no god and the atheists were right? No way to report back and give folks a heads up. I tend to operate on the assumption that as long as i'm not victimizing anyone, and I treat everyone with kindness and compassion, that I can live believing that i've lived a good life, worthy of praise if there turns out to be something after I die. That's all assuming that i'm not going to be judged for the murderous thoughts that cross my mind just about everyday some liberal somewhere says something stupid.

Branden

Reactions: lash
What right and wrong, good vs evil is developed based on your life experience and opinions though. Fact remains, right and wrong are subjective, and relative to the holder of the opinion, and those opinions vary by customs and cultures.
Perception and perspective.

What one person thinks is right (or wrong) may not necessarily be the same as what another thinks.
Who is to say which one is correct ?
I know what I believe, but, who am I to force my thoughts upon another ?

I do not envy anyone that tries to be a truly impartial judge of any court, it would honestly be one of the most difficult jobs extant.
Think about it without bias for a few.....it's mind boggling.

Another pet peeve of mine.
Brakes
Breaks
Learn and know the difference.

My car has brakes, I use a muzzle brake.
I watched the window break, that dude just broke his arm.
The train has electric BRAKES or air operated BRAKES.

The NTSB prelim report had the HBD temp data for the three detectors the train passed prior to derailments. The first was a normal temp, the second was significantly rising but not alarm level, the third which did alarm to the train and is why they initiated the stop, was full failure level.

The rapidly elevating bearing temp could have been identified and notified to the train crew by their bearing desk before it went into critical failure. The current problem is it didn't hit present alarm levels to have initiated that, because the systems don't watch elevating temps, only present temps, so they're not seeing what is happening over time, only a snapshot of the present. It's mostly a software fix for monitoring (hundreds of thousands of bearing temps are taken every day by each Class 1), with additional manpower to read, assess and initiate needed action the software kicks out.

As I said before, detectors are not federally mandated or regulated, it's something the RRs do themselves because it's a HUGE money saver to prevent trains going on the ground, and it's always a strong focus from higher ups to us on the ground to keep them operating perfectly. This incident is a wakeup call to all of them, nobody wants to be the cause of a hazmat mess, even the bean counters give a shit about those rare but tragic accidents, and you can bet each one as well as the AAR (the RR's industry group) are looking hard at what happened and what can be done going forward.

One thing I guarantee though is when they field more detectors, they won't add a single additional man to maintain them, it'll just be yet another time eater for us to tend to every month. I definitely know that one first hand.
Fascinating that they are detecting/monitoring bearing temps! Verily cool. These conversations have really changed my understanding of just how high-tech the rail network has become. I sort of knew about broken track detection and some other sensors. But wheel bearings? Very cool! And I guess it makes sense for the reasons you say. Bearing failure will cause derailments. So will snapped axles… and at least one bad one was caused by a tiny forging flaw I remember reading about.

One of the great things about SH… learning new stuff all the time and regardless of the subject, there is probably an expert here somewhere.

Thanks, Redman… your posts are always illuminating and educational!

Sirhr

One of the great things about SH… learning new stuff all the time and regardless of the subject, there is probably an expert here somewhere.

Sirhr
Yep, El Hide is a great place to get info on about nearly any subject. One does need to have a strong BS meter.

I'm the son of a retired 37 years of continuous service employee holding the position of railroad mechanic/shop foreman for the CNW and DM&E railroads. Also, the great nephew of a retired 40 years of continous service doing everything from lineman to car painter to mechanic for the CNW railroad.

And having sat down looking over the entire event in its entirety that I can tell you unequivocally that the movie Unstoppable is total hot garbage. Denzel and Chris Pine should be ashamed they attached their names to this pile.
81lRZXgdEIL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Sirhr

There's definitely always someone that is very knowledgeable on any subject. Then there's the Cliff Clavens
Screenshot_20230225-050324~2.png

Caution, I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express

Deciding who's right, and who's wrong, is always a matter of perspective. We view the left as wrong, and the right as.....well right. Swap the perspective, and it's the opposite. So in a all out fight, the decider of who's right or wrong, comes down to who wins. We think pedo's are fucked up people, the left thinks they're "Minor attracted persons", and should be accepted into society. If the left were to win the fight, then according to them, they're right. There is no way to conclusively determine the facts of who is, or isn't right, when it comes to political viewpoints. For those, it's only who wins either the fight, the debate, or the vote.

The demographics are shifting, and the left is winning, so for those of us on the right, the country is evolving into a immoral shitstorm of disgusting behavior. For the left, they're turning it into their own little mecca of fantasies and depravity.

Branden
There is a very simple way to distinguish good from evil by asking "Will this policy/governance increase or decrease individual freedom and dignity".

I recently learned that the you can find the foundational, philosophical principles of our Constitution as far back as in the book of Exodus.
Anyone or anything that wants to rule over people top-down is evil and will ultimately be defeated. Pharaoh - Inquisition - Hitler - Stalin - Uniparty are just different names and instantiations of the same evil idea. Jordan Peterson goes as far as defining the "Good", the Devine, as the forces that free individuals from oppression. This idea applies to freedom from social oppression all the way down to freeing the individual from the oppression of their own obsessions and "sins".

