• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I'm done with MidwayUSA

It's not the person shipping who should be to blame.

Having worked there, you are expected to package extremely fast, and after scanning items it tells you what type of box or shipping envelope you'll use.

It doesn't matter if you're shipping something worth $3000 or $30, you have a quota to meet and if you don't you can wind up fired or let go real quick. I could go on much further, but I'll refrain.

If you are still after a Spuhr mount, Mile High Shooting was real helpful when I contacted them. Great folks to talk to and helpful. They are as their name indicates out of Colorado.

It's not the person shipping who should be to blame.

Having worked there, you are expected to package extremely fast, and after scanning items it tells you what type of box or shipping envelope you'll use.

It doesn't matter if you're shipping something worth $3000 or $30, you have a quota to meet and if you don't you can wind up fired or let go real quick. I could go on much further, but I'll refrain.

THIS IS AWESOME information

If you are still after a Spuhr mount, Mile High Shooting was real helpful when I contacted them. Great folks to talk to and helpful. They are as their name indicates out of Colorado.

That's where I got mine from. They're the main dealer. Only reason I went to MWUSA is because they listed the ultra high in stock. Accd to MHS, the ultralights are not even stateside from Spuhr yet, it's a new product. Thus, midway listing it in stock was a total error. I'll get the ultra high from MHS maybe later, but since I have about 1/64" space between my objective and my upper rail, I may stick with the High.

Fortunately, their website is too much of a pain in the ass for me to order much from them. The few items that I have ordered have showed up alright, though.

Yeah they might mess up but I have always had them make things right. I made a rather large purchase a few months ago and they send me a set of used broken dies...and yes I got charged temporarily for the set they sent me as a replacement but it is only a small inconvenience. I still feel they are good to go.

I once ordered a bunch of stuff from Midway, and they had all but one item in stock. In the instructions I stated I wanted them to wait until all of the items were in stock and only ship it then. Midway did not listen, they shipped the items they had in stock, and charged me the agreed shipping amount. A week later I get my last item in the mail, check my credit card and there is a charge of $12 bucks for the shipping. I got charged shipping on both of the packages that were shipped out. The item that was not in stock was a small roll pin, about a $1.50 item. When I ordered from Brownells, they would ship items that were in stock, and later ship the items that were not in stock and they didn't charge shipping on the items they didn't have in stock. I now get all my stuff from Brownells.

Stop buying from Midway a long time ago. There shipping costs are just too much.

No, please go on...Inquiring minds want to know....

Lets just say they don't care much at all about the warehouse workers, because they pay decent for what the job is, and they are easily replaceable. I was a week away from my tuition reimbursement, after making their mandatory overtime work during school, when I was told I'd either be able to work a full day during the week or forfeit my tuition reimbursement. Wasn't possible with classes, so lost $1500 just before I expected to receive it.

Was hired with the word that I'd be there long enough for the yearly bonus, which was $600 that year. After being hired they changed the cutoff date, and I was no longer eligible.

To top off the $2100 I had expected and been told I would receive, they told me I could come back as soon as I was done with the school year, even signed papers to make it an official leave of absence. A few weeks later, when the time came and I called in to set up my schedule, I was told they had removed me from the list of active employees and I was SOL.

I could go further? I sure can. They could care less about lower employees, but treat salary ones very well.

I only use one credit card when I order from Midway and they take very good care of their customers. When Midway fucks up I do a chargeback and get a full refund on my purchase and they take the money from Midway no questions asked. Every time Midway has sent me a return label because my credit card company wont budge and I tell Midway to eat a dick. It's the Venture card from Capital One.

I only use one credit card when I order from Midway and they take very good care of their customers. When Midway fucks up I do a chargeback and get a full refund on my purchase and they take the money from Midway no questions asked. Every time Midway has sent me a return label because my credit card company wont budge and I tell Midway to eat a dick. It's the Venture card from Capital One.

Sure makes you wonder, is midway friend or foe?

I can't fault Midway for the way a lot of the carriers handle the packages, although some are packed rather poorly. What annoys me is that 12 years ago, I didn't even have to look anywhere else. I knew that Midway had the best price, and they used to send me a discount code on my birthday that actually saved money. A few years ago they marked all of their prices up and now I can find better prices at a half dozen other places, and the shipping charges aren't usually as bad. I can't help but wonder who talked them out of word of mouth advertising and into the high dollar TV version they do now. It would appear that their customers are paying the difference in the cost though.

