• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

If you only had one large frame AR platform, at the $1k point....

For the low price budget, maybe start thinking used. Keep eyes open at your local LGS's, might find a decent deal on something of better value/quality & low round count. Many cant afford to shoot a ton of the larger calibers therefore it becomes a safe queen. When $$ gets tight or funds are needed for something important, safe queens tend to get hocked 1st for quick cash.

That's how I came across my Armalite AR10 T 308 with a Trijicon Accupoint TR23-2G 5-20x50mm scope & 3 mags at a damn good price.
That’s true. Had a buddy who wanted a specific AR10 set up forever. Finally got around to getting it. Got it set up. Spent maybe 2 days at the range getting it dialed in. Had a medical crisis come up and it sat in the safe for the next two years. Next thing I hear from him is he sold it for about half of what he put into it.

Keep your eyes pealed for someone to do just that. Probably your best bet at getting a decent rifle for a reasonable price.

Last edited:
That’s true. Had a buddy who wanted a specific AR10 set up forever. Finally got around to getting it. Got it set up. Spent maybe 2 days at the range getting it dialed in. Had a medical crisis come up and it sat in the safe for the next two years. Next thing I hear from him is he sold it for about half of what he put into it.

Keep your eyes pealed for someone do just that. Probably your best bet at getting a decent rifle for a reasonable price.

My guy only put 30 rounds through the gun then it sat in the safe. He needed cash quickly for a down payment on some hunting land & offed quite a few very nice higher end rifles. Only wish I had more $$ laying around at the time😢

Reactions: RUTGERS95
Yeah I was bummed when my buddy didn’t tell me he was about to let it go, and I would have paid him more for it. Said he couldn’t sell it to me because he didn’t want to see me shooting it, knowing he let a good gun go.

Reactions: LonewolfMcQuade
My conclusion is you left multiple parts out of the build. Did you include shipping on all those multiple small orders... 🤪

Aren't Pa-10’s are normally sub 1k?
And, roger... In my case, I have boxes of stuff and didn't need any of from the stores. Besides, I just gave myself an excuse to get the high quality stuff I actually wanted. My rifle with optic, stock, ambi-controls, sling, etc... was around $2.5k. I've also had an SR25 on order for about 18 months. So, for me Aero was the right bang-for-the-buck answer. KAC was the gucci rifle I always wanted, but still don't have. I did investigate the M&P, Daniel's, PSA, Sig, Springfield Saint, DPMS G2 Recon, and more, I'm sure. I whittled the list down based on reliability, quality, & proprietary parts until I got to the Aero. I could have paid plenty more. Then, the more I read, the more I liked. I bought one, and then I bought 4 more: an M5E1 variant, an 11.5" AR15, and a couple for family & friends. Obviously, I thought it was a good decision.

To make this post more helpful to the OP: don't buy a complete rifle if you'd like to avoid the 11% federal excise tax. That saves $110 at your preferred price point. Buy quality components, preferably from the same company with as few proprietary parts as possible to ensure support across the industry for as long as possible.

Last edited:
I have a pile of 556s in numerous configuration. Need (want) a 308 Ar10.
Reliability is #1. Don't need superfly anything. 20in or so. Versitile enough for paper and hunting. Running a 18x or so.

Looking at a PSA kit.
Any other turn key setups to consider at $1k?

Sell a couple of the shitboxes and get something respectable.

• Love
Reactions: Jsp556
I have a pile of 556s in numerous configuration. Need (want) a 308 Ar10.
Reliability is #1. Don't need superfly anything. 20in or so. Versitile enough for paper and hunting. Running a 18x or so.

Looking at a PSA kit.
Any other turn key setups to consider at $1k?
I've had excellent performance from my DPMS AP-4 Carbine. All it does is run. Accurately too. A lot of people like to trash talk DPMS, and that's their prerogative. Most have never owned one, and are regurgitating what they read on forums.

Mine feeds any type of ammo, from the cheapest 7.62 X 51 MM Ball, to the exotic "Superformance" hunting stuff, along with every handload I've ever put in it. Direct Impingement AR .308's are A LOT less ammo sensitive then their Garand action, M1-A counterparts. I would never sell mine. That will be my wife's job after I take a dirt nap.

