• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I'm done with MidwayUSA

"Happy Birthday. Now go Fuck Yourself."

Ah - there appears to be some confusion here.

What I'm saying is that it seems that Larry and Midway sent you a message that says, in essence, "Happy Birthday, Go Fuck Yourself"

It was not me saying that, I was making fun of midway.

Having said that, Happy Birthday.

I haven't used them (unless absolutely no one has what I need) since they quit offering dealer prices. Then started shipping with ups via usps which you can't track on the ups tracking # they give you. Oh, and what the hell is up with Larry using "that's the way it is" He couldn't come up with an original phrase. Does he think people don't remember who's sign off that was? 1981 wasn't that long ago!?? Idiot.

I had the same problem about a year ago, I needed a set of dies they got to my house with the yellow bubble envolope with the case and 1 die missing the other 2 dies completly, why in the world would they mail a die set in a envolope, a small box with some paper would have solved all the problems, I will never order another die set from them again, they did own up to it and sent me another set packaged the same way! Wow! Luckily the case stayed closed, you would think if there always gona mail dies in envelopes they would at least tape or secure the plastic box closed so it doesn't come open, but that would take them a extra 30 seconds

Midway used to be one of my first choices when I needed something, now they are only used as a last resort. Many of the examples provided here are all too familiar. Over a period of quite a few years, they have slowly earned every bit of their demotion on my list while others have been providing me with good reasons to give them my business. That's just the way it works Larry.

I had the same problem about a year ago, I needed a set of dies they got to my house with the yellow bubble envolope with the case and 1 die missing the other 2 dies completly, why in the world would they mail a die set in a envolope, a small box with some paper would have solved all the problems, I will never order another die set from them again, they did own up to it and sent me another set packaged the same way! Wow! Luckily the case stayed closed, you would think if there always gona mail dies in envelopes they would at least tape or secure the plastic box closed so it doesn't come open, but that would take them a extra 30 seconds

Exact opposite here, usually a set of dies would be packed alone, in 18"x24" box with 64 feet of puffy green air pillows.
Like I've said before, Midway is like Cabela's, the minute you write them off, is when you'll take yourself out of the running for things you need, or one hell of a deal.

Last fall they sold Lapua scenars at such a good price, it allowed a lot of people to buy an overpriced bullet at a really good price. And Federal match primers were cheaper than we've seen them 2 years.
I've been using Midway since 95 or before, long before I had internet access, and the last 8 years has been nothing but a overall downward spiral in my eyes. But if Larry wants to offer up a good deal, believe me, I'll take it.

Not really midways fault but I bought 100 starline socom brass and it only had 98. When I called they want me to send the entire package back so they can swap it for another box of 100. Only problem is the brass is on backorder and starline only makes a couple runs a year. According to them starline wont send just the two they shorted me. Ive already loaded 50 of the brass so I'm SOL. More of a PSA than a bitch about midway as they didnt package the brads and apparently have no pull with their supplier to make it right. They did refund me 2.38 for the two cases I'm missing though.

Just made another purchase from Midway earlier today, and as normal, it was well over $200 with multiple large items. Some needed shipped separately, but it all went out today.

Yet to have a bad experience, started doing business back in 08, and after thousands of dollars, I'm still happy.

Shipping costs are my only problem, but nothing is free anymore.

When I first started buying from Midway in the 90's, their prices were way better than the two local gunshops and so was their stocking levels, and they had free shipping. Back then they did not sell primers or powder, and I have yet to buy any as Grafs and Powder Valley typically have better prices, shipping costs, and inventory.

Not sure why they went away from free shipping but it seemed to coincide with Internet sales taking off around 2000. Their sales are usually good but they are not the low price leader anymore. They also charge you shipping on a back ordered item, Brownells and a few others do not.

Funny thing about packaging is that I bought some stuff from Brownells recently and they shipped a Redding bushing in a 6 x 6 x 4" box all by itself.

Haven't read all the post's about Midway, but recently received a BOX of brass that could have fit 3 times the amount I got. All that brass banging around in there won't be good(afraid to open it!) but the BOX inside the BOX was package nicely with the big bubble wrap! there shipping dept. SUCK'S!! dogdude

Midway came through this time for me. Yes, pay too much in shipping and I waited a few months, but the backorder came through and they were one of the only ones to allow backorder at the time on what I wanted. So, I'm happy.

What is even more frustrating is how Midway overcharges for their shipping. Have you seen how much they charge for shipping? Much more than my own personal UPS account, and I ship infrequently through my Ebay sales.

Sorry to hear about your experience brother.

Let me guess, it was in a box 18 times larger than needed with $10 worth of random bubble wrap loosely flying around it?

