• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Inflation.......... ?

When the ATMs and banks close, cash will be king for a while, then people will figure out its just fiat currency and it will be worthless. Have enough cash for about two months.

We'll be in a barter economy for a while.

More importantly, know the difference between money and currency? That's when you pick up bargains.

When the ATMs and banks close, cash will be king for a while, then people will figure out its just fiat currency and it will be worthless. Have enough cash for about two months.

We'll be in a barter economy for a while.

More importantly, know the difference between money and currency? That's when you pick up bargains.
True.... After cash is no longer good, some junk silver will carry us a little longer as payment. But, as you say, barter has been around since the beginning of time and will out live us all. As with previous cultures, "markets" will be where commerce is conducted. We are closer to a third world country than most realize. Just imagine what fresh milk, straight from the cow will be worth.

Worldwide..

South Korea’s central bank has announced its first ever half-percentage-point rate increase, joining the aggressive policy tightening by the U.S. Federal Reserve and other central banks to tackle high inflation. Analysts forecast more rate increases down the road.

Worldwide

WELLINGTON, New Zealand—New Zealand’s central bank raised its benchmark interest rate by 50 basis points for a third consecutive meeting Wednesday, as it tries to dampen decades-high inflation, and vowed further increases.

62a721b40bbfdfab.png

Inflation will continue as long as the US Government continues to run the printing presses and hand out free money... The list of recipients is long, foreign countries, lazy Americans, corrupt mega corporations, politicians.... When something is "free" for so long, it looses it's value.

That is the level of inflation in my industry. I know it's not a perfect calculation, but we haven't invested in any new equipment and our work force is the same size.
Thanks for clearing that up. Your management is fortunate to "pass through" the inflation while sustaining the business operation. During previous recessions many companies attempted to absorb some of the inflation and the results were bad for the company. Have shortages in the supply chain impacted your business ?

The 10yr yield is currently sitting about 50 bps lower than a month ago. Feels a bit weird with what one presumes are a series of significant rate hikes.

Also, the Euro broke below $1. Hasn't been this low since late 2002.
All of those foreign countries have (financially) climbed aboard the one remaining life boat from the USS America. Watching a storm brewing from an over loaded life boat brings some sobering thoughts.
images

Thanks for clearing that up. Your management is fortunate to "pass through" the inflation while sustaining the business operation. During previous recessions many companies attempted to absorb some of the inflation and the results were bad for the company. Have shortages in the supply chain impacted your business ?
We have definitely had supply chain issues. We were fortunate that one of our bigger competitors filed for bankruptcy and allowed us to raise prices to keep up with the increases in our costs.

We have definitely had supply chain issues. We were fortunate that one of our bigger competitors filed for bankruptcy and allowed us to raise prices to keep up with the increases in our costs.
LOL was very wise Sun Tzu

“Rapidity is the essence of war: take advantage of the enemy's unreadiness, make your way by unexpected routes, and attack unguarded spots.”​

― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Reactions: tomcatmv
From JW Rawles over in Idaho:
One troubling note: Standard (traditional “small square”) bales were selling for $130 per ton last year. This year they are $225 per ton. And that is hay coming from the same hay farmer, at his “picking up your own bales in the field, and you haul” price! But I should count my blessings. I heard that the hay situation in drought-stricken Texas is so bad that hay is selling for $85+ per bale, in some Texas counties!

Reactions: NoDopes
Former FED board member says let the inflation rip!

Here is the money shot I got from his comments.
The bad news would be if the Fed caves into the enormous pressures it will face because of the rising cost of servicing our ballooning national debt and does not raise interest rates sufficiently to beat down inflation now.

5% of Americans are braced for this outcome. The rest will suffer.

images

Reactions: NoDopes
Producer Price Index is higher than the Consumer Price Index, signals continued inflation. Numbers I see put it in the teens for FY23. Also watch the food stamp/SNAP and how much they adjust those up that will tell you how much the GOV is seeing good inflation which is not included in the

Worldwide

Nymex natural gas for August delivery was quoted at $6.49/MMBtu in Friday's session, good for a nearly 70% climb in the year-to-date. The gains come despite a sharp increase in U.S. production to record highs as well as forecasts for lower gas demand over the next two weeks.

Reactions: devildog93
I take my gas cans to town and fill them on payday (once a month).
Total for today was $132.37 ($4.739 / gallon)
Last year that 26 gallon fill up would have been about $80..... Roughly a 60% increase in fuel cost for a 4 wheeler and riding mower only.
I'm beginning to think when I say my personal inflation is up 20% I need to track my expenses a lot closer.
IMG_6692.JPG

• Sad
Reactions: babyguppy
I take my gas cans to town and fill them on payday (once a month).
Total for today was $132.37 ($4.739 / gallon)
Last year that 26 gallon fill up would have been about $80..... Roughly a 60% increase in fuel cost for a 4 wheeler and riding mower only.
I'm beginning to think when I say my personal inflation is up 20% I need to track my expenses a lot closer.
View attachment 