• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Incoming Auburn professor won’t say ‘War Eagle’ because it contains the word ‘war’

You know... I get a lot of time to think while watching chips fly off machines and playing in the workshops at Schloss Nitrocellulose.

And I have started to wonder if liberalism is actually 'really' a mental disorder.

Allow me to offer my conjecture.... We are all familiar with Psychopathy. It is a lack of empathy. It is not a mental disorder that makes people collect moths and put lotion in a basket. It is simply that psychopaths can do this sort of thing without remorse. It's a real, documented and legitimate psychological status. I won't call it an illness or a disease. It is simply a state of being that many have. And a few turn into something monstorous.

So if the 'lack of empathy' is at one end of a spectrum of some kind... is there something at the other end of the spectrum which is 'Far too much Empathy?" In other words... a mental state where you can't help yourself but to get worked into a frenzy over EVERYONE else and EVERYTHING else that is not you, yourself and your individual situation? It stands to reason that is Psychopathy is one end of the scale.... then the other end of the spectrum would be people who are so disturbed by their empathy for everything from Polar Bears to Starving African Kids to Swedish Retards named Greta to Cattle (my dinner) to Dogs on Leashes to... you name it. They can't go through life for one minute without getting wound into a knot empathizing with everything in sight, to the point that they cannot function without trying to right every wrong, free every Rhesus Monkey, Save every Seal, break down over every slur... and have to spend their mentally-deranged lives forcing their empathy on everyone else?

I have never looked into it, really. But is liberalism really just the flip side of Psychopathy?

There have been some interesting historical/scientific (refereed) papers published on how societies decline when they get successful enough to allow a Leisure Class and an Academic Class to start destroying the basic survival principles. And they are good, thought-provoking pieces that I think have merit.

Has anyone ever done a scientific paper, study or research project to offer up a psychological explanation for the "over-Empathizing" personality and to try and put it on a spectrum somewhere? And question the impact of those folks on political discourse?

Liberalism is a disease is a mantra that I've had for some time. But until the last couple of years, never really tried to put some scientific method around my personal viewpoint. So we have an hypothesis.... needs a conjecture, a study, a theory and some conclusions.

Maybe someone beat us to it?

Cheers,

Sirhr

Paragraph 4, "worked into a frenzy" "hyper empathy"

Hysteria....
Hysterical....
Spoiled screaming brat that wont stop until they get their way.
Lack of emotional control.
Narcissism

It's in DSM4.....

Got a feeling these Jews wouldn't have any trouble screaming War Eagle:
IDF-WOMEN-SOLDIERS-ISRAEL.jpg

"Lecturers" are at the bottom of the faculty salary scale and many are only on 9 month contracts. And Auburn ain't the cheapest place in AL to live. So if he comes and if he stays, he ain't going to be getting rich. He's probably also one of those folks w/ $100k+ in student loan debt and expecting it to be forgiven. I'm curious to hear about his efforts to hang with his bros in the local hoods.

Much trust fund guilt in this one... probably has a Tesla and lives on a stipend from daddy the lawyer.

As for hanging with his ‘homies...

Clint should have saved the neighbor and thrown the moonbat to the dawgs. Been more fun to watch.

Sirhr

PS, if he has a doctorate... try student loan debt of $500k depending on schools. $100k doesn’t get you out of 4 years at ‘state now!

Reactions: Waorani
We need Joe McCarthy to head into the Universities....

I dont disagree with either professors right to profess their dumb views but their expectation that no one would counter them or they would prevent an opposing view is a real problem.

I hit "Like", but you're kidding yourself it you don't think they're already in Athens (AND Tuscaloosa, AND Gainsville, AND etc, etc).
@8pointer hit it on the head about him being there a) to purposely spread the SJW doctrine, and b) to look for an opportunity to sue. If you look closely at his Twitter avatar, the caption by his picture says, "Another university IS possible." In other words, he's not even trying to hide it. Their plan is to spread their mental disease throughout the country one university at a time, even the most conservative ones. Dude is straight-up Antifa.

