• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Imported carbon fiber tripod (RT90C)

Thanks. I’ve only used a ball head setup and never used a leveling base.

How does one “lock up” the position for stability, or do you keep it somewhat loose to pivot/track and then lean in to create a solid firing position?
You loosen the leveling base by twisting the handle shaft under the bowl, adjusting/aiming your rifle, and then tighten it back up by twisting it in opposite direction.

Reactions: akxx and DJ 480
Finally got the tripod, adapter plate from @midwestoffroad and Anvil-30 all put together. The adapter plate is made very heavy-duty and has zero flex in the system. I am very pleased with the final outcome...especially for the money spent!
IMG_1554.jpg

I ended up putting one of these tripods together with a Vault Outdoors Wrecking ball head and I love it! Using for hunting with my PCP airgun and .22lr and works fantastic!
IMG_20210319_201203543.jpg
IMG_20210327_223745148.jpg

Reactions: 260284
Where is the best place to get an Anvil-30? Thermal optics is out for the week and shows out of stock. I got to see what all the fuss is about the anvil vs other ball/leveling heads

Where is the best place to get an Anvil-30? Thermal optics is out for the week and shows out of stock. I got to see what all the fuss is about the anvil vs other ball/leveling heads

I think everyone is out of stock. Cameron changed his system to work with RRS live inventory last week

Finally got the tripod, adapter plate from @midwestoffroad and Anvil-30 all put together. The adapter plate is made very heavy-duty and has zero flex in the system. I am very pleased with the final outcome...especially for the money spent!
View attachment 7592468
Nice. What exact adapter plate (manufacturer and model #) did you use here to fit the Anvil 30 the Innorel RT90C?

My bad. Not trying to throw shade on his work. Your post just stated that you got it “from” him. I wasn’t aware he manufactured them. Couldn’t infer that from your post without prior knowledge of the fact that he actually makes them.
Anyhow, the mount looks to have a really nice fit and finish. So good in fact I assumed it was made by a commercial manufacturer. I’d be happy to give a fellow member some business. Especially when he’s putting out a quality product. I’ll hit him up. Thanks.

My bad. Not trying to throw shade on his work. Your post just stated that you got it “from” him. I wasn’t aware he manufactured them. Couldn’t infer that from your post without prior knowledge of the fact that he actually makes them.
Anyhow, the mount looks to have a really nice fit and finish. So good in fact I assumed it was made by a commercial manufacturer. I’d be happy to give a fellow member some business. Especially when he’s putting out a quality product. I’ll hit him up. Thanks.
He does great work and this is a lengthy thread but there are MANY posts detailing the process/products...that's how I found it

Reactions: midwestoffroad
so I bit the bullet and went with the 90 and the dlow55 last night, should be here tomorrow. I'll shoot off it some but primarily it'll be for binos, LRF, kestrel, etc... Does anyone have any photos of their "non-gun" setups?
Meopta 15x56 and Kowa 664m works great on 90 with anvil.

Attachments

• A2854261-0421-4929-80F3-C42DA58EFF3F.jpeg
    A2854261-0421-4929-80F3-C42DA58EFF3F.jpeg
    436.2 KB · Views: 111
  • D35DFA25-48DC-4483-897B-DDBE181EDDE3.jpeg
    D35DFA25-48DC-4483-897B-DDBE181EDDE3.jpeg
    884.8 KB · Views: 104
The concept started on post 380 on page 8 or 9. And there's a plate on about every page after that. It's been a fun Challange sending these plates out to so Many hide members. If it wasn't for making them on a old manual lathe and mill one at a time I could probably supply a even more refined and lighter product. And have done a few custom for gitzo and crux

The concept started on post 380 on page 8 or 9. And there's a plate on about every page after that. It's been a fun Challange sending these plates out to so Many hide members. If it wasn't for making them on a old manual lathe and mill one at a time I could probably supply a even more refined and lighter product. And have done a few custom for gitzo and crux
I have one you made out of delrin and it works great.

Very cool. Glad everyone has been keeping you busy. I sent you a DM regarding getting one.

Cerakote. As I hand make 4-6 at a time
Have you made any adapters that just have a thru 3/8 hole and an anti rotation pin for those tripods with a flat top?

I've got a tripod with a 2" flat top to it with set screws that come up from the bottom for anti-rotation, but they are at about 1 1/2" diameter and don't catch the anvil-30's little base.

Have you made any adapters that just have a thru 3/8 hole and an anti rotation pin for those tripods with a flat top?