If you do get a .308 AR stick with the DPMS platform, and not the Armalite platform. They're a lot easier to find magazines and parts for.

yiOkq5t.jpg

My conclusion is you left multiple parts out of the build. Did you include shipping on all those multiple small orders... 🤪

Aren't Pa-10’s are normally sub 1k?
shipping is free on those. Aero at 1k, you won't find better till you get over 1500 and I'm including the sig there as the accuracy reports and less than standard *given the aero follows the most standardized of the gasser platform* make it a no go. That is all in for 1k on a ready to go large frame AR that is giving you moa.

I've had excellent performance from my DPMS AP-4 Carbine. All it does is run. Accurately too. A lot of people like to trash talk DPMS, and that's their prerogative. Most have never owned one, and are regurgitating what they read on forums.

Mine feeds any type of ammo, from the cheapest 7.62 X 51 MM Ball, to the exotic "Superformance" hunting stuff, along with every handload I've ever put in it. Direct Impingement AR .308's are A LOT less ammo sensitive then their Garand action, M1-A counterparts. I would never sell mine. That will be my wife's job after I take a dirt nap.

If you do get a .308 AR stick with the DPMS platform, and not the Armalite platform. They're a lot easier to find magazines and parts for.

yiOkq5t.jpg
those older dpms barrels shot very well

Sell a couple of the shitboxes and get something respectable.
this I can agree with in that sell some 5.56 rigs and go get an LMT however, he's not looking for that so under his criteria, his only option for a reliable and accurate large frame AR is the Aero.

they pop up on the PX here often enough so I'd hold out

To make this bickering crap more helpful to the OP: don't buy a complete rifle if you'd like to avoid the 11% federal excise tax. That saves $110 at your preferred price point. Buy quality components, preferably from the same company with as few proprietary parts as possible to ensure support across the industry for as long as possible.
agree

I put this together for under 1k, scope, bipod, and vfg not included, buying sales and deals

Attachments

• 20220127_122648.jpg
    20220127_122648.jpg
    346.5 KB · Views: 56
thanks, shoots very well too but if I said the barrel make, the snobs would roll their nose because you know it's got to be north of 400 to even be considered good ha

I've got LMTs, sold my KAC, had most of the large frame gassers and many builds and I will tell you there are two barrels that stand/stood above them all; my lmt 20" ss in 308 and a cheap bull ss barrel I got for 59 delivered from bca when I was trying to see just how cheap I could put a 308 together. I shit you not, the bca was more accurate than any barrel I've had in 308 and put the rifle together for less than 500 and got over 4k on it without a single hiccup before I sold it. A unicorn for sure but cheap doesn't mean shit and expensive doesn't mean good

that said, I'd take my lmts over everything all day, everyday, and twice on Sunday!

Reactions: Steve_In_29
thanks, shoots very well too but if I said the barrel make, the snobs would roll their nose because you know it's got to be north of 400 to even be considered good ha

I've got LMTs, sold my KAC, had most of the large frame gassers and many builds and I will tell you there are two barrels that stand/stood above them all; my lmt 20" ss in 308 and a cheap bull ss barrel I got for 59 delivered from bca when I was trying to see just how cheap I could put a 308 together. I shit you not, the bca was more accurate than any barrel I've had in 308 and put the rifle together for less than 500 and got over 4k on it without a single hiccup before I sold it. A unicorn for sure but cheap doesn't mean shit and expensive doesn't mean good

that said, I'd take my lmts over everything all day, everyday, and twice on Sunday!
That's promising. I hope I like KAC's 20" SS precision rifle barrel as much as you liked those. That said, if they really continue to sell on GB for $14k, which I've seen 'em listed for, then I can't imagine holding onto it. I don't know what my "number" is, but I know flipping a rifle for $10k profit is not something I'd turn down.

My Aeros really are good shooting rifles, and I can live without a KAC.

at 1k, aero all day everyday. wouldn't even consider anything else much less psa
Aero makes good budget gear. I say build your own. Start with an Aero M5 builder's kit, pick the best barrel that fits your budget, then add your preferred furniture & trigger. If you're willing to wait for the big sales (Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Black Friday, etc), you can find quality parts well below MSRP.

What are the other decent quality, sub $1500 complete rifles, backed by lifetime warranty, from major manufacturers?

The Sig 716i Tread is looking better and better, and can be found for under $1400 on occasion. One member in another thread reported finding one NIB for under $1300 out the door.

One member recently reported accuracy issues initially but then discovered it wasn't the rifle.

Any internet reports about 716i accuracy issues should be analyzed in the context of the average rate for ALL AR10/AR 308 rifles showing such claims- because it's understood that technique matters with these rifles.

