• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Imported carbon fiber tripod (RT90C)

I believe you'd be happier w/ the 90 for that purpose. Also, it's not a tank either. :geek:

I have a super light weight carbon fiber Amazon special I dedicate for my range finder and wind meter. It's blown over in the wind when using the wind meter. :geek: . I've also shot off of it before. Not ideal but cheap and works.

$90 when I bought it.

Just canceled the order for the 80 and found a 90 from innorel store that I’m guessing is an open box item for 70buck off. So It was a pretty painless jump in price, just wish shipping wasn’t going to take forever.

. 3EC79C41-0347-4D82-8257-BF05E79AEAC7.png

Last edited:
Well I got the new 80 and the Desmond 55 ball. Should be here in a week or so. I’ll let you know how stable it is.

it does have a little flex in it, and I’m planning on buying an rt90c to shoot off and use the rt80c for spotting. I use the bottom two legs extended, and next time I’ll try with the top two instead to see if it makes a difference. I’m using a leofoto lh-55 no neck and threw away the bowl adapter when it came in. I’ll upload a video shooting off it, but the attached picture is 5 rounds on a 2 moa target with some pretty good wind at 600yds. Spotting the hits and getting back on target was easy but it still had a decent wobble zone.

Link shooting at 500 yds

If you are going to be at next weekend's shoot in Pearsall, I have a 90c that you can get a feel for....... if you haven't already tried one out.

If you are going to be at next weekend's shoot in Pearsall, I have a 90c that you can get a feel for....... if you haven't already tried one out.
Thanks, I’d like to see how different it is. There was one out there a few matches back that I played with, but didn’t do any shooting off of. The rt-90c is definitely a bit beefier tripod.
I probably won’t make this months match because I have to go back to work for a month, but plan on going out there more often as I just got a membership.

Last edited:
Reactions: C.R. Adams
Surprised you got a ball head since they come with the bowl/leveling head unless some don’t come with it.
A few have said that the bowl they come with isn’t very smooth. I will test it out since the new 80 is supposed to have a smoother more adjustable bowl and see how it does. If it works I will send the ball head back.

A few have said that the bowl they come with isn’t very smooth. I will test it out since the new 80 is supposed to have a smoother more adjustable bowl and see how it does. If it works I will send the ball head back.
First, I highly recommend Midwestoffroad's adapter. I had mine in hand before my tripod showed and I'd recommend others do the same. combine this with the anvil 30 and it's solid as hell. If the anvil 30 is out of budget at the time, still get the base. it can be used for other items and who knows down the road.

With that said, it's not so much as the factory bowl not being smooth, it's the limited range of elevation and combine that with adding a Hog/Pig saddle or an arca clamp and the control knobs will hit the tripod, limiting the range even more. Also, from the factory, the bowl is either off/on. very difficult to add tension and maintain movement. I came up with a solution that helps (only helps) with this. see post #620 on p.13 for the pics. all it requires is removing a clip and adding an o-ring.

Reactions: midwestoffroad
Looks like my RT90C should be here this week. Have Midwestoffroad's adapter in hand (Very nicely machined and finished).

Need to find a Anvil30. Looks sold out everywhere and backordable from RRS. Any idea how long it takes them to get out?

Looks like my RT90C should be here this week. Have Midwestoffroad's adapter in hand (Very nicely machined and finished).

Need to find a Anvil30. Looks sold out everywhere and backordable from RRS. Any idea how long it takes them to get out?

What’s this Midwestoffroad adapter I keep hearing about?

I just found a stocking dealer and confirmed with RRS they are legit. Free shipping as well so going to give it a shot. Thermal Optics Plus

Reactions: Rexwagon
Just rolled the dice and ordered off that Hong Kong (post 735) site ... used a code at top of page for 10% off as well plus free shipping so $225 all in for the RT90C. Code was OFF1ST ... let's see what happens! Now the Anvil and the midwest plate!

Yea that's a good deal. I got mine off ebay for $360ish shipped with taxes. Figured Ebay will make it right if it doesn't get delivered. Ordered May 7th should be here tomorrow. Shipped direct from China/HK.

It really makes me sad to order chicom shit but deep down the idea of being able to use this to kill Chinamen or other communists one day, makes it pretty bittersweet.

Just wish there was a US produced product that didn't cost 4 times as much. At least I'm putting a RRS Anvil on it with a US manufactured adapter.

It really makes me sad to order chicom shit but deep down the idea of being able to use this to kill Chinamen or other communists one day, makes it pretty bittersweet.

Just wish there was a US produced product that didn't cost 4 times as much. At least I'm putting a RRS Anvil on it with a US manufactured adapter.

What he said!