This is what I emailed them:

My sub-total was $23.49, after shipping and the under $25 fee, my total was $41.92. Egregious is the only way to describe your shipping policy. Does $18.43 seem fair to ship two diminutive pieces that will fit in a $5 Small Flat Rate Priority USPS box? I purchased what I needed from Grafs & Sons and paid a flat $6.95. Perhaps it is time to reevaluate your shipping protocol to avert you from loosing sales to your competition.

I can't fault Midway for the way a lot of the carriers handle the packages, although some are packed rather poorly. What annoys me is that 12 years ago, I didn't even have to look anywhere else. I knew that Midway had the best price, and they used to send me a discount code on my birthday that actually saved money. A few years ago they marked all of their prices up and now I can find better prices at a half dozen other places, and the shipping charges aren't usually as bad. I can't help but wonder who talked them out of word of mouth advertising and into the high dollar TV version they do now. It would appear that their customers are paying the difference in the cost though.
I allowed my birthday code to pass on by this year. Brownells and others still offered lower prices. Maybe there's too much MAP going on or something, but it seems there's far fewer items the code works for now than a few years back.

I stopped doing business with Midway about 6 months ago. I now go thru Brownells and have been more than satisfied.

My brownells order came wednesday. I got another thumlers kit, 1000 nosler 77gr CC's, some dies, and a couple other small misc items. Everything arrived in 3 boxes neatly packed and could have easily fit in the extra space in the box with the tumbler. The tumbler was in a larger box with the extra space packed full of packaging materials. The 1000 box of bullets was in another box by itself with all the extra room packaged tight and everything else including the stainless media was in another box packaged tight. It reminded me of how stuff used to be packed from midway several years ago. So three boxes shipped and packed with care and shipping was free with the code (think it was $15.99 or something without).

I used the $30 credit midway sent me and the black friday code to order some shit the other day. I'll report as to how it comes. I'm not holding my breathe which is why I'm waiting to send the fucked up dies back as I'm sure I'll have to send other stuff back too.

Brownells is allowing backorders on many of the reloading components Im wanting so Ive just been backordering the hard to find stuff through them and forget about it. Its not worth searching to the ends of the internet constantly for this stuff when I don't need it right away. I did notice midway recently allowed you to backorder 178s and 208 amaxs recently so hopefully that's a sign that things are easing up a bit.

It was not just Triad that got screwed on that one. When Midway raided my site, they also picked up the exact design of rear bags from TAB Gear and Red Tac Gear.

"I'm Larry Potterfield with Midway USA, thanks for the great product ideas to rip off and have made in China".

I have never ordered anything from Midway, I've always used Brownell's or bought locally. I've been considering ordering from them but, after learning about this, they will never receive an order from me. I am a staunch supporter of American made products as well as a strong supporter of small businesses. I also pride myself on my integrity and refuse to deal with people/companies that don't exhibit similar virtues.

I just received my most recent order from midway. I'm happy to report everything made it in one piece for the most part. The only casualty was a cheap bore brush for cleaning case mouths got bent up a bit. Packaging was better but not stellar and not close to what I received from brownells. They used cushion packs this time to fill the space but everything was just sort of dumped in the box and the cushions thrown on top.

On another note I ordered a couple 20rd ammo sleeves for 300SAUM. One of the boxes they listed (Frankfort arsenal) for 300RUM popped up in the results and on the information page said it would work. Well that's a joke because the box has ridges inside and doesn't even begin to close enough to not have the short rounds beating back and forth.

Placed an order on Monday for some 30mm scope rings from Midway, standard shipping blah blah, expected delivery date was 12/9 (next Monday).

Got it first thing yesterday morning with exactly what I ordered in the envelope.

One bad apple doesn't spoil the bunch...

Placed an order on Monday for some 30mm scope rings from Midway, standard shipping blah blah, expected delivery date was 12/9 (next Monday).

Got it first thing yesterday morning with exactly what I ordered in the envelope.

One bad apple doesn't spoil the bunch...

Yeah, but this is a thread with a hundred bad apples and one good one.