I've been done with them for a while due to their retarded shipping prices and 'small order' fee. If you do find things cheaper there, the shipping kills it as it seems to be a set % of price, not what actually is being shipped.

Select their cheapest shipping and it takes 10 days to get to Utah or pay almost 3x the amount for something within a week. Fuck that. I would understand if when I paid 20$ for shipping it cost something near that, but when I pay $20 and get a box with $8 shipping on it, fuck you.

Their ridiculously low limits on almost everything (especially powder/primers) is a mega deal breaker. Limit 1 to any powder or primer. Great. So now besides raping me on shipping, you want me to pay an additional $35 for 1 pound of powder? Fuck you.

Need a single item? Can usually get it from ebay, shipping included, cheaper than midway.

Larger order can almost always be had cheaper from Sinclair or various other places depending on what it is.

I don't even bother to look at them anymore, and thats the way it is!

This pretty much sums it up. I've only ordered from them a few times over the years. My buddy just ordered a firing pin. It came in a 12"x6"x6" box. One firing pin. Idiots could have put it in a small envelope for $1.50

Just ordered ANOTHER round of equipment from them, bottom metal, sand bags, and a few other accessories, used the $10 off coupon and pretty much got shipping free or one item free depending on how you wanna look at it, shipped same day. Couldnt be happier with how fast they send everything especially like yesterdays same day delivery.

I sent them a bad online survey that they ask you to do. They said that the reason for the high shipping costs and handling fees were to keep the pricing of their products as low as possible. ..

I know in went to a public school but wouldn't the higher handling fees and shipping still bring the TOTAL price of their products up? Stupid!

I sent them a bad online survey that they ask you to do. They said that the reason for the high shipping costs and handling fees were to keep the pricing of their products as low as possible. ..

I know in went to a public school but wouldn't the higher handling fees and shipping still bring the TOTAL price of their products up? Stupid!

That is, quite possibly, the hallmark of Larry's business model. Jack UP prices on S&H, combine them with less-than-stellar pricing on many items (at least compared to other outlets/vendors), and then throw the customers a "discount code" or two here and there with broad exclusionary language, etc., and let the unwashed masses think that you are the best thing since sliced bread for "giving the little guy a break" now and then. :rolleyes:

I'm just glad to see someone from Midway at least own up to the fact that their S&H is, in fact, ARTIFICIALLY INFLATED!! Whether you want to call it tit-for-tat for "keeping prices of products low" or just outright say we'll appear to have better pricing on products but we're going to stick it to you to make that up on our S&H charges...its still a total racket.

While you can, at least at times, still get a decent deal at Midway on some products, especially if you can get a "code" to work on it, by in large these days, your money is better spent elsewhere. Whatever you do, as I have said before, just be an educated consumer (thus, a happy consumer) before spending your money with Midway and ensure that you are actually getting a fair/reasonable price (including inflated S&H) as compared with any number of other "big box" retailers of like merchandise.

In response to the rant about ammunition Depot :
I ran into the same thing years ago with ammunition Depot . They told me they couldn't sell ammo to California... So I proved them wrong so they sent me a free T shirt. The idiots were losing out on a huge market. Their legal zoom department is full of morons

Last edited:
Glad i bought my glass from a hide vendor. Had a nightforce on backorder, 3 times the back order got delayed. I bought from a hide vendor was here at my door in 2 days. This is a great community. I bought 4 bottles of CLP and 3 of them leaked out(midway usa).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Well, I'll pile on here. Like many here I've spend lots and lots of money at Midway over the past 30 years. And I too have noticed a decrease in value and customer service. Shipping is one area, backorders is another and product selection. I still shop with them, but not as much. Graff's, Midsouth, Brownells, Cabela's to name a few now get more of my business.

I've used midway maybe a dozen times over the years. One box arrived with shoddy packaging, luckily the contents werent damaged.

Midways packaging does leave something to be desired at times, however USPS/UPS/FedEX really know how to handle packages (sarcasm). I've received boxes that look like they were run through a damn car crusher, pisses me off every damn time!!

I've used midway maybe a dozen times over the years. One box arrived with shoddy packaging, luckily the contents werent damaged.

Midways packaging does leave something to be desired at times, however USPS/UPS/FedEX really know how to handle packages (sarcasm). I've received boxes that look like they were run through a damn car crusher, pisses me off every damn time!!

Yes, but at least they aren't charging special handling fees for everything. Especially when an item costs 7.95 then you check out and it's more than doubled in price! That is what pisses me off!

Yes, but at least they aren't charging special handling fees for everything. Especially when an item costs 7.95 then you check out and it's more than doubled in price! That is what pisses me off!

Haha, I feel your pain.

I actually placed an order tonight because they had Timney 510 & 517 triggers on sale ($20 off) and free shipping over $175.

Fingers crossed my package arrives in one piece.