I'd love to hear the noise that comes out of that when he goes overboard arguning his bullshit and someone punches him in his mouth.

I can't remember if it was Solzhenistyn or someone else (could also have been in Hoess' book), but they had a part of a book where they listed some 'truths' they had learned while imprisoned. I remember one of them being something like 'the fastest way to win an argument with self righteous intellectuals was to simply punch them in the face'.

Reactions: ... and MtnCreek
So, lemme get this straight.

"that" applied for the job.
"that" interviewed for the job.
"that" accepted the job offer.

Are ya'll saying that "supporting the employer and its endeavours" is somehow NOT written into 'the job' somewhere, in the fine print, under sub-section marked paragraph whatever?

Fired For Cause, as far as I'm concerned. They make cardboard boxes under overpasses every day, for "that's" like that.

I hit "Like", but you're kidding yourself it you don't think they're already in Athens (AND Tuscaloosa, AND Gainsville, AND etc, etc).
@8pointer hit it on the head about him being there a) to purposely spread the SJW doctrine, and b) to look for an opportunity to sue. If you look closely at his Twitter avatar, the caption by his picture says, "Another university IS possible." In other words, he's not even trying to hide it. Their plan is to spread their mental disease throughout the country one university at a time, even the most conservative ones. Dude is straight-up Antifa.
They're in Athens for sure. Ag hill is still relatively normal though.

I predict an ass whooping in this guys future . Martial arts my hairy ass!

I live in 'Bama now, never understood War Eagle. I thought they were the Tigers, yet they have an eagle too. 'Bama schools have an identity crisis. War Eagle/Tiger. Crimson Tide (ok, it's microscopic mind you) and an Elephant.

Seriously, that guy is a twerp!!!!!!!!

Gender, uh, I mean species confused?

That may be part of the problem.

That I am a scientist in particular, or that scientists exist in general?

I have been in research for almost 3 decades, and have always been 100% research (ie. Soft money; My contracts pay the salary and benefits for my whole team, plus the Indirect cost to the university). So my only sin is feeding the beast.

If we as a nation abolish police and prisons the death penalty will be applied willfully. This dumbass wants blood in the streets.

I'd still prefer to shower at Penn State than root for OSU.:p
why, oh why did you have to go there?? I spent 2 semesters at Penn State before I was appointed to the Academy... I feel pride in that school and find it abhorrent that people still bring that history up as a joke... I have followed you here and enjoyed your postings.. but this was to much...

• Wow
Reactions: Bolo
well Eddie, I would hope a person who is mature enough to want to defend the nation would also be mature enough to not blame an entire institution and it's people... no one in that community is proud of what this person did... it isn't a joke, just a cheap laugh from children with years behind them

why, oh why did you have to go there?? I spent 2 semesters at Penn State before I was appointed to the Academy... I feel pride in that school and find it abhorrent that people still bring that history up as a joke... I have followed you here and enjoyed your postings.. but this was to much...
and Bolo.... you will note that I did not mention OSU's problem with the history with the wrestling team... consider glass houses.... and yes, I know you aren't a Buckeye

well Eddie, I would hope a person who is mature enough to want to defend the nation would also be mature enough to not blame an entire institution and it's people... no one in that community is proud of what this person did... it isn't a joke, just a cheap laugh from children with years behind them

This forum may be a bit too "uncultured" for you. Or perhaps blocking those who offend your sensibilities may help. Gonna be a long list.

I would think a person who defended their nation would have a little thicker skin.

This forum may be a bit too "uncultured" for you. Or perhaps blocking those who offend your sensibilities may help. Gonna be a long list.