They used to be on my stellar list, I can't deny that. I ranked 'em with TNVC, which I think is likely the best company I've ever dealt with on anything period --they are the exact opposite of Midway. Midway is at the bottom now, and it's from experience and years of orders with 'em, not just one fuck up and reading others complaints. Every now and again they do get it right, I mean, even a blind squirrel gets a nut now and again! But that's not good enough.

They used to be the best, I liked 'em MUCH better than Brownells in fact. That's NOT the case now. Midway has turned into Walmart --a big faceless company that steals ideas and sells copies instead, and obviously treats their employees like shit. They've done the bait and switch game to me, they sent me a fucking AIRSOFT part for goddamn AR and labeled it as milspec --and then went to the mat to argue otherwise! I've got many Midway fuckup stories, but when they fucked up three times in a row and made it a full time job for me to get it right, I decided to drop 'em. I won't even watch the shooting shows they sponsor. I hate Larry Potterfield. He's a fucking greedbag con man.

Considering how bad they are and how consistently they fuck up, I may go ahead and order some shit with the intention of taking it to a lawyer to see if I can't greedbag 'em back a little. Bait and switch was illegal last time I checked. And they done that to me more than a few times.

PS, there are three levels of CS at Midway apparently. If you call, ask for a supervisor immediately. Then when that person answers, ask for their supervisor or for them to call you back. The third person is the only one that can get anything done. But it's better to go elsewhere IMO.

Like I've said before, Midway is like Cabela's, no matter how mad you get at them, sooner or later they'll throw you a bone and you bite.
There's no doubt Larry has his pathetic little weiny in your butt, it's just not far enough in to hurt!
I vowed never again, but spent over 1300.00 there last month??????

Make it two - I've never had any issues with MidwayUSA, and the one time I received an item that wasn't totally as depicted (an unfinished Boyd Tacticool stock didn't come with sling studs despite being pictured with them) they refunded my credit card enough for me to buy studs locally.

The only complaint I could have is people who endlessly complain about Midway, as if Larry MFin Potterfield somehow lords over their lives and forces them with the power of The Ring to buy from him.

Good thing this is 'Merika and we have the choice of where to spend our hard-earned money, eh?

They used to be on my stellar list, I can't deny that. I ranked 'em with TNVC, which I think is likely the best company I've ever dealt with on anything period --they are the exact opposite of Midway. Midway is at the bottom now, and it's from experience and years of orders with 'em, not just one fuck up and reading others complaints. Every now and again they do get it right, I mean, even a blind squirrel gets a nut now and again! But that's not good enough.

They used to be the best, I liked 'em MUCH better than Brownells in fact. That's NOT the case now. Midway has turned into Walmart --a big faceless company that steals ideas and sells copies instead, and obviously treats their employees like shit. They've done the bait and switch game to me, they sent me a fucking AIRSOFT part for goddamn AR and labeled it as milspec --and then went to the mat to argue otherwise! I've got many Midway fuckup stories, but when they fucked up three times in a row and made it a full time job for me to get it right, I decided to drop 'em. I won't even watch the shooting shows they sponsor. I hate Larry Potterfield. He's a fucking greedbag con man.

Considering how bad they are and how consistently they fuck up, I may go ahead and order some shit with the intention of taking it to a lawyer to see if I can't greedbag 'em back a little. Bait and switch was illegal last time I checked. And they done that to me more than a few times.

PS, there are three levels of CS at Midway apparently. If you call, ask for a supervisor immediately. Then when that person answers, ask for their supervisor or for them to call you back. The third person is the only one that can get anything done. But it's better to go elsewhere IMO.

So you saw Milspec and jumped on it? Sounds like what people do over at Arfcom... They legally cannot send you something you did not order, you must have known it was a cheap brand. You dont order a Bushnell or Nightforce and get a UTG or a Barska...

I have never ordered anything from Midway, I've always used Brownell's or bought locally. I've been considering ordering from them but, after learning about this, they will never receive an order from me. I am a staunch supporter of American made products as well as a strong supporter of small businesses. I also pride myself on my integrity and refuse to deal with people/companies that don't exhibit similar virtues.

Guess you will never buy a high quality optic like a Nightforce considering the glass and components are manufactured in Japan and assembled in America.