I've got a tripod with a 2" flat top to it with set screws that come up from the bottom for anti-rotation, but they are at about 1 1/2" diameter and don't catch the anvil-30's little base.
If you want to sent me a few pictures I may be able to

Attachments

• TA-2-APF-Series-2-Tripod-Anvil-Platform.main-1.png
    TA-2-APF-Series-2-Tripod-Anvil-Platform.main-1.png
    147.6 KB · Views: 74
  • TA-2-APF-Series-2-Tripod-Anvil-Platform.main-2.png
    TA-2-APF-Series-2-Tripod-Anvil-Platform.main-2.png
    453.9 KB · Views: 72
  • TA-3-APF-Series-3-Tripod-Anvil-Platform.main-1.png
    TA-3-APF-Series-3-Tripod-Anvil-Platform.main-1.png
    223 KB · Views: 72
  • TA-3-APF-Series-3-Tripod-Anvil-Platform.main-2.png
    TA-3-APF-Series-3-Tripod-Anvil-Platform.main-2.png
    235.7 KB · Views: 67
If you want to sent me a few pictures I may be able to
Yeah I'll work on a sketch. Should be a fairly simple small part. I could make it, but I haven't messed with Cerakote yet and want it coated. No Cerakote applicators around here I don't think. What is the taper on the Anvil base?
Yeah except those might be too thick to get the 3/8" bolt sticking out the top of the plate to attach to the anvil. Would have to end up milling the bottom off to make it work. Any word on when the next batch of Anvil-30s is supposed to be done?

I am suggesting you mount the Anvil to the adapter with the 4 screws through the holes. Then you can screw it on to your tripod with the 3/8" stud, The 4 hole pattern can then possibly be used to put a safety/anti twist screw up into to make sure you cant spin it off. Ive done this on a friends tripod, just measure where the holes lined up drilled a hole in his platform, tapped it, and instant anti-twist

Should be fully out of backorder by end of next week so order now if you want to wait less time. We don't actually charge until our stuff ships. The initial charge is just a fraud authorization check and then it drops a few days later, depending on your bank.

The 3 series adapter doesn’t work on this tripod. The diameter is too small on the adapter. Ask me how I know.

For those wanting some insight on the difference b/n the Innorel and Arctise versions of this tripod...

Amazon has the Arctise AS90C available as a Prime product sold by “USA Innorel” with approx 2 day shipping.

Amazon seller “Innorel Official Store” sells the actual Innorel RT90C. Estimated shipping is 4-6 weeks (from China I assume). I emailed them (I.O.S.) about the difference b/n these two tripods. Here is the quote from their reply:

Hello, our INNOREL RT90C has an all CNC metal adapter which is better than the Artcise RT90C.
We are sister companies and the tripods are same basically.
Hope helps.
Regards.

Since I’m in no real hurry and I preferred to have the CNC version that is regarded to as being “better,” I went with the Innorel. Take from this what you will. Hope it helps someone else make their decision also.

The 3 series adapter doesn’t work on this tripod. The diameter is too small on the adapter. Ask me how I know.
True that is larger than the 3 series its more like the 4 series we carry.
To be exact, what I was talking about above was someone putting it on a tripod that doesn't have the ability to remove the center platform and just mount it to a stud built into the top of the tripod apex. Most of the older tripods that were popular in shooting awhile ago are like that and some of the lighter weight models.

We don't have any plans in mind to make something for this larger size that is in this thread since it is being made, with what looks like a good end result and comments. We try not to make products that are already made, made well, and solve a problem.

Keep at it @midwestoffroad

For those wanting some insight on the difference b/n the Innorel and Arctise versions of this tripod...

Amazon has the Arctise AS90C available as a Prime product sold by “USA Innorel” with approx 2 day shipping.

Amazon seller “Innorel Official Store” sells the actual Innorel RT90C. Estimated shipping is 4-6 weeks (from China I assume). I emailed them (I.O.S.) about the difference b/n these two tripods. Here is the quote from their reply:

Hello, our INNOREL RT90C has an all CNC metal adapter which is better than the Artcise RT90C.
Hope helps.
Regards.

Since I’m in no real hurry and I preferred to have the CNC version that is regarded to as being “better,” I went with the Innorel. Take from this what you will. Hope it helps someone else make their decision also.
For reference, I ordered mine on 4/1 and received it on 4/13.

Well thanks to this thread and a helpful suggestion I ordered the LT364C (1 lb lighter than the RT90C and slightly shorter). None of my rifles use ARCA mounts, what would be the preferred method for rifle attachment. I'm thinking the PIG Saddle attached directly to the factory leveler plate?

Thanks again for the information!

It’s an adapter plate that replaces the universal adapter plate that comes with the RT90C with one that is specifically designed to mate with the RRS Anvil 30 head.