I would think a person who defended their nation would have a little thicker skin.
I don't worry about my skin... never have, never will.... I do worry about what is right despite ironic humor... as to the uncultured part, I went to an excellent school, but don't mistake it for one of the ivy leftist schools... culture to us was, is and always has been this country... that I do take pride in

oh the irony of it all... LOL...... I would rather talk about how many Dim's are going to get BJ's from Kamiltoe this week to secure the VP nod

I can tell you unequivocally and as a scientific fact that anyone who writes a poen with the word ”Oeuvre” in it three times will not make it ten feet in a world where there are no police to enforce consequences of crimes. That guy would be like a puggle among wolves. What a moron.

Reactions: Forgetful Coyote
I still rock all my Lions gear proudly, still have a photo signed by Joe Pa, and will gladly go to the mat for the only D1 program that never used an academic exemption to field a football team.
As I tell my boys, it's college football, not football college.
All in good fun... at least we can agree on one thing- neither one of us is rooting for Michigan.
And I still hold out hope that Jerry Sandusky takes a BBC every two hours with prison yard sand for lube.

Reactions: EddieNFL
I still rock all my Lions gear proudly, still have a photo signed by Joe Pa, and will gladly go to the mat for the only D1 program that never used an academic exemption to field a football team.
As I tell my boys, it's college football, not football college.
All in good fun... at least we can agree on one thing- neither one of us is rooting for Michigan.
And I still hold out hope that Jerry Sandusky takes a BBC every two hours with prison yard sand for lube.
hahaha.... gosh, I had you wrong for a second Bolo... glad you wrote this... I feel like a jerk for the way I reacted to you, forgive me, will you? and Muck Fichigan

hahaha.... gosh, I had you wrong for a second Bolo... glad you wrote this... I feel like a jerk for the way I reacted to you, forgive me, will you? and Muck Fichigan
Zero offense taken / zero fucks given. ;)
FWIW, I get to far more Black Knights games than ones in Happy Valley these days.
#GoArmyBeatNavy
(flame on!)

Last edited:
[ZerQUOTE="hunter1959, post: 8745185, member: 147811"]
Zero offense taken / zero fucks given. ;)
FWIW, I get to far more Black Knights games than ones in Happy Valley these days.
#GoArmyBeatNavy
(flame on!)
[/QUOTE]
hahahahahaha.... that one I can take... :):)

Well, as an academic I can tell everyone “...it really is as bad as you believe it to be”. But I like your argument and suggest a new term for it: HyperEmpathy.

I don't think it's empathy at all, nor do I think that Goldberg or Lax are sufficiently developed to be capable of empathy. At best, it is HyperArrogance.

The microscopic vacuum chamber in which these two guys have spent their lives becoming intellectually petrified is specifically designed to morally sanitize and avoid cross contamination with with opinions not deemed sacrosanct by the NYT. They are jackasses who assail anyone and anything not like them. They mindlessly spew dogma and want to destroy any idea that doesn't align.

It is at least as bad, and probably much worse than most people would allow themselves to think.

The way the bear pit works: This is now officially the penn state shower thread.

Exactly!

You would think that someone in product planning would have said.. “ahhh do you think this is a good idea?”

That said, if someone ever makes a Kent State Rifle Team sweatshirt, I am buying it!!!!

Sirhr

Reactions: EddieNFL
I don't think it's empathy at all, nor do I think that Goldberg or Lax are sufficiently developed to be capable of empathy. At best, it is HyperArrogance.

The microscopic vacuum chamber in which these two guys have spent their lives becoming intellectually petrified is specifically designed to morally sanitize and avoid cross contamination with with opinions not deemed sacrosanct by the NYT. They are jackasses who assail anyone and anything not like them. They mindlessly spew dogma and want to destroy any idea that doesn't align.

It is at least as bad, and probably much worse than most people would allow themselves to think.

I agree, HyperArrogance is probably a more accurate term for this idiot. He is spewing BS to get attention and fill his classes. Unfortunately the universities are too scared of litigation to intervene.