News flash for most people, hardly anything is REALLY American made...

Ive written several emails and sent a letter to Brownells to please try and carry a lot of the same things Midway does so I can start using them more so well see if I get an answer. I tallied all the money I have spent with Midway and told them I spend a lot more but unfortunately its at several different retailers. My desire would be to spend it all with them if they carried everything I wanted.

Ya, my packages from them always look like they have been handled by ACE VENTURA !!!! .They should know they will be handled roughly and package accordingly. But then again maybe that's why they use boxes that are way oversized. Maybe there thought process says - " extra space - equals - air cushioning ". LOL.

So you saw Milspec and jumped on it? Sounds like what people do over at Arfcom... They legally cannot send you something you did not order, you must have known it was a cheap brand. You dont order a Bushnell or Nightforce and get a UTG or a Barska...

Your reading comprehension skills could use a little polishinge, i.e. read more, post less.

Your reading comprehension skills could use a little polishinge, i.e. read more, post less.

What did I read incorrectly? They got a "airsoft" part when they ordered something labeled as "milspec" You obviously don't shop online very much if you don't realize everything labeled "milspec" isn't so. Sorry, but he already lost this discussion kid.

And before you criticize someone's reading comprehension, maybe you should work on your spelling abilities.... "polishinge"

Simple fact of the matter is, with a company like Midway USA, getting thousands upon thousands of orders a day, trying to meet customer demand, screw ups will happen, people get in a hurry.

So on here we compile a list of a couple people who have had bad service. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and say you probably dont mean to order something for your cheap AR15 labeled milspec, and actually wanted something of quality...

Now, lets compile the list of people who had good service and see who outweighs who...

Not to mention DIN that you obviously like to take advantage of Midway codes and do business with them also...
http://www.snipershide.com/shooting/s4-sniper%92s-hide%AE-equipment/189834-midway-promo-code.html#

Last edited:
What did I read incorrectly? They got a "airsoft" part when they ordered something labeled as "milspec" You obviously don't shop online very much if you don't realize everything labeled "milspec" isn't so. Sorry, but he already lost this discussion kid.

And before you criticize someone's reading comprehension, maybe you should work on your spelling abilities.... "polishinge"

Simple fact of the matter is, with a company like Midway USA, getting thousands upon thousands of orders a day, trying to meet customer demand, screw ups will happen, people get in a hurry.

So on here we compile a list of a couple people who have had bad service. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and say you probably dont mean to order something for your cheap AR15 labeled milspec, and actually wanted something of quality...

Now, lets compile the list of people who had good service and see who outweighs who...

Not to mention DIN that you obviously like to take advantage of Midway codes and do business with them also...
http://www.snipershide.com/shooting/s4-sniper%92s-hide%AE-equipment/189834-midway-promo-code.html#

Wow, you certainly win, Mr. Internet Tough-guy! For your prize you get to eat a bag of dicks!

the midway hate falls in the same toilet bowl with leupold hate, its always gonna be around, arguing and discussing it here is tiresome and old. In both cases the hundreds of thousands of satisfied customers would disagree, so who gives a fuck, dont like em dont use em, why cry like little bitches on the internet about it

They've always treated me well and fixed anything they messed up, which hasn't been much. I have no problems with them.

However, I'm in the process of ordering 4 boxes of 100 Hornady bullets, and I notice shipping is $15.77 for UPS Ground, and I"m in Houston. Seems a little high for something that could go in a USPS Priority box for less. I came here looking for a shipping code and stumbled upon this thread. So I went to Brownells to compare.

Midway:
- Hornady AMAX 155gr - 1 box 100 ct - $27.99 x 2 = $55.98
- Hornady AMAX 208gr - 1 box 100 ct - $32.99 x 2 = $65.98
- Shipping UPS Ground - $15.77 (estimated delivery 12/16)
- Promo Code - ($10.00)
Total: $127.73

Brownells:
- Hornady AMAX 155gr - 1 box 100 ct - $28.99 x 2 = $57.98
- Hornady AMAX 208gr - 1 box 100 ct - $33.99 x 2 = $67.98 (NOT IN STOCK)
- Shipping UPS Ground - $15.95 (delivered 12/16) - "USPS Priority over 5 lbs $27.95" That's bullshit...medium flat rate box is $11
- Promo Code - None found at this time for orders under $150
Total: $141.91

Midway is the clear winner here.