What are the other decent quality, sub $1500 complete rifles, backed by lifetime warranty, from major manufacturers?

The Sig 716i Tread is looking better and better, and can be found for under $1400 on occasion. One member in another thread reported finding one NIB for under $1300 out the door.

One member recently reported accuracy issues initially but then discovered it wasn't the rifle.

Any internet reports about 716i accuracy issues should be analyzed in the context of the average rate for ALL AR10/AR 308 rifles showing such claims- because it's understood that technique matters with these rifles.
Personally think thats a better more realistic price point to work off. Plus if a couple hundred bucks here there is that much of a bother just wait to start buying ammo....

You can build one on the cheap, but that also requires more knowledge on what works, what doesn’t and time involved. Not everyone has this. Or can trouble shoot if something is not right. If you do more power to you, do your thing.

But even as example in this thread, when you actually add up all the itemized parts they are coming in a little north of the 1k point. Saying something and proving it are 2 different things.

Some people just want to buy a complete rifle, if theres a problem let the manufacture fix it under warranty. But that too brings a whole host of issues, sometimes dealing with manufactures and shipping companies can be a headache.

One of the issues I see with the sig is nile in the way of aftermarket support. Kind of surprised with the 150,000 being built for India, and being on the market here, nobody else has picked up building parts for them. Curious how that will pan out overtime. Generally when a military picks up a contract like that its gona be around for a while.

not the Armalite platform. They're a lot easier to find magazines and parts for.

I don't think Armalite is manufacturing any of the old B models that took the M14 based mag any longer. The newer A series all use KAC (DPMS) mags and some look like they'd ship with PMAGs. But again, it looks like IF you could find one it would be around $2k.

That's promising. I hope I like KAC's 20" SS precision rifle barrel as much as you liked those. That said, if they really continue to sell on GB for $14k, which I've seen 'em listed for, then I can't imagine holding onto it. I don't know what my "number" is, but I know flipping a rifle for $10k profit is not something I'd turn down.

My Aeros really are good shooting rifles, and I can live without a KAC.
north of 11k I sell, diminishing returns and all that. KAC are great, accurate and do all you expect from a premium rifle. Fantastic

Agree that Aeros are really nice shooting guns. I think they punch above the waisteline and the 5 I've owned, I've yet to find any faults. Aeros are good for the price, no question about it and there are so many of them out there with plenty of happy people with thousands of rounds downrange. It's the cheapest I go unless I specifically want to build a 'beat it like a redheaded stepchild' rig. I'm not seeing anything even close to the accuracy or reliability for anything even close in the price range until you start looking at premium rifles. Again, I've had or have most of the big gassers as I love them and won't give them up, I do love me some 308.

That said, I do swap out the bolt catch (never had one break and aero has theirs made from solid piece of steel) with the V7 S7 tool steel as it's stronger and 308 gas guns do break bolt catches. For me it's just piece of mind but again, never had one break.

Shot over 400rds today bringing my total on the aero build to about 3700rds. The only hiccups were in the first mag as it was seating properly. Threw the mag out and not a single issue since. Ammo used is surplus DAG, PMC, FGMM 168gr, Privi, reloads and wolf steel. She eats it all. Heading out tomorrow with my LMT and Colt 308s and will bring 2 5.56 that I need to zero with new scopes. Have the week off so I plan to shoot quite a bit. Wednesday I'll do a commie day and bring the AR in x39.

lol, awesome! Seems like I remembered that being one of the few prop M5 pieces. So, found a quick thread on ARFCOM suggesting this is it on the M5:

Pivot Pin
Take Down Pin
Extended Mag Release
Bolt Catch

All in all, not too bad. I'm so paranoid I even bought a spare SR25 BCG, which was $$$. However, the spare Aero was way more affordable, and I'm LESS concerned about having multiple, because I can buy one from other manufacturers. But, I will probably follow your lead on getting a better bolt catch, just in case. They did such a fine job on fit 'n finish, and I love the adjustment screw under the handguard that lets one 'snug' the lower to the upper, taking up any slack between the two. I've had some wobbly, ill-fitted rifles in my service days, and I know it's not a huge deal, but when it's a tight fit, it just makes one feel good. The Aeros all feel tighter than my KAC SR30. Might be a dumb thing to write about, but it really does give one a nice impression of quality when handling them without any rattle.

lol, awesome! Seems like I remembered that being one of the few prop M5 pieces. So, found a quick thread on ARFCOM suggesting this is it on the M5:

Pivot Pin
Take Down Pin
Extended Mag Release
Bolt Catch

All in all, not too bad. I'm so paranoid I even bought a spare SR25 BCG, which was $$$. However, the spare Aero was way more affordable, and I'm LESS concerned about having multiple, because I can buy one from other manufacturers. But, I will probably follow your lead on getting a better bolt catch, just in case. They did such a fine job on fit 'n finish, and I love the adjustment screw under the handguard that lets one 'snug' the lower to the upper, taking up any slack between the two. I've had some wobbly, ill-fitted rifles in my service days, and I know it's not a huge deal, but when it's a tight fit, it just makes one feel good. The Aeros all feel tighter than my KAC SR30. Might be a dumb thing to write about, but it really does give one a nice impression of quality when handling them without any rattle.

....here's some info I posted couple years back comparing the Aero bolt catch to the "DPMS" offerings that were carried by Brownell's at the time, you might find it useful if you plan to build....this was back in 2015 so take it with a caveat that things may have changed since..

Attachments

• Brown.jpg
    Brown.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 46
  • Compare-A.jpg
    Compare-A.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 44
  • Compare-B.png
    Compare-B.png
    560.1 KB · Views: 46
  • Compare-C.png
    Compare-C.png
    703.6 KB · Views: 46
  • Compare-D.png
    Compare-D.png
    513.3 KB · Views: 441
I don't think Armalite is manufacturing any of the old B models that took the M14 based mag any longer. The newer A series all use KAC (DPMS) mags and some look like they'd ship with PMAGs. But again, it looks like IF you could find one it would be around $2k.
You are correct. The .308 Armalite rifles were like the Betamax of it's day. Taken over by the DPMS platform, (VHS).

....here's some info I posted couple years back comparing the Aero bolt catch to the "DPMS" offerings that were carried by Brownell's at the time, you might find it useful if you plan to build....this was back in 2015 so take it with a caveat that things may have changed since..
yup, it's all in the little details! I've not had an aero one break and they are made from solid block of steel however, I still swap to the v7

nice post thx

You are correct. The .308 Armalite rifles were like the Betamax of it's day. Taken over by the DPMS platform, (VHS).

Armalite didn't want to be Sony in your analogy, the '94 AWB forced them to use what mags were available. Then it sunsets and DPMS decides to start building .308 rifles after Stoner has been working with KAC improving the AR10A. Damned if you do, damned if you don't for Armalite.

Armalite didn't want to be Sony in your analogy, the '94 AWB forced them to use what mags were available. Then it sunsets and DPMS decides to start building .308 rifles after Stoner has been working with KAC improving the AR10A. Damned if you do, damned if you don't for Armalite.
It’s kind of a shame. The converted m14 mags were ok but when they started making their own gen2 mags after the awb they were really nice. Very generous internal oal for hand loads like kac and larue

yiOkq5t.jpg
DPMS no longer exists as a company. They were bought by Freedom Group, then shut down in 2020.

While your particular AP4 runs and shoots well, they were always hit and miss.

My 24” LR-308 had an extractor failure out of the gate. Also wouldn’t feed reliably, had to be finish-reamed again.

For sub-$1k rifles, that was to be expected.

Within the LR-308 and AP4 product lines, there were 3 different receiver heights.

They had a great design with the DPMS GII once the product development team and engineers were able to do a ground-up, clean-sheet design with that. One of their senior people kicked off the discussion this way, “How about we make something that actually works."

They had so many returns and guns that just didn’t run, that the design needed major work with full pyramid testing funded by the Remington/Freedom Group consortium.

They did excellent RDT&E work on the GII, then handed it over to DPMS/Remington production management and they monkey-humped it to trash. Ejection port doors wouldn’t open upon manually cycling the action, terrible pineapple quad rail handguards on several of the SKUs, CLGS 16” barrels on at least 2 of the SKUs, and an initial splash with marketing, followed by dropping the ball on it.

There have been whispering of a DPMS revival, but I haven’t seen it. They had a big half-off sale in 2019-2020 and then it was gone. Doors closed, bye bye. Shocked everyone.

A lot of companies used to rely on DPMS for parts, that didn’t want anyone knowing they were getting parts from DPMS.

In my experience owning and working on multiple samples from both companies, the ArmaLite Inc. rifles were just built better in every way. Barrels, receivers, LPKs, BCGs especially, the mid-length RET, proper buffering, and just everything about the ArmaLite Inc. rifles exceeded the quality and performance of the DPMS budget guns across the board.

