• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Inch pound tool

Large at home tools are nice until you have to bring them out of the house. The fix it sticks are a nice compact set and easy to use at home or at the range or match. I have a set in my match pack.

I've been considering buying a second set for the bench because I have a fear that I will forget to put them back in my bag after using them and need them at a match or something
I suspect if I check my kids rooms and added it all up there is probably 5-6 set in the house between range bags gun room and small purpose built sets

• Haha
Reactions: Taylorbok
Stop being poor and hire qualified dudes to do it for you. The dude I hired to load my mags is awesome. The dude I hired to caddy my gear at classes is second to none. The dude I hired to keep me fed and hydrated makes me a perfectly grilled Ribeye during breaks at Pew Camp. My personal armorer keeps all my Pew Toys cleaned, lubed and in perfect operating condition.

Stop wasting your life doing things for yourself that you can pay others to do for you.

Large at home tools are nice until you have to bring them out of the house. The fix it sticks are a nice compact set and easy to use at home or at the range or match. I have a set in my match pack.

I don't think people understand how compact a proper torque wrench is in the torque range we're discussing.

This is a Tohnichi RTD series torque driver. Superior to fixit sticks and chinesium garbage like the Wheeler wrench. If this doesn't fit in your range bag, then you have too much useless shit in your range bag.

20240524_112718.jpg

I don't think people understand how compact a proper torque wrench is in the torque range we're discussing.

This is a Tohnichi RTD series torque driver. Superior to fixit sticks and chinesium garbage like the Wheeler wrench. If this doesn't fit in your range bag, then you have too much useless shit in your range bag.

View attachment 8424794
Ok I here ya !!!

View attachment 8424794

I was talking about the one pictured before my post but Fix It Sticks are not just a torque wrench so they do more than just torque which makes them a better pack tool to carry.

Reactions: carbonbased
I have an old "Hazard Fraught" inch pound torque wrench and a Wiha inch pound screwdriver I use. My company bought a bunch of the Wiha torque screwdrivers that were voltage rated but unfortunately cannot be recalibrated so when recalibration dates came along they threw them in the trash. I dug a couple out of the trash and never looked back.

Reactions: oldrifleman

View attachment 8424794
What's the max setting on that unit? (my google fu is weak right now)
I still like my fixit sticks but that looks far superior to the fat wrench I have in my tool box

What's the max setting on that unit? (my google fu is weak right now)
I still like my fixit sticks but that looks far superior to the fat wrench I have in my tool box

Most appropriate tohnichi drivers for gun work are probably the 6-22 lb-in or 10-40 lb-in LTD or RTD series for the low end and the 20-90 lb-in LTD series for the high end. Those two will cover pretty much the entire range of scope mount and action screw torque.

The RTD is a slip through clutch style and the most fool proof, while the LTD can be tightened past the set torque if you don't feel the set point being reached, but unfortunately the highest capacity slip through RTD series only goes up to 40 lb-in.

A mountz fga80 driver will cover 8-80 lb-in (at the expense of a little less accuracy & repeatability than the tohnichi drivers) so a single driver will work for pretty much every fastener torque on a gun. It's also a slip through clutch style so it's pretty much foolproof. However it's much more expensive and needs a battery, but the single mountz fga80 is about the same price as 2 tohnichi drivers.

Snap On also sells a 4-80 lb-in digital torque screwdriver but it's even more expensive than the mountz, however it offers a little better accuracy and repeatability and can also do angle and torque+angle if needed. It is not a slip through clutch style like the tohnichi RTD or mountz fga80, so you have to pay attention and stop when it indicates or you'll over torque the fastener.

At this point we're getting into rather expensive tools for precision/delicate production work (or for those that just like to spend money on nice tools) but I'm just pointing out what is available. (I'm not even getting into data logging torque tools for full production traceability and SPC, those are several orders of magnitude more expensive and not needed for home use, lol)

Last edited:
Most appropriate tohnichi drivers for gun work are probably the 6-22 lb-in or 10-40 lb-in LTD or RTD series for the low end and the 20-90 lb-in LTD series for the high end. Those two will cover pretty much the entire range of scope mount and action screw torque.

The RTD is a slip through clutch style and the most fool proof, while the LTD can be tightened past the set torque if you don't feel the set point being reached, but unfortunately the highest capacity slip through RTD series only goes up to 40 lb-in.

A mountz fga80 driver will cover 8-80 lb-in (at the expense of a little less accuracy & repeatability than the tohnichi drivers) so a single driver will work for pretty much every fastener torque on a gun, but it's much more expensive and needs a battery. However, the single mountz fga80 is about the same price as 2 tohnichi drivers.
Ok will look at thanks