What pissed me off about that order from Midway is when choosing my home address in Houston for delivery I did not have the option for USPS Priority Flat Rate Med box (I ended up getting 100 Lapua brass .338 LM). However, when I changed the shipping address to my gunsmith in La Grange TX, a small town, I suddenly did have the USPS Priority Flat Rate Med box option. The thing that really pissed me off though was I was charged $17.65 for said FLAT RATE, yet I could go onto USPS.com and get a quote from Midway to LaGrange FLAT RATE for $11. Same box...why not same price?

Because cryin' like a little beotch on the interweb is the only thing I have ever been good at.

If you have a bad experience you want others to hear about it, especially if it continues to happen. I support these guys voicing their frustration in a setting like this. VJJPunisher, If you and I did't care to hear it we wouldn't have made it to page 3 on this thread.

That said, I just got an order from Midway a week ago. I ordered it on Thursday night, it arrived to my house via standard shipping on Monday and not only was it perfect I also found a $25 off code because it was for over $500. I couldn't have been happier, with every aspect of the transaction. Even the packaging was above average…..Hell who know, it was probably because of guys like redneckbmxer24 giving them feedback and raising hell them made them put 5/lbs of packing popcorn in my box….. ;)

If you have a bad experience you want others to hear about it, especially if it continues to happen. I support these guys voicing their frustration in a setting like this. VJJPunisher, If you and I did't care to hear it we wouldn't have made it to page 3 on this thread.

Agreed. Nothing wrong with sharing your experience with a company. Good or bad.

Ike

Those that will give up liberty for security deserve neither and will lose both.

We do custom Cerakote!

www.facebook.com/bigtexoutdoors

YouTube: http://m.youtube.com/channel/UC3kyD-gj0rhki1SUederSxg/videos?view=1

Fact is 6xcKY, they advertised this stock as their "own" part, "AR Stoner" which I knew was a contract as they don't manufacture shit. But it was an A2 stock advertised as milspec and I've known other AR Stoner parts to come from reputable makers before. I expected a stock similar to what I got issued in Ft. Benning. Not polystyrene with all plastic parts. Even the damn sling stud was plastic! They then proceeded to argue with me about it and sent the same shit back, twice, insisting it was correct. They've lied to me too, most notably saying they went "personally" to the warehouse and checked it. Which is apparently impossible, and that person was supposed to be fired for telling me that? That's the action that's supposed to make me feel better about them/the situation? Whatever.

And Arfcom. You seem to know much more about what's going on over there than I do so I'll leave it at that. From what I understand, it's not hard to be an expert around there. But thanks for demeaning my knowledge carte blanche without any meeting or elaboration regarding the incidents nonetheless.

Buy American... Why not when you can? And from small, reputable makers and dealers at that! If the product contains parts made or is made overseas altogether, at least buy from a reputable US company with good CS that won't send (x) packed like a child did it and give you shit over it being wrong or broken later. And yeah, if I can find it down the street at any of the places that know me by name and will order shit explicitly for me or save it when it comes in, then I do so. You would too if you knew what was good for you. I've never had Rainier Arms, The Marksman or any local place in which I have a rapport give me shit, and I've never had a small operation give me shit either except in rare instances (AAC). But I've heard my fair share of corporations give the company "go away, we accept no responsibility" line. Always saying sir, always in that nice tone, but never able to rectify shit. I get PR, not CS.

Look. I had a lot of good experiences with Midway too. Then, in a nutshell, a couple years ago shit went South and they never recovered. I don't know if it was a change, if they stopped caring, if they outgrew their operation, got too greedy, or if it's just that they treat all customers that way who spend more than $10 per day with them. But fact is, they did go to shit and I wasn't able to get ONE order right out of three in a row, on top of other more random fuckups. Once they became predictable at it, I did what logical persons do:

I changed course of action. It's been said that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and expecting different results. Well, that's my sole reasoning for dropping them. I'd be fucking insane to put myself through that again, knowing what will likely happen, when I can order elsewhere.

