• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Imported carbon fiber tripod (RT90C)

So for as the problem with rt80s leveling base/half ball, is the machine marks between the ball and the bowl or the ball and the tension handle? Also it says in the Amazon description its 65mm, but I read earlier its 75mm, which is it? Either way Amazon has all kinds of leveling base/half balls in both size ranging from $20-$100. I wonder if a guy replaced it with something like the $85ish feisol if it would have a more precise lock up and tension

Yes, it's true much of the crap we have/use is made in China. That tripod might be fine for your use and a good value. I have found though that the higher quality tripods like RRS have features and quality that lend themselves to be much more functional and dependable. I get it, $1400 bucks for a tripod is a lot of jack and might not make sense or be affordable to some. My experience though is that there are reasons why there is such a cost disparity, and it's not the "Gucci" logo.

Reactions: Chasing3
I think I've settled on the Innorel RT-80c $189 from Amazon and Desmond DLOW-55 head $180 from Amazon.

Just gotta do it.

Edit: Did it. Hopefully it's here before next weekend, via Amazon

Last edited:
Reactions: winniethepooh
I’ve got a rt-90 on the way. I was wondering has anyone tried a ARCA SWISS-PICATINNY LEVER CLAMP WITH PAN AXIS from field optics? Do you think this will work with the 90? 960DE21A-E718-4FCB-9DAD-0FF07622CE85.jpeg

Are you meaning just stick with the leveling base it comes with and buy a clamp for it? Or go the rrs universal leveling TA-U-LC route?

So for as the problem with rt80s leveling base/half ball, is the machine marks between the ball and the bowl or the ball and the tension handle? Also it says in the Amazon description its 65mm, but I read earlier its 75mm, which is it? Either way Amazon has all kinds of leveling base/half balls in both size ranging from $20-$100. I wonder if a guy replaced it with something like the $85ish feisol if it would have a more precise lock up and tension

It is 65mm and there are basically no great options for a 65mm video bowl replacement. Looking at the tripod it first appears like the issue is with the machined video bowl, not the tripod interface itself. However, Amazon sells one that appears to be better quality from Kenro, but it didn't perform much better than the included version even though the video bowl appears machined better which leads me to believe it's both the tripod head bowl and the video bowl that are not machined spherical. (fair warning, seller hides it well on Amazon but the kenro video bowl ships from the UK, and if you don't like it, you have to foot the return shipping to the UK). The best bet is to put the fixed plate in, and use a high quality ball head, or something like RRS universal leveling mount. Video pan is just a bad option on the 80c.

This works like a champ.

Attachments

• D2872C5C-7D62-4D65-9A6A-7911FFCF7EC7.jpeg
    D2872C5C-7D62-4D65-9A6A-7911FFCF7EC7.jpeg
    324.8 KB · Views: 387
Hey guys-- you should stop thinking about the "video bowl size".

The "video bowl" is independent of the Apex opening and only refers to the "cup or bowl" that accepts a video head's ball.

Look at this thread I did and scroll down 6 or 7 images https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...-tvc-33-feisol-3372-anvil-30-comment.6570549/

Once you see the images, it should be really apparent what you should be looking at to mount any of the better heads like the RRS TA-3 or the Series 3 Anvil 30 with the cupped plate. Anything you bolt to the top plate like a TA-UL-LC is lass stable than direct mount TA-3 but it is only so by small amounts.. then followed by most ball heads.

So again, the TA-UL-LC is the simple solution, but if you guys are looking for direct TA-3 you need to look at the Apex's opening - not the video bowl size.. a tip off are the Chinese offerings that say 100mm and free 70mm or 75mm adapter.

Hope this helps.

