• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I'm done with MidwayUSA

I have never had a problem the many orders I have made over the years. I have found myself ordering less and less from them the last three years or so because of their high shipping. I go to PVC, Grafs and Wideners first and use them as a last resort. I don't think I have ordered anything from them this year....

Whoever packed it did an adequate job although I hear ya on the pillows and the oversized boxes. In fact, on a different item, a cleaning rod; (not kidding) the box was over four foot long by sixteen inches wide by four inches thick, I thought it was an ironing board, at first! BB

They sent me one of those boxes with my cleaning rod, too. Apparently they use all the little air pillows to pack the cleaning rods and then don't have enough left for the orders that actually need them. I've sent back a ton of stuff, some of which looked like it had already been used or may have been exchanged. I almost always find what I need somewhere else, but every once-in-a-while they have a small part I can't find elsewhere and I have to light a candle and cross my fingers.

Same story here: used to order a lot of stuff from Midway. When they started charging shipping (used to have free shipping with a $40 or more purchase), I slowed down a bit. When I got double charged for shipping because an item was out of stock, after I ordered it (it showed in stock), I stopped.

I order everything now from Grafs, Natchez, Midsouth and Brownells/Sinclair now.

Brownells (rightly so) does not charge a second shipping fee for items that are back ordered. Brownells' used to be more expensive, but with the exception of their tools, they are about the norm these days (especially for those with a gunsmith discount).

I've had very good luck with Midway, Sinclair, Brownells, Cabelas and Natchez. The only problem, as many has said, is MIdway's shipping prices. I was going to order one of their small range bags because it had a very good sale price but the shipping was going to be as much as the bag. It felt like they were raising the price of the shipping to compensate for the sale price of the bag.
As for never using them again, I always shop around for the best deal, including the shipping cost. Guess it's the feminine side of me. ;)

I've been using Brownells more because they have let me back order things during the crises and Midway wouldn't let me do that. Midway would send me a notice when it came in but by the time I logged on and selected the product it would be gone.

I've had good luck with my shipments from them but their shipping prices have slowed down my ordering a lot. I only order from them when I have a large order and I hVe a discount code. What really pissed me off is if you order powder and primers you have to pay TWO hazmat fees as the powder and primer according to them is housed at two separate places. Fuck that, why am I going to pay for your shitty logistics much less add 50 bucks to my order. Grafs gets all my powder and primer orders. The only saving grace for midway is their intuitive website, although now days I use it to find part numbers then use them on other sites til I find what I want.

I didn't know about the triad bag deal. That is pretty shitty.

I don't have any gripes about prior packaging but I'll be damned if I pay the ridiculous shipping fees they are trying to float now

I haven't read through the entire thread but did read the first post. I am right there with the OP. I have ordered stuff from them twice this year. Brand new accessories or so I thought. When they got here both pieces were obviously used as they were scratched up and the loctite needed to complete some of the kit was opened and some of the threads had loctite on them. Not that this is that big of a deal but I paid brand new price for what was supposed to be brand new parts that obviously weren't. Does it make any difference to the function if anything? No but that is besides the point. It's the principle. I can't take my one year old car back to the dealership and sell it to them for what I paid for it so why should I pay full price for used parts?

I had similar experiences multiple times. The only think I can think of is that they're trying to ship the boxes as light as they can, so they make money off the shipping.

I used to order from Midway at least once a month, but that has slowed down quite a bit. As for the people not liking the shipping prices, I've compared exact orders between Midway and Brownells. While Brownells has cheaper shipping, the overall order was cheaper at Midway. I try to do that comparison between orders when I'm spending big money and I've found that I spend more money at Midway than Brownells.

"This is Larry Potterfield, saying be safe, and fuck you and your order too."

Been screwed by them so many times they are a last resort only. Lots of "mislabeling" going on in the warehouse it seems, because every order had something go back. Airsoft parts passed off as milspec (an A2 stock, three times, wasted 2 months --this pissed me off) and a Vickers sling, which Vickers ended up actually unfucking because Midway just couldn't pull it off that time either (two or three time there too). Vickers sent me a $75 sling (thanks!). Midway charged that much, then sent me the least expensive Vickers sling, then played the back and forth game. They've sent TWO sets of Forster micrometer dies and about 60lbs of stuff including about 50lbs of bullets just flying around in the same box with a couple of those air pillows. So I know exactly what the OP is dealing with.

It's bullshit they can't get anything right, and then when you call them and you've spent a lot of money with them over time, they play this "we gotta get it back and inspect it first" bullshit game. And they play it over and over because they can't fix the root problem ever, so you suffer.