I went through the "I'll bite the bullet, Midway has it and I'll give it a try hoping against odds they'll pull it off" phase, but it was always the same. So no, I don't go there at all, ever, period. I need powder. Bad. But I don't even check them. I don't care. Not worth the hassle if they get it wrong. They've made it painfully clear that my business isn't important to them, while others have strove to do the opposite.

Thousands spent...multiple problems back to back...full time hassle on the phone...ran through the wringer...months back and forth, still couldn't get it right...no trust on their behalf AT ALL...pinning blame on customer...

And after all that, even when ASKED, no gift card, no discount, no free shipping, no nothing! No consolation! Nothing to make up for it, to show customer appreciation, to say sorry, nothing, so yeah, I got the point. My business isn't needed there.

So there, take it for what it's worth. That's my experience. It's like a dope book: if you order one or two orders, not enough data. They likely got it right and you were happy. Order enough and long enough to compile data and spot trends and that's a different story. That's all I'm saying. Good luck with whoever you go through and have a good holiday!

Look. I had a lot of good experiences with Midway too. Then, in a nutshell, a couple years ago shit went South and they never recovered.
I went through the "I'll bite the bullet, Midway has it and I'll give it a try hoping against odds they'll pull it off" phase, but it was always the same. So no, I don't go there at all, ever, period. I need powder. Bad. But I don't even check them. I don't care. Not worth the hassle if they get it wrong. They've made it painfully clear that my business isn't important to them, while others have strove to do the opposite.....

And after all that, even when ASKED, no gift card, no discount, no free shipping, no nothing! No consolation! Nothing to make up for it, to show customer appreciation, to say sorry, nothing, so yeah, I got the point.
I have spent thousands there this year and last year. Just started getting all crazy about shooting at the beginning of last year. For me, everything was great until about the middle of this year, and now that I think about it more, the last couple of orders are the ones I've had a "problem" with. The main one was having the incorrect AICS 1.5 sent. It took a few phone calls to fix it, and a little frustration on my end, but they did end up fixing it. I didn't ask for a discount card, but I was certainly expecting it. I did not get anything of the sort.

Having spent thousands there over the last 2 years and filling out quite a few of those surveys that pop up after you check out, I've expected to get some kind of coupon code sent to me here and there....but nothing. And that's really starting to rub me the wrong way. Not that I think I deserve something for nothing, but I have taken the time to fill out several of those surveys that tell you, "fill this out for a chance to get a $25 gift certificate..." or whatever. You don't expect to get one every time, but at least ONE would be nice.

Add in the shipping issue I had last night, and I guess I'm getting a more leery of them. I still don't have an official problem with them, but my patience has worn a bit thin. All that having been said, I'm betting this order will come through correctly and will probably arrive earlier than they estimated. So put me in the middle of the good/bad experience road, leaning more towards the good side than the bad still. I think any reasonable person can expect to have the experiences I've had when dealing with such a large operation, and I believe they've all been reasonably handled. I rate them as Satisfactory.

I really wish brownells had a more intuitive site. Navigating it is annoying the search does not work nearly as well as midway.

Never had an issue with them until this last order. Needed some scope rings, and they had Vortex 34mm lows in stock. With the Black Friday $20off coupon it looked like a deal. Ordered 12/2, and it shipped out next day. Showed delivered on Sat on the USPS website. Problem is: never received them. Likely a screw-up by the mail guy, stuffing the envelope into the wrong mailbox. Waited another couple days, nothing. Called "customer service" this morning, and here it comes: they won't even look at the case for another week, as 10 business days haven't passed yet from when the shipment went out. Got the same response from their customer service email folks. Clearly not "putting the customer first". Lesson leaned. For me, the teachable moment is not "just pay for UPS", but "find a vendor that cares".

Midwayusa has got to be one of the worst vendors out there. I order lots from them, one out of every 3 shipments comes jacked up, very poor packing and CS is horrid. I am talking to the point where you call them, tell them the item broke during shipping and they go “so what, ship it back and wait 4 weeks and maybe we will replace it”. I have cut down on ordering from them big time due to terrible CS.

My order from Monday the 10th did not arrive today as it was supposed it. I even paid for the upgraded USPS Priority Shipping. WTF? Not sure if Midway or USPS is to blame yet though, but there ain't much bad weather between Texas and Mizzou to hold it up.