• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Impact Precision Actions

Anyone know if a stock cut for an impact will work on other clone actions?

What brand of stock? A foundation?

Assuming foundation, you will have to increase the depth of the recoil lug pocket for most other actions. The Impact has a pretty short recoil lug. Other than that the answer is likely yes.

What brand of stock? A foundation?

Assuming foundation, you will have to increase the depth of the recoil lug pocket for most other actions. The Impact has a pretty short recoil lug. Other than that the answer is likely yes.
Manners

Depends on the other clone action you have in mind? The three areas that tend to be action specific are: bolt handle area, side bolt release area, and ejection port shape/length/depth.

Some guys with mismatched actions/stocks just want it clearanced to function......others want it filled-in, recut, then touch up painted. Depends on what you want.

Ern

Reactions: Wheres-Waldo
Any update on these. I've been looking at them but there seems to be none in stock for about a month.

Yeah i have a proof 737r setup that I’m moving to a LRH soon and want to swap actions for weight savings

Anybody have any 787s? I went a different direction last time, but still like my impact short action better. Along those lines, curious if anyone has an inside line on if they plan to run them again.

Schur Firearms in Bennington, KS has Impact actions in stock. They are on FB. Great people.

Last edited:
Anyone compare the nbk with a lone peak fuzion alpine cut? I'm torn between those 2 choices.

Anyone compare the nbk with a lone peak fuzion alpine cut? I'm torn between those 2 choices.
Impact and Lone Peak actions feel different. I prefer the feel of LP, others may prefer the Impacts. Aside from the subjective difference, the LPAs are lighter, by a reasonable margin. They are both great actions (I own both), and you won't go wrong with either. This is an Impact thread, so I'll leave it at that!

Impact and Lone Peak actions feel different. I prefer the feel of LP, others may prefer the Impacts. Aside from the subjective difference, the LPAs are lighter, by a reasonable margin. They are both great actions (I own both), and you won't go wrong with either. This is an Impact thread, so I'll leave it at that!
If you are going to make a comparison, it would help to provide models.

It looks like:
737R SA=37oz
Fuzion SA=31.5oz
For a precision match (non-hunting) scenario, I don't think it matters a whole hell of a lot when many people are adding weights to many setups.

For more of the hunting setup/application:
NBK=28oz
Fuzion(Ti) =23oz (more comparable to the NBK, than the Razor Ti)

IMO, the difference there may be more of a factor to some when spec'ing out a build and maybe don't want to give up too much on barrel/optic preferences.

If you are going to make a comparison, it would help to provide models.

It looks like:
737R SA=37oz
Fuzion SA=31.5oz
For a precision match (non-hunting) scenario, I don't think it matters a whole hell of a lot when many people are adding weights to many setups.

For more of the hunting setup/application:
NBK=28oz
Fuzion(Ti) =23oz (more comparable to the NBK, than the Razor Ti)

IMO, the difference there may be more of a factor to some when spec'ing out a build and maybe don't want to give up too much on barrel/optic preferences.
Apples to apples is the LPA alpine port (25oz) to the NBK (28oz).

I didn't specify the models because the person I quoted (right above my answer)/was responding to specifically called out the LPA Alpine port action compared to the NBK:

I also did not make any statement to imply one was better than the other, just that they were different, and my personal preference. They both feel different when you cycle them, but they are both great actions. You can't go wrong with either. I don't think people would be looking at NBKs and Alpine port cut LPAs if they are looking for additional weight, which is why I called it out as the major difference aside from feel/aesthetics.

Last time I checked, Impact removed the "left handed" actions from the website. Anyone know anything about this?

****Edit... Wade said they are still making lefty actions, and they just were working on the site****

Thanks, Scott

Last edited:
Here ya go. 1-1/16-16 3a thread. .705/.150 counterbore. .950 headspace.
Any competent gunsmith can chamber your barrel for an Impact, so no you do not have to stick with Impact for new barrels. That is just another convenient option. Impact keeps chambered barrels in stock in popular match and hunting calibers. These chambered barrels are called “Impact by Stuteville”. This allows the end user to order an in stock chambered barrel and have it shipped to his door for them to install themselves.
Can anybody confirm these specs? I have multiple impact prefits from pva and proof and the tenon length is around .930 not 950.

Can anybody confirm these specs? I have multiple impact prefits from pva and proof and the tenon length is around .930 not 950.
Screenshot_20191024-115045_Drive.jpg

I have a couple of more recent impacts, and they seem to no longer have the coin slot in the firing pin for bolt removal. What are y’all using for bolt tear down?

• One piece bolt is designed with proper geometry and clearance to allow smooth operation under field conditions.
Can anyone provide dimensions to the Bolt body diameter and clearance with the action . I"m a numbers guy and can relate to dimensions and tolerances more than hundreds of statements from online posters saying , " the smoothest " etc.

Any recommendations on a site to order a 737r that would be able to install a barrel for me and ship it out? I would rather do this than buy each, receive them and then ship them out to a gunsmith.

Any recommendations on a site to order a 737r that would be able to install a barrel for me and ship it out? I would rather do this than buy each, receive them and then ship them out to a gunsmith.
@StraightJacketArmory

Has anybody dropped an impact into an AT-x? Were there any clearance issues?

I got to handle a sweet rig built off an Impact and I’ve convinced myself I’ll have one built and cheat on my AI a little bit in the process

Reactions: Matt_3479
Have the fitment issues with KRG Bravos and Impacts been mitigated? Plug and play now or some hand fitment required?