Never ONCE been offered a discount, free shipping, percent off next order, NOTHING for the bullshit they've put me through, even when asked, even when I spent quite a deal with them that year and this had been a repeat issue of bait and switch, warehouse problems, whatever you wanna call it. That gave me and idea of who I was dealing with then.

It's a shame, they used to be a lot better I recall.

not to bring the OP off topic, but I said this on a different sight before (regarding shipping fees). It appears that some companies are using shipping as a revenue stream. I ordered an 18.00 t-shirt from a place we all know very well. There was nothing in the order screen regarding shipping charges, and there was no language that spoke to shipping (order was placed through email). To be honest, I assumed it would be 3-5.00 to ship the shirt, but when I received the receipt and the shipping was $11.00, I about shit myself.

The damn t shirt was almost as costly as the product, itself. The most infuriating aspect of this, is that we all know about flat rate shipping (which is about 6.00 for the cheapest, IIRC), but also, businesses usually catch a break from courier services due to the high volume of business brought to the courier service. When I called, an older lady answered, she was a bright ray of sunshine, by the way. She told me it was so expensive because they are "rural." Right. Same place has the ability to ship a 5000.00 rifle for 50.00... In the very least, they could've indicated the absolutely inane cost to ship the shirt prior to the completion of the transaction. If they would've said, "thank you for your order, sir. Now, your shipping is going to be 11.00..." There would have been no sale.

An 11.00 shipping charge for something in the 100.00+ range, I could understand. An 18.00 t shirt that weighs 10oz, I can't see it.

I think I'm going to need more rope to climb down off this soap box megalith...

Can't say I've had an issue with Midway. There were a couple of times the shipping was out of line for an item and I went somewhere else. When I wasn't happy with the NV on my Kestrel they took it back without question and credited my account promptly. I just received an order that included two dies which one was a micrometer seating die last Wednesday. Packaging wasn't oversized, packed well and it didn't appear UPS played soccer with my box. I'm cheap and I want to buy quality at the best price. I keep finding Midway has what I want most often. If there were a local shop that has what I'm looking for I'll always pay a premium and support the local business. Sort out the cheap Chinese crap and buy from Midway again...yup. But that's my .02 worth. To the OP, sorry you have had issues with them. It's your right to rant and write Midway off. Based on your experience I might do the same. God I love a country where we have choices.

RT

Wow!! I never had one bad dealing with Midway, and use them a lot for dies. Shipping cost was the last thing I'd bitch about, as they have 15 options to pick from. Paying a flatrate of 9.95 for a few springs, like other venders charge, is stupid! Midway can mail them for $2. The min order surcharge is dumb, but shipping lightweight things is usually pretty reasonable. I blame the shipping companies myself, no reason to pack stuff to prevent damage from a bomb blast! Midway can only pack stuff "well enough", they can't prevent every shipping company's abusive practices....

I got a package the other day from Midway. Believe it it not, it was 10 boxes of 100rns of CCI 22lr. It was shipped in a box with a little piece if bubble wrap. 4 of the boxes were shattered and the package rattled like a half full box of MMs from the movie theatre when the UPS lady handed to me. I just shook my head and walked inside with the box as I know there's no way in hell I'm gonna get a chance at 1000rnd of 22lr anytime soon. I just received 100rnds of 300AAC Friday and it was packed the same damn way. Luckily no damage this time. You figure these carriers would use a little more sense and care handling these ORD-M marked packages.

I gave up going to Midway when they ripped off Triad Tactical's wedge rear bag, and cut and pasted the exact verbiage from Triad's site to sell their Chinese knock-off. All to save a couple bucks instead of buying from a small business using Made in USA products. There are plenty of other places to go for commodity items besides Midway.

It was not just Triad that got screwed on that one. When Midway raided my site, they also picked up the exact design of rear bags from TAB Gear and Red Tac Gear.

"I'm Larry Potterfield with Midway USA, thanks for the great product ideas to rip off and have made in China".

I guess I may be biased when I say I have sworn off of Midway as well.

I am and have been vocal about the Triad rear bag episode and swore them off after that. Shame as they do have some attractive stuff but yes, their shipping costs are apparently paying for the entire shipping and warehousing costs.

I won't ever buy from them because even though I've unsubscribed from their spam email "blasts" three times they keep sending them. I finally had my ISP blacklist them. And I never even bought anything from them, they got my card at SHOT show last year and put me in their spam system.

It was not just Triad that got screwed on that one. When Midway raided my site, they also picked up the exact design of rear bags from TAB Gear and Red Tac Gear.