Jim

So I messed with the video bowl that came with the Rt90c. I don't know a damn thing about any of this video equipment terminology up front. The assembly is basically a handle with a long screw running through the center that applies pressure when tightened to the bowl insert on top, and the cup on the bottom half, compressing both pieces in to the bowl to tighten, then by loosening the tension on the handle, allows movement. I just sprayed a little dry lube in both halves and the difference was pretty impressive. There is actually a middle ground between locked and unlocked now. I would even consider it to be usable if it weren't for the fact I don't want to have to relube this thing every other use. The cups are not concentric. After sitting around for an hour playing with it, there's uneven wear. Also, the coarse threads on the center screw probably weren't the best choice for anything capable of fine tuning. This weekend I'm going to try rethreading the bottom half of that center screw to a very fine thread, and putting a different insert in to the tension handle, as well as a rubber spacer to try to create some way to manage to supply a little pressure to this assembly without locking it

What kind of dry lube did you use? Do you think the bowl/cup and the half ball are not concentric or just the bowl/cup? I've been searching for 65mm for the rt80 with out much luck, but theres several half balls and bowls for the 75mm of the rt90.

Got the RT80c and DLOW-55 yesterday. Took them out to 530y today. Worked well, still need lots of practice. Can’t upload the videos.

Attachments

• 404ED065-C34B-426A-8E45-6E6EC6DBF407.jpeg
    404ED065-C34B-426A-8E45-6E6EC6DBF407.jpeg
    606.6 KB · Views: 369
  • 68FB50C6-360B-4F0E-B6AF-AC18653B1E95.jpeg
    68FB50C6-360B-4F0E-B6AF-AC18653B1E95.jpeg
    544.7 KB · Views: 358
  • 8F3FE6CF-F849-4EE4-8B82-70692C50D62C.jpeg
    8F3FE6CF-F849-4EE4-8B82-70692C50D62C.jpeg
    782.4 KB · Views: 320
I have a RT90C and use a RRS TA-3 leveling base with it. Much better than the one that comes included. You use the include RT90C adapter so that the TA-3 works in the apex opening. This gives you the more refined control provided by the TA-3.

Reactions: CageFighter
Appreciate it. I'm just trying to picture exactly what you did to get the ta 3 to work. It sounds like you took the black bowl off the black bowl base that comes with the tripod and just dropped the ta 3 in to it and didn't use the bowl that comes with the ta 3
That is exactly what I did.

Here is my attempt at posting photos.

Attachments

• IMG_1123.jpg
    IMG_1123.jpg
    306.8 KB · Views: 403
  • IMG_1122.jpg
    IMG_1122.jpg
    308.7 KB · Views: 397
  • IMG_1118 (1).jpg
    IMG_1118 (1).jpg
    327 KB · Views: 381
  • IMG_1121.jpg
    IMG_1121.jpg
    294.2 KB · Views: 392
Reactions: Lunchbox27
For those that have the 80 and the 90, have you seen a difference shooting? The 90 is twice the weight. The $100 difference isn’t the concern as I’d prefer to just get one. I have several lightweight spotting / camera tripods.

For those that have the 80 and the 90, have you seen a difference shooting? The 90 is twice the weight. The $100 difference isn’t the concern as I’d prefer to just get one. I have several lightweight spotting / camera tripods.

I have the 80 and a friend of mine has the 90. For just binocular or rear support off barricades the 80 is more than sufficient. If you plan on shooting off of it a lot the 90 may be a better choice. The 80 is ok for shooting off of, but with the smaller legs at the bottom even slightly deployed it looses some stability when loaded with weight. Also the leveling base on the 80 is pretty poor so you pretty much have to use a ball head which add an additional amount of wiggle in the system.

FYI I emailed innorel about returns/demo units of the 90c and they posted some on amazon for $240 down below the buy it now button.

Amazon link also please. Seems as though you guys got this figured out now.

Carbon Fiber Bowl Tripod,INNOREL RT-90C Professional Heavy Duty Camera Tripod Ultra Stable Top-Level Birdwatching Camera Stand 40mm Leg Tube Max Load 88pounds/40kg with 75mm Bowl and Bowl Adapter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07J3BCFQ9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_siXiDbZQVASYG

It says ships from China on the used one but I emailed and he assured its shipping from the us warehouse.