I have no loyalty to either company, no relationships with either, just shelled out my own money for multiple samples from both. I have owned 6 different .308 and .260 Rem ARs. 1 was ArmaLite, 2 were DPMS factory rifles (.308 LR-308 and LR-260), 2 were GAP-built, and the latest is a Savage MSR-10 small frame receiver platform.

ArmaLite Inc. (rebranded Eagle Arms) was sold to new ownership, but before that, they introduced what they call the AR-10A that runs on SR-25 pattern mags. It’s harder now to find AR-10Bs that run on the M14 body mags, which were actually more reliable than the DPMS stuff.

The M14-bodied mags took a lot of flak, but they were actually great mags in the AR-10 platform. I’ve seen them run in various conditions in volume, with no malfs across several different rifles in the sub-arctic.

But the days of where you could land on a reliable DPMS AP4 for under $1k are a thing of the past and have been for a while.

That's very helpful. Thank you!

You can get an AR308 for 1k. BUT you will really need to be careful for quality. I have been through this 10 years ago. For years I have had to fix the short comings I bought into. A few others have stated you may need to increase your budget. I wholeheartedly concur. Please consider this and save a bit more. 1350-1500 will do the trick and avoid most headaches. You may still need to get an Adjustable Gasblock if you intent to run a can. I did. (Superlative makes a good one.) This is moot unless you need the gun now. Best of luck. Keep em small.

I never could find the blemish on mine must have been cosmetic. Paint is going on soon.
Be aware that Aero uppers are DPMS pattern high profile. If you want a different handguard, be prepared to look around. I went through this.

DPMS no longer exists as a company.

There have been whispering of a DPMS revival, but I haven’t seen it.

If you are familiar with CDNN they were selling off all kinds of DPMS parts maybe two years ago. Upper and lower receivers, kits, you name it. Seems like they must have bought the last of the stock.

Apparently JJ Capital, owner of PSA, bought DPMS out of the Remington bankruptcy. https://www.pewpewtactical.com/bankrupt-remington-sold-off/

While this exists: https://www.dpmsinc.com/ who knows if it will really come back?

Here's another link describing some more, like Bushmaster coming back under Franklin Armory. https://www.guns.com/news/2021/08/05/bushmaster-dpms-panther-arms-black-rifle-brands-revived

It would be nice to see if they actually tried to produce the Cobb MCR that they purchased way back when.

There’s so many out there now you can find them pretty easy
Yea, but they all look the same. Try finding one with no pic rail. Smooth top. Like one you might use on a target ar308. Been looking for some time now. They are 300 +. Ridiculous! Don't need carbon fiber. Where are the aluminum smooth top pic hansguards for ar308?

If you are familiar with CDNN they were selling off all kinds of DPMS parts maybe two years ago. Upper and lower receivers, kits, you name it. Seems like they must have bought the last of the stock.

Apparently JJ Capital, owner of PSA, bought DPMS out of the Remington bankruptcy. https://www.pewpewtactical.com/bankrupt-remington-sold-off/

While this exists: https://www.dpmsinc.com/ who knows if it will really come back?

Here's another link describing some more, like Bushmaster coming back under Franklin Armory. https://www.guns.com/news/2021/08/05/bushmaster-dpms-panther-arms-black-rifle-brands-revived

It would be nice to see if they actually tried to produce the Cobb MCR that they purchased way back when.
DPMS/Panther is already producing AR-15 rifles and parts. Atlantic Firearms appears to be their prime distributor. GII is slated to go into production at some future date. There is a guy currently making GII titanium parts.

Yea, but they all look the same. Try finding one with no pic rail. Smooth top. Like one you might use on a target ar308. Been looking for some time now. They are 300 +. Ridiculous! Don't need carbon fiber. Where are the aluminum smooth top pic hansguards for ar308?
Try just rail.com. And Aero has their Atlas S rails which don’t have pic rails all the way down. But I do get your point and kind of agree.

Reactions: C-130 Dude
DPMS no longer exists as a company. They were bought by Freedom Group, then shut down in 2020.

While your particular AP4 runs and shoots well, they were always hit and miss.

My 24” LR-308 had an extractor failure out of the gate. Also wouldn’t feed reliably, had to be finish-reamed again.

For sub-$1k rifles, that was to be expected.

Within the LR-308 and AP4 product lines, there were 3 different receiver heights.