"I'm Larry Potterfield with Midway USA, thanks for the great product ideas to rip off and have made in China".

I guess I may be biased when I say I have sworn off of Midway as well.

How can they get away with this? Is it not a patented product? I have a couple family members that work at the patent office. Let me know if they can be of some assistance.

Nobody has emailed me back from midway, I guess they really don't give a shit if they disappoint a customer or if they get put on blast for their bullshit. Fuck you Larry.

Man sucks you had issues.
Knock on wood I've had nothing but good luck w/Midway myself.
Yeah it seems their s&h has gone up a bit but nothing like Natchez IMO/experiences anyway.

I had my own Midway complaint thread on an AK forum.
$30 shipping on a soft rifle case, going to adjacent state.
I could ship an entire rifle, insured, for less than that.

As for the "Dealer" prices, please. I haven't seen a discounted item in a very long time. The only thing dealer/FFL prices get you is not being able to use coupons or discounts. We actually end up paying more.

Ordered a case of m193 from brownells a year ago. Of course it was $300 so I wonder why it hasn't shipped yet. They will never ship it. I'm still pissed about it. I call and they tell me still not in stock..... Bullshit

Nobody has emailed me back from midway, I guess they really don't give a shit if they disappoint a customer or if they get put on blast for their bullshit. Fuck you Larry.

Welcome to my world... I feel your pain! :( If you think no response is bad, just wait until they finally do respond... and start by explaining all the reasons it's really your fault :mad:!

Last edited:
My Fuck You Midway moment came a few months ago when they shipped my case of primers to the wrong address. After a automated response with "thanks for your business" at the end I made a call to them and was told to go to the house they were shipped to and see if they would give them to me. ?? Not a single Fuck was given about my order being Jack up by them.

Fuck You Larry

They sent me the wrong rings and then charged me $25 to next day the new ones (plus my cost to return the old ones)...

I'm glad so many of you are "done with Midway". That should make it easier for me to get whatever I'm looking for. Now to get people to "be done with" Powder Valley, Graf & Sons, 3rd Generation Shooter Supplies, etc!

I'm glad so many of you are "done with Midway". That should make it easier for me to get whatever I'm looking for. Now to get people to "be done with" Powder Valley, Graf & Sons, 3rd Generation Shooter Supplies, etc!

If I did that I would no longer be able to talk about how much money I saved buying from those other suppliers compared to buying from midway while using there codes... Thats my only gripe, midway used to have the best prices now they are almost always 10-20% more.... Well, that and the free shipping they did away with back in the 90's...

Last edited:
I had a bad experience with Midway on my first purchase of a Badger M5. They charged me $100 over what Badger's lists price was. I didn't realize this until two days after the purchase. When I called, they said I could get $50.00 credited because my birthday was coming up. I am done with Midway now.

My Fuck You Midway moment came a few months ago when they shipped my case of primers to the wrong address. After a automated response with "thanks for your business" at the end I made a call to them and was told to go to the house they were shipped to and see if they would give them to me. ?? Not a single Fuck was given about my order being Jack up by them.

Fuck You Larry

The recurring theme here is: If the transaction goes well (as in they don't eff-up) all is well, other than the fact that you WILL over pay for shipping. If, however, they do screw-up in some manner or form its "Too bad... we've got your money..." I've yet to find one of their CS Reps at any level that demonstrated any care for the customer what-so-ever. Remorse for their mistakes...? PLEASE!

Okay so here is my positive customer service story.

A few years back I ordered ten 100 round plastic cartridge boxes. When they arrive three were significantly damaged in transit. I called and told them and they immediately shipped me three more. A year or two later I ordered the same but this time 50 round boxes and again 2 were damaged in transit. CS again sent me replacements. So in my experience their CS has been fine.

But again... their prices are higher than their competition even with the codes on the stuff I buy... So I spend elsewhere until a deal too good to pass up comes along.

+1, my thoughts exactly

Dealer Information

Neither like nor dislike Midway - have done a shit load of business as a dealer and never had any major problems. Sometimes they are the only show in town on some items.

However, this new policy smacks me the wrong way, I just don't buy their justification. This will push me further over to Graf&Sons ALWAYS cheaper price on like items, realistic shipping price and no .22s flopping loose in a 1'X1'X1' box.

Messing up dealer pricing was a nail in the coffin for me too.

I'll add a positive history with Midway. I probably place a couple orders per month and have done so for the last 20 years. Not one problem. Ever.

I guess today was my day. After posting my earlier comment about having no problems, I received an order today with 3 Leupold Alumina scope caps. All three had been opened and poorly taped shut. Seems a little sketchy to resell those at full price.