Attachments

• AFE25AF2-D371-48E3-8685-0FB1652456F7.png
    AFE25AF2-D371-48E3-8685-0FB1652456F7.png
    266.5 KB · Views: 107
It went from 240 to 247 when I bought. I wonder if it automatically adjusts prices or if he’s fiddling with it.

I used my RT80c and Desmond D-LOW55 at the Sporting Rifle Match in Raton, NM yesterday. It was solid holding up my 18# rifle and I was able to hit 6/6 targets from 205y to 540y. The target sizes are a little more forgiving on that stage since it must be shot from tripod/bipod, or anything other than prone.
But overall I'm pleased with it, I don't regret not going with the 90c, yet anyways.

Reactions: CageFighter
You know, I though long and hard about picking one of these tripods up. At the end of the day, the 3372 Feisol was less than $100 more, and it's lighter.

I have a CT-3342 that I bought mainly for a lighter hunting tripod. I use it at local matches for spotting and occasional shooting/rear support (most of our local matches don't allow tripods for rear support). Had a stage at a team match the end of June that had one rifle on a tripod and the other prone. I saw that the notches on one leg of the main frame was sheared. I contacted Feisol and they had me check the corrosponding angle lock. It was damaged, so they sent me a new angle lock, a replacement foot that I lost, and a new main frame. They were out of the CT-3342 marked frames, so they sent a CT-3442 marked frame. They shipped it last Friday the 5th and it was at my house on Monday the 8th. That kind of service and warranty alone makes me want to get the 3372 instead of the RT90 that I was considering.

Reactions: seansmd
Would the RRS TA-4 work on the RT90C? It does say it's compatible with 75mm and 100mm bowl, so curious if anyone has tried it.

Reactions: Hotrod20s
Found these yesterday, lo and behold, you guys already have a thread going.

Got my Rt90c ordered last night on Amazon for $282 shipped (there was a surprise $15 coupon attached to the ad). I also bought a leofoto NB-46 ball head for $99 shipped. I wanted the 55mm ball, but this 46mm one shows a higher weight limit and was less than half the price. Im into the set for $381otd
Im not tripod-savvy, but i was pretty sure the tripod and head will work together. Anyone able to help me out and confirm that?

You should be fine! It will mount directly on the flat metal plate that fits on the tripod head.

If you bought the package with the leveling bowl attachment you can also mount your head on it.

Reactions: trob
You should be fine! It will mount directly on the flat metal plate that fits on the tripod head.

If you bought the package with the leveling bowl attachment you can also mount your head on it.

Yea, it's the whole package deal. Thanks! I'll play around with it.

Would the RRS TA-4 work on the RT90C? It does say it's compatible with 75mm and 100mm bowl, so curious if anyone has tried it.

I'm curious about this too. The TA-4 also gives you 20 degrees of travel, and a higher weight rating. The downside is that it's heavier, but for PRS or long range shooting, that doesn't matter to me. I have a lighter tripod I could use if needed.

I think I'm going to buy the RT90C and try the TA-4. If the TA-4 doesn't work I'll just buy a RRS Anvil-30, and just the screw attachment method.

I've been waiting for PVA to ship their 40mm Comp Tripod since May 1st, and their customer support is atrocious. I just filed a dispute with my CC company for a refund. PVA's 50 dollar cancellation fee is robbery when you can't reliably deliver on a product that should have been here 8+ weeks ago.

Last week I decided to replace my Slik 700 tripod for a carbon fiber tripod. While searching instunbled across the Innorel RT-90C. I found one on Amazon for $257 shipped. 6 days later it shows up. Included with a 75mm bowl, 75mm half ball adapter, aluminum flat top plate, spiked feet, Allen wrenches and a nice padded, zippered carrying case that has room to leave the ball head and hog saddle attached.
The finish on the metal looks nice and even (no this spots) the carbon fiber has a nice "weave" pattern and the legs operate smoothly. The legs have a 40mm diameter and the total capacity of the unit claims 88lbs. My 40lb daughter was hanging from the top plate. The tripod didn't seem to even notice.
Overall, I'm pleased with the purchase. I will say, the short time I spent with the bowl/half ball adapter it not very smooth. Perhaps with time it will break in but for now I'm going to use the Desmond db-55 ball head with andoer QD clamp/ Hog Saddle combo.

