• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Inexpensive Trainer Scope - SWFA Supersniper?

treillw

Private
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2017
Looking for an inexpensive scope to throw on a ruger american, or similar rifle to use as a trainer rifle & lightweight hunting rifle for my wife. Want around 3x on the low end and would be nice to be above 10x on the high end. Anyone have experience with the SWFA Supersniper? Other suggestions? Thanks!

https://swfa.com/catalog/product/view/id/113813/

I've spoken with hundreds of 3-15 owners (I make a zero stop kit for them), and I've not yet heard of anyone reporting problems. I have 3 of the fixed power versions, and they are all amazing values.

My son and I both have 3-15 SS. Neither has had any issues, both get used pretty often at 900 plus. I need to get up to Flagstaff and do a side by side with Steve's Athlon's...

If its a training rifle for competition, I would suggest the same scope you run on your competition rifle? If its just training for shooting in general, and you have several other optics of various kinds on your other rifles, then I would suggest an Athlon - they are a really good value. I have heard a lot of good things about the SWFA's as well, but don't have any personal experience with them, so can't recommend them.

Have some of the swfa (3-9hd, 3-15 etc) all have worked flawlessly. For the money it is a good scope, the fixed powers are probably best bang for buck but variables are good too.