I ordered some Lapua .260 Rem bullets from Midway and when I got them they were all bouncing around in side the cardboard box... thought to myself whats the point of paying the extra money for Lapua bullets for them to get shipped/packaged like that.

I once ordered a Boyd Tacticool unfinished stock and it didn't come with swivel studs as depicted.

I called MidwayUSA and they owned it, apologized, nad refunded $10 to my credit card so I could buy swivels wherever convenient for me.

I once ordered some Leupold ringmounts for a Sako and they looked fine, the package didn't appear to be opened. But it had two front ringmounts in it (the dovetail width differs for the front and back). I called to get it straightened out and the custy service dude thought I didn't know what I was talking about, I had to argue with him for the privilege of paying to send the rings back. I sent them back and now is the good part, I wait another ten days or whatever and a new pack of ring mounts come back and it is the same problem, two front ringmounts. I'm pretty sure they just repacked what I returned and sent it right back. I bitched them out and they finally sent a correct pair.

Just got 2000 bullets from brownells. In boxes loose and with some of the air filled bags for packing. All were popped and se horrific packing you get from midway

Ok all, to update this thread I decided to call midway back since I haven't yet sent the damaged dies back. I explained what had happened which the lady at customer service verified through notes on my account. She seemed to give half a damn and was very nice. I informed her that this morning I placed a $1k order through brownells vs them which included the same die set and that I actually paid about $60 more than what the total would have been through midway after shipping and a discount code. She said if I hadn't already ordered a new set of dies she would have sent a new set out at no charge (which they should have offered from the get go since they have 4 CC's of mine on file) but since I ordered a set already she offered me a $30 store credit to use on a future order.

While it certainly doesn't win me over it will get me to place a future order and give them another shot though I'm not holding my breathe. She said my email with the link to this thread I initially sent them was indeed forwarded to the shipping department but not to any supervisors. She also indicated they are aware of the issues with bubble mailers with some items and are looking to change the uses of them. I have had plenty of issues with packaging on boxed orders too though. I will update this again when I place another order with them which I'm sure won't be long but I got everything I had on my mind this morning from brownells.

Screw every last vendor that ships defective items, or fails to correctly package and protect your purchase. People that tie up your money and waste your time can suk it. No problem for them to "make it right", they already got paid.

Just ordered Redding Competition die from Midway last week so hopefully I have better luck

Last edited:
Midway sucks

They're on my shitlist now too. Ordered a Spuhr mount, their sizes are listed wrong, they sent me a high instead of ultra high, I returned it and they tried to give me STORE CREDTIinstead of a refund, fuck you. Also didn't refund shipping until I bitched and then only outgoing not return shipping. I'm done. The lady I talked to also sounded like she could care less.

And of course they charged $10 to ship to me and its $4 to ship the mount back so yes it's been obvious for some time that they're fucking us on shipping.

Mount box was all smashed too b/c of the crappy bag they rammed it into for shipping.

USPS priority no longer available. Try getting something in Utah and it takes over a week because of this USPS final delivery marriage with UPS which is Larry milking the system for more juice while we all suffer.

Amazon.com has a lot of stuff Prime eligible now like the Hornady concentric its gauge I just got from them.

I'll avoid midway as much as I can from now on and use amazon, Natchez, Bruno's, euro optic, mid south and others.

Screw Midway.

I'm not the biggest Midway fan out there, but my comment is worth what you paid for it.

If you *need* something in a rush, right away for this weekend, etc, for the love of pete, don't order it last minute. Order it ahead of time so that you're not disappointed when you can't have instant gratification for online/mail-order goods.

Also, best advice is to reorder, then return the other item for refund rather than exchange. It sucks to have to pay twice out front but you will get your money back.

I'll avoid midway as much as I can from now on and use amazon, Natchez, Bruno's, euro optic, mid south and others.

Screw Midway.

In my experience, Bruno's makes Midway's shipping seem fair and reasonable by comparison. That, and the fact that you don't even get a shipping quote at the time of placing your order takes them out of the running for me.

Screw Bruno's. They told they would put a single box of bullets in a flat-rate box for $5. They sent me an invoice and charged me 12.95 or something retarded to ship 50 bullets worth $15.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Screw Bruno's. They told they would put a single box of bullets in a flat-rate box for $5. They sent me an invoice and charged me 12.95 or something retarded to ship 50 bullets worth $15.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brunos is a ripoff... they did the same to me and also charged me for the box and packaging material to ship it, that was an additional $5.00. Theyre total bs, I do like grafs tho they charge fair prices and dont rip you off on shipping either.