• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Impressed with Sig 716

messer454

Private
Minuteman
Mar 31, 2008
Seems like about 2 years ago that I heard about the Sig 716 .308 while I was at an armorer's school. Then a buddy saw one at the SHOT show 2 years ago and was quite impressed with the design. I saw my first one a couple of weeks ago in a local gunshop. It came with flip up sights, sling, quick detach sling swivels, rail covers, hard case, and awesome back pack tactical type soft case. It also came with a P-Mag. I probably paid too much but it is a good shop with great guys and I like to support the locals.

I threw a scope on it that was too high and shot two groups that were about 1 1/2 inches but the trigger was 7.5 lbs!!

I finally got a Gisella SSA trigger installed and robbed a Leupold Mark AR off another rifle. Today from a bench that was a bit wobbly I shot a 100 yard group that was an honest 1.091 outside to outside. So I estimate the group to be .783 center to center. I didn't have much time so I only fired the one group. I have 19 rounds fired so the rifle isn't even broken in yet. Trying to find a way with spare parts to rig a bipod before my Larue QD comes in. I think that will be more stable than the portable "bench" I have.

Here is the group described above. I am pretty impressed with the rifle so far. Federal 168 gr. Gold Medal Match.

Rifle

p1070736s.jpg

Shot at 2012-05-11

Re: Impressed with Sig 716

I don't know why there are so many sig haters out there. I've heard and seen nothing but good things about them! Please keep posting more groups after your bipod comes in.