The RT-90C is on the left
20190727_171415.jpg
20190727_171517.jpg
20190727_171653.jpg
20190727_172637.jpg

Screenshot_20190728-000948_Instagram.jpg

Last week I decided to replace my Slik 700 tripod for a carbon fiber tripod. While searching instunbled across the Innorel RT-90C. I found one on Amazon for $257 shipped. 6 days later it shows up. Included with a 75mm bowl, 75mm half ball adapter, aluminum flat top plate, spiked feet, Allen wrenches and a nice padded, zippered carrying case that has room to leave the ball head and hog saddle attached.
The finish on the metal looks nice and even (no this spots) the carbon fiber has a nice "weave" pattern and the legs operate smoothly. The legs have a 40mm diameter and the total capacity of the unit claims 88lbs. My 40lb daughter was hanging from the top plate. The tripod didn't seem to even notice.
Overall, I'm pleased with the purchase. I will say, the short time I spent with the bowl/half ball adapter it not very smooth. Perhaps with time it will break in but for now I'm going to use the Desmond db-55 ball head with andoer QD clamp/ Hog Saddle combo.

The RT-90C is on the left View attachment 7119485View attachment 7119486View attachment 7119487View attachment 7119488
View attachment 7119490

I did the same and it's rock solid w/ the ARCA connection. I'm forgoing the video bowl until I can find a compelling reason to use it.

Reactions: trob
Has anyone gotten an RRS Anvil 30 adapted to one of these?

Which method?

There are 3 versions you could buy.

1. There is a head only, and would work with any tripod that has a screw on the top (i.e. this version would work no problem with this tripod).

2. The "Apex" leg conversion (specifically RRS proprietary IMHO).

3. Platform adapter which is only for the 2 and 3 series RRS tripods. It was found that the TA-3 leveling plate does NOT work with this tripod, so I'm guessing this method wouldn't work either.

Your only option is buying the head only IMHO.

I think the TA-4 leveling plate may work (it's also 100mm), but they do not make a 100mm Anvil version.

Last edited:
Reactions: achalmersman
Thanks to all for the info. Mine should be here today. I’m very interested to see how stable this is. Thinking I’ll just suck it up and pick up an anvil 30.

Thanks to all for the info. Mine should be here today. I’m very interested to see how stable this is. Thinking I’ll just suck it up and pick up an anvil 30.
Not sure will have to double check i have used a few. I think its just a basic andoer one.

I canceled my PVA Comp 40 tripod that was supposed to be back in stock on May 1st, and ordered a RT 90C.

My plan is to see if the RRS TA-4 (100mm) leveling base works with this tripod. If not, I'll just use the head version of the Anvil 34.

FYI current price on Amazon is $297 with a $15 dollar off coupon (which basically covers your tax).

7DCB4660-82EE-4855-BCE8-BB2045213FF0.jpeg

Got some free stuff from them in exchange for an amazon review. They were supposed to be including a small video tripod too. I feel a bit dirty but I was honest in my review.

i have been looking at the rt 90c in this thread for a while, ive never owned a tri pod before and dont know crap about them. my question is if i buy it what would i have to buy to put a swiss arca rail or a hog saddle on it

ctso030, for use with the hog saddle you will need a leveling base or ball head to first mount on the fixed platform on which the hog saddle will sit.

For the Arca rail solution you will need a similar setup to mount on the fixed platform but instead of topping with the hog saddle you would need to get an Arca compatible clamp to accept the Arca rail section attached to your rifle. That is, assuming that what you are trying to achieve is to mount the rifle using an Arca mount. You could also attach to a piccatinny rail, in which case you would need a piccatiny clamp instead. Some clamps accept both piccatinny and Arca rails.