Now to get my priorities in order, before the first match in the northeast actually can take place. Order 105 Hybrids and then track down an anvil

Just rolled the dice and ordered off that Hong Kong (post 735) site ... used a code at top of page for 10% off as well plus free shipping so $225 all in for the RT90C. Code was OFF1ST ... let's see what happens! Now the Anvil and the midwest plate!
Hope it works out for ya. I'm tempted to pull the trigger myself since it looks like they take paypal which should offer some protection.

Sooooo ... no confirmation email of order received yet. Will do some investigating today. I saw the PP note on the site but there was no PP option during checkout. I used a card with a low limit that I can turn off quickly if anything goes wrong. Going to check those charges today. I neglected to write down my order number as I was so sure I would receive it in an email. I did get the last midwestoffroad plate available for now though ... so that's a positive!

Reactions: 260284
Tripod just got delivered. Came from Hong Kong. Holy shit is this thing skookum. Built like a brick shit house. All adjustments are very smooth and locks up tighter than the virgin Mary. Is a bit on the heavy side but IMO that will just make it more stable. Can't wait to shoot this thing.

EDIT; This was from ebay. Paid $360 shipped with taxes and took 7 days to get here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kienvu14
Sooooo ... no confirmation email of order received yet. Will do some investigating today. I saw the PP note on the site but there was no PP option during checkout. I used a card with a low limit that I can turn off quickly if anything goes wrong. Going to check those charges today. I neglected to write down my order number as I was so sure I would receive it in an email. I did get the last midwestoffroad plate available for now though ... so that's a positive!
I went to use the contact form to ask how to use paypal. It didn't work. Went to use their contact email to ask about paypal. It came back as doesn't exist.

I got details that my order was cancelled ... I assume by CC company. No charges received. I just grabbed one from eBay as well.

What adapter are you guys using for spotting scope to Anvil? The B76 from RRS?

Mile High and RRS both want $13+ to ship a small 1 oz piece of AL...…….Is there anywhere else to get RRS stuff from that doesn't rape you on shipping?

I
I got details that my order was cancelled ... I assume by CC company. No charges received. I just grabbed one from eBay as well.
I’m mostly going to be using mine for a spotting scope but it’s always windy here. Still going back and forth between the upgraded rt80 and the rt90. Not sure if I can justify another $100

RT90 is worth every penny. I ordered mine from amazon to make sure I had an out just in case it never came from China or whatever. But it showed up in like 12 days or something.

I

I’m mostly going to be using mine for a spotting scope but it’s always windy here. Still going back and forth between the upgraded rt80 and the rt90. Not sure if I can justify another $100
Get the 90 and spend the extra. This thing is SOLID.

@CrabsandFootball you could Use the RRS B76, B6, or the BQDS.
The LMSS also has some versions that have picatinny which connects directly to the anvil or the RRS Nato Dovetail pic adapter can screw onto the picatinny section if you go that route.

The B76 will fit a lot of other spotters but it’ll have overlap on the smaller feet like the LMSS. B6 is the smallest and is bi-directional. The BQDS has a flinch mount underneath for a sling.
Just some options for you

I went to use the contact form to ask how to use paypal. It didn't work. Went to use their contact email to ask about paypal. It came back as doesn't exist.

Well I don’t feel like an ass for chickening out and missing a good deal now.... Too good to be true I guess. Glad you guys don’t appear to be out any $ for taking on guinea pig duty. Think I should delete the link from my original post? Or leave it up with a warning added?

Also, mine just barely showed up a minute ago. Packaging is currently soaking in Lysol ‘cause China lies 🤔🤣... I’ll open it after work.

Reactions: King_beardsly
Those will probably work fine for a spotter, but if you’re gonna shoot off of your tripod, get the rrs spec arca rail. That’ll ensure your rifle doesn’t fall off from a bad spec arca rail.
Yea that's the plan. This is just for the spotter. Going to get the RRS 5" rails for my guns. The nice thing about the Anvil30 is you can also use picatinny. Very versatile for alot of different guns.

Reactions: kriller134
Also, mine just barely showed up a minute ago. Packaging is currently soaking in Lysol ‘cause China lies 🤔🤣... I’ll open it after work.
It was sent fedex delivery confirmation. I was feeding the baby so made my wife get it.. She puts it down and I tell her it came from China and now she has corona.....did not laugh but I did!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: Jefe's Dope
Honey, the Corona I ordered from China arrived. Will you get it from the door?

Ordered mine on amazon April 10th and it showed up today, and thanks to you all Ive got an anvil 30 on the way. Do I need the custom plate to mount the anvil or will it work with what the rt90 comes with?

Ordered mine on amazon April 10th and it showed up today, and thanks to you all Ive got an anvil 30 on the way. Do I need the custom plate to mount the anvil or will it work with what the rt90 comes with?
It’ll work, but in my opinion not well. Get the plate from Midwest and you’ll be solid.