They had a great design with the DPMS GII once the product development team and engineers were able to do a ground-up, clean-sheet design with that. One of their senior people kicked off the discussion this way, “How about we make something that actually works."

They had so many returns and guns that just didn’t run, that the design needed major work with full pyramid testing funded by the Remington/Freedom Group consortium.

They did excellent RDT&E work on the GII, then handed it over to DPMS/Remington production management and they monkey-humped it to trash. Ejection port doors wouldn’t open upon manually cycling the action, terrible pineapple quad rail handguards on several of the SKUs, CLGS 16” barrels on at least 2 of the SKUs, and an initial splash with marketing, followed by dropping the ball on it.

There have been whispering of a DPMS revival, but I haven’t seen it. They had a big half-off sale in 2019-2020 and then it was gone. Doors closed, bye bye. Shocked everyone.

A lot of companies used to rely on DPMS for parts, that didn’t want anyone knowing they were getting parts from DPMS.

In my experience owning and working on multiple samples from both companies, the ArmaLite Inc. rifles were just built better in every way. Barrels, receivers, LPKs, BCGs especially, the mid-length RET, proper buffering, and just everything about the ArmaLite Inc. rifles exceeded the quality and performance of the DPMS budget guns across the board.

I have no loyalty to either company, no relationships with either, just shelled out my own money for multiple samples from both. I have owned 6 different .308 and .260 Rem ARs. 1 was ArmaLite, 2 were DPMS factory rifles (.308 LR-308 and LR-260), 2 were GAP-built, and the latest is a Savage MSR-10 small frame receiver platform.

ArmaLite Inc. (rebranded Eagle Arms) was sold to new ownership, but before that, they introduced what they call the AR-10A that runs on SR-25 pattern mags. It’s harder now to find AR-10Bs that run on the M14 body mags, which were actually more reliable than the DPMS stuff.

The M14-bodied mags took a lot of flak, but they were actually great mags in the AR-10 platform. I’ve seen them run in various conditions in volume, with no malfs across several different rifles in the sub-arctic.

But the days of where you could land on a reliable DPMS AP4 for under $1k are a thing of the past and have been for a while.
There is something to be said for the Armalite firing pin, with spring to prevent slam firing. Never used one, but , looks real nice.

Reactions: LRRPF52
Try just rail.com. And Aero has their Atlas S rails which don’t have pic rails all the way down. But I do get your point and kind of agree.
I need low profile. Aero handguards are high profile. The high is the older style and low is newer. If 2 or 3 years ago is considered new.....

I need low profile. Aero handguards are high profile. The high is the older style and low is newer. If 2 or 3 years ago is considered new.....
Just rails.com has both. After searching for a few weeks for a 11 inch rail I’ve seen so many high and low profile out there.

Just rails.com has both. After searching for a few weeks for a 11 inch rail I’ve seen so many high and low profile out there.
My kingdom for a: 13.5 inch, dpms low profile, handguard. No top rail. Smooth top-front to back. Mlock on 6 sided handguard. Will consider 15 inch if last resort. Carbon fiber need not apply. Has anybody ever seen this? Where? Been looking for 2 years now.

My kingdom for a: 13.5 inch, dpms low profile, handguard. No top rail. Smooth top-front to back. Mlock on 6 sided handguard. Will consider 15 inch if last resort. Carbon fiber need not apply. Has anybody ever seen this? Where? Been looking for 2 years now.
I will look tomorrow I do remember seeing 13.5 low but the rail didn’t matter to me so I didn’t pay attention but will look tomorrow

The industry needs to agree on a common AR10/ 308 standard to make life easier.

If you really want a big frame ar i would do the 10% off aero deal. They do deals all the time. I just got an aero m5 deal on presidents day. Bought a complete upper and lower. Then went to Schuyler arms and bought my charging handle bcg mag and adjustable block for $1250 total. Bought scope and rings for another $820. Mark 4 with leupold ims. Plan on shooting suppressed. My buddy did almost the same but with a pulsar and for a night vision scope in the day at 200 with some hornady ammo the groups were enough for me to buy one. Maybe 3/4-1” groups at 200 yards off a bench with good ammo. Still waiting for all my parts to come in to shoot. He didnt clean it or anything just shot the shit out of it. If you have money i would go pws lmt etc but budget entry level the aero has my nod

There is something to be said for the Armalite firing pin, with spring to prevent slam firing. Never used one, but , looks real nice.

It also has the smaller firing pin diameter so no need to buy a high pressure bolt if you want to do a 6.5.