Edit: See post #508 earlier in this thread for some pics of the early version of the adapter plate.

Last edited:
It’s an adapter plate that replaces the universal adapter plate that comes with the RT90C with one that is specifically designed to mate with the RRS Anvil 30 head.

Edit: See post #508 earlier in this thread for some pics of the early version of the adapter plate.
There are several versions at this point, No? Depending on what Anvil 30 set up you have?

Anvil-30-Ballhead.+ Anvil-3 Platform Adapter (For RRS Series 3 Tripods)_01.png
Anvil-30-Ballhead.+ Anvil-2 Platform Adapter (For RRS Series 2 Tripods)_01.png
Anvil-30-Ballhead.Head Only (No Adapter)_01.png

If I find the factory leveler plate unsuitable are there recommendations for a 75mm replacement?

I went back through the thread and saw the "YB-75LC" was recommended but I can no longer find the "LC" variant, only the "MP" ( https://www.amazon.com/LEOFOTO-YB-75MP-Levelling-Adapter-Tripod/dp/B0815YR5RG )

Regardless, if anyone could provide their first hand experience in swapping out their factory leveler plate with an improved one I would love to hear it. From my basic understanding it sounds like the leveler plate would be slightly more sturdy over a ball head and slightly cheaper at the same time (just not provide extended elevation adjustment).

I swapped out the stock ball for the Leofoto with the quick release. So far its worked out great. It does need a little oil/Grease from time to time but mine gets dusty from riding in the side by side. Very stable though, when walking I use the tripod harness on my shoulder and just tighten the ball so the gun doesn't move.

Attachments

• 20210119_180333.jpg
    20210119_180333.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 146
  • 20210119_173159.jpg
    20210119_173159.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 137
  • 20210119_173206.jpg
    20210119_173206.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 133
Here in the rolling hills I have zero need for a ball mount or other device to shoot extreme angles. This RRS quick adapter mounted directly to the leveling base has been an ideal solution for me. Works great and has plenty of movenment for shooting ground rats one minute and sparrows perched in a tree the next.

Attachments

• E9034137-7CDA-4341-A9D1-42DBF5F45698.jpeg
    E9034137-7CDA-4341-A9D1-42DBF5F45698.jpeg
    739.5 KB · Views: 217
  • 55A7805C-5127-4531-9189-61D40E9E46C2.jpeg
    55A7805C-5127-4531-9189-61D40E9E46C2.jpeg
    731 KB · Views: 206
Here in the rolling hills I have zero need for a ball mount or other device to shoot extreme angles. This RRS quick adapter mounted directly to the leveling base has been an ideal solution for me. Works great and has plenty of movenment for shooting ground rats one minute and sparrows perched in a tree the next.
can you post pics of max / min up/down angles?

can you post pics of max / min up/down angles?
Yeh I’m loading it up tonight to do some sparrow control on a jobsite tommorow. I’ll post in a bit.

Attachments

• 4C6A8272-940D-45FB-9229-A8A497CA7FF1.jpeg
    4C6A8272-940D-45FB-9229-A8A497CA7FF1.jpeg
    554.7 KB · Views: 212
  • A5610934-9CFC-403E-AA0C-33C8E20F9155.jpeg
    A5610934-9CFC-403E-AA0C-33C8E20F9155.jpeg
    527.4 KB · Views: 203
Yeh I’m loading it up tonight to do some sparrow control on a jobsite tommorow. I’ll post in a bit.
@demolitionman :
That does look like a decent amount of travel.

To clarify—you’re running just the leveling base that came with the Innnorel tripod, or is that the midwestoffroad base?

How quick and solid is it to get in position and lock everything down tight for a stable shot?

Last edited:

Hope helps.
Regards.

Keep searching Amazon. I ran into the same issue.
There is a “Innorel Official Store” selling the RT90c with Prime shipping. Right now they show 19 available with delivery tomorrow. That is where I got mine.

And for me, Midwestoffroad is Good to Go dude to deal with. Totally awesome helping me out.

@demolitionman :

To clarify—you’re running just the leveling base that came with the Innnorel tripod, or is that the midwestoffroad base?

How quick and solid is it to get in position and lock everything down tight for a stable shot?

If you need more travel a ballhead would offer about twice as much.

@demolitionman :

Here are a few pictures of my hunting setup with the midwestoffroad adapter with a RRS Anvil 30 on a RT90c. I have all the travel I could ever need for an uphill or downhill shot and it is very stable. The lever on the Anvil can be set so you can pan and tilt fast or slow and it locks up super tight. You can use it with ARCA or picatinny.
20210116_133038.jpg
20201206_154616.jpg
20201206_154356.jpg