• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

in the market for a dodge ram 3500

trim package....i duno. tradesman version?; chrome bumpers and wheels, power windows, locks, 4 full size doors, back up camera which i found out yesterday when the fucker started beeping at me, NO CD player (guess i'll have to get an ithingy now, damn it!), i just assumed they all came with CD players. it has all the blue tooth, XM radio, i-whatever ports bullshit i'll never use.

i miss driving a stick, but with all the BS city driving i do i all over pittsburgh everyday, i hate it. if i ever get another late 90s trans am or camaro, it's gonna be a stick though.

Sounds like the same trim as mine. My C.D. player was buried in the far bottom console between the front seats. Same place I keep a 1911. Not very handy, but I am enjoying the XM radio instead. I tend to listen to a lot of Willie's Road House. My boys were with me yesterday in truck and Tom T. Hall was teaching them the good lessons in life. Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey and more money. LOL. My wife would be so proud.

I'm not big listening to the radio. I won't be home til Sunday night to look for the CD player. What do you mean far bottom consol between the seats?

There is another storage compartment under the middle front seat. I usually have the center console/arm rest flopped down so it makes it annoying to get to. Its right under the bottom middle cushion and it flips up and back. I don't have a full length console in mine. Just a jump seat/console.

After driving mostly Ford pickups literally since high school (that's 30 years ago...) I got so disgusted by my local dealer that 18 months ago, I bought a Ram 3500 Cummins. I use it to haul a large car trailer and for plowing. So the diesel and 3500 are basically a requirement.

I never had any issues w. my Ford trucks. Most were V10's, which were ok, but huge gas suckers. I got Christmas cards from OPEC. I had one Ford Diesel, a 2008, which I loved. But sold it with low miles to get a crew cab V10.

The only reason I checked out a Cummins was a lousy dealer for Ford. But I have been nothing but delighted with the truck, a 2012 diesel crew cab 4x4. Single rear wheels. I actually think the engine is superb. Lots of torque. Good mileage on interstate. But what I have found really nice are the cab and the ergonomics. Every time I think "hey, it would be nice if there were a... Look, they thought of it! There is one!" I think it's a much more solid truck than my last two F250's. And when I was truck shopping in 2012, Ford's new diesel... was brand new. And I won't buy a first year engine of any kind.

So far, the only issue I have had with my ram is occasional Check Engine light coming on, probably due to diesel fuel. It resets itself, mostly. And one recall for tie rod end that the dealer fixed. I am not necessarily a "Convert" as I am probably in the minority of folks who thinks that under the different sheetmetal, most trucks are about the same. I shop based on the quality of service and dealer... It costs me a lot more in time to deal with a worthless service dept. than a few bucks on purchase price. But so far, very happy with the Ram.

YMMV, As Seen on TV, Offer Not Valid in Delaware, etc.

Cheers,

Sirhr

I have a 2006 cummins. I really like the pre-dpf stuff. 400 bucks for a gutted exhaust picked up a bunch or torque and it sounds like a peterbilt! Just be prepared to put ball joints on it on a regular basis... shitty design I guess

In our construction company we have owned Fords and Dodges, we get much better service and less break-downs with the Dodges. Got to admit, I am a full fledged Mopar nut! That goes back to my 69' Roadrunner (that I still own).

so i have had the new 2014 cummins 2500 for a week, but have only driven it for 3 days (we were out of town fri-sat-sun). i put almost 400 miles on it so far.

first impressions:

CONS:
i really miss my 350! i like this truck, but i am not in love with it yet.

the mirrors suck ass for backing up. they are too small and are positioned too close to the driver. backing up into peoples driveways is going to be awkward for a bit until i figure something out with the mirrors or my muscle memory from the 350. i can't see the tires and i am going to be running into peoples yards off the driveways which is not good. don't wanna turf up their yards.

not enough head room. i am always whacking my head off the damn door jam or ceiling when backing up trying too see out of the shitty tiny mirrors.

it's too quiet to be a diesel.

PROS:
POWER!!! that's all i gotta say about that! i'm gonna be going thru a good bit of tires. hahaha

rides better than my 350. the 350 was stiff and bouncy. this is stiff and tight. not a bad ride at all. tons of room with the 4 full size doors.

i only towed the machine around my local town real quick yesterday. the truck didn't miss a beat. i am glad i got the diesel.

it's nice and quiet. even though it sounds like a small piece of farm equipment, i don't want to listen to that all day. same reason when i had to get a new exhaust for my 350. i got a flow master, but i got the quiet muffler.

NEUTRAL:
14mpg. the dash tells me i get 17mpg, but the math says 14mpg.

it handles...well...like a truck. it is 2' longer than my 350. i could whip my 350 around pretty well around the city. tight turns, in and out of parking spaces, forwards, backwards, tight driveways, didn't matter. maybe i just have to get used to the new one before i can be as efficient.

oh yeah, the fucking mirrors suck! lol

I have a 2006 cummins. I really like the pre-dpf stuff. 400 bucks for a gutted exhaust picked up a bunch or torque and it sounds like a peterbilt! Just be prepared to put ball joints on it on a regular basis... shitty design I guess

Insist on Moog,only Moog ball joints. They are American made and the only ones that are both greasable. Then grease them every couple of months. You wont change near so many.