Not only are most progressive's policies asinine on their own but they ALL share one feature, a shift of power and money from the individual to the government. That is a defining feature, not a bug. Remember the hate against non-masked, non-vaxxed individuals who dared not to bow to the Pharaoh? The marxist BIL of a friend said: "Our government will make you comply".

"Our democracy", "our government", against your individual rights.

Last edited:
Of course they would, or at best case re-education camps. History is a reliable crystal ball, and so far they are following the Stalin roadmap to the letter. Stalin said he needed to accomplish 3 things to take complete control. 1) Ban guns 2) Destroy religion 3) Destroy the existing ties to past culture, sound familiar? The Russian constitution had more freedoms than ours under Stalin, but since there wasn’t a 2nd amendment it was just on paper only, it’s hard to stop the KGB just waiving around a piece of paper.

After guns were gone Stalin killed tens of millions by simply sending a relatively small group of troops to guard the wheat fields and food supplies just watching the people starve, if they tried to resist a pitchfork vs a rifle wasn’t much of a contest.

Our left is currently just using the internet and financial systems to isolate and ostracize. Extermination? Hell yes, but I like my chances with internet warriors, metrosexuals, and activist vs ex military, contractors and construction workers, and bikers all well armed.

There is a very simple way to distinguish good from evil by asking "Will this policy/governance increase or decrease individual freedom and dignity".

I recently learned that the you can find the foundational, philosophical principles of our Constitution as far back as in the book of Exodus.
Anyone or anything that wants to rule over people top-down is evil and will ultimately be defeated. Pharaoh - Inquisition - Hitler - Stalin - Uniparty are just different names and instantiations of the same evil idea. Jordan Peterson goes as far as defining the "Good", the Devine, as the forces that free individuals from oppression. This idea applies to freedom from social oppression all the way down to freeing the individual from the oppression of their own obsessions and "sins".

Not only are most progressive's policies asinine on their own but they ALL share one feature, a shift of power and money from the individual to the government. That is a defining feature, not a bug. Remember the hate against non-masked, non-vaxxed individuals who dared not to bow to the Pharaoh? The marxist BIL of a friend said: "Our government will make you comply".

"Our democracy", "our government", against your individual rights.
I wanted to like with an “angry” face… but that is just aimed at the oppressors. Your post is: Spot. The. Fuck. On.

Sirhr

Of course they would, or at best case re-education camps. History is a reliable crystal ball, and so far they are following the Stalin roadmap to the letter. Stalin said he needed to accomplish 3 things to take complete control. 1) Ban guns 2) Destroy religion 3) Destroy the existing ties to past culture, sound familiar? The Russian constitution had more freedoms than ours under Stalin, but since there wasn’t a 2nd amendment it was just on paper only, it’s hard to stop the KGB just waiving around a piece of paper.

After guns were gone Stalin killed tens of millions by simply sending a relatively small group of troops to guard the wheat fields and food supplies just watching the people starve, if they tried to resist a pitchfork vs a rifle wasn’t much of a contest.

Our left is currently just using the internet and financial systems to isolate and ostracize. Extermination? Hell yes, but I like my chances with internet warriors, metrosexuals, and activist vs ex military, contractors and construction workers, and bikers all well armed.
the clotshot pushers already advocated for death and suffering for purebloods, and look at the demographics for those groups.

Reactions: gigamortis
Bauer and Buttplug are both homo’s. Both severely fucked up.

Reactions: BCP
D
Trump allowed the ‘self regulation’ and signed off on the deregulation of rail safety. Then he goes there after the disaster and they flock to him in their silly red hats. Fuck ‘em. If at this stage you still want trump then you’re as bad and dumb as the far left loons.

Corporations don’t give a fuck about safety, and self regulation is the toxic joke that has now become East Palestine. I mean c’mon. It’s like having Casey Anthony over as the baby sitter.

Exciting news is that ManUtd are playing Real Betis next in Europa last 16. Go Devils!!
Didn't notice brandon there tho, and it took little petey 3 weeks to show up at 7am for the photo op, without meeting a single resident. You're letting your TDS get the best of you, but liberals are masters at deflection and blaming others for their incompetence. So tiresome.

Reactions: Woodlanddude
Joy Behar on The View said the toxic train derailment town had it coming because they voted for Trump.

It's right under the surface. And they call Trump Hitler.

Instead of putting us on trains to take us to chemical showers they will wreck the trains to shower us with chemicals where we live.

Behar is triple vaxxed and genocidal as well as fat.

If the tribunals and cholesterol don’t get her, the clots will.

Bus trip to piss on her grave, too!

Sirhr
You will have to get in line.

I do find it weird that in theory, depending on who, or what, you believe in, you don't find out whether you were right or wrong, until you die and are judged on your life in the afterlife. Wouldn't it be awkward if you die and find out the Islam was right, and you get punished because you didn't diddle little boys at some point? Or what if there is no god and the atheists were right? No way to report back and give folks a heads up. I tend to operate on the assumption that as long as i'm not victimizing anyone, and I treat everyone with kindness and compassion, that I can live believing that i've lived a good life, worthy of praise if there turns out to be something after I die. That's all assuming that i'm not going to be judged for the murderous thoughts that cross my mind just about everyday some liberal somewhere says something stupid.

Branden
Like I said, morality doesn't need long explanations and be taught like an advanced course in Quantum Physics.

153903292_3581169788660892_2072540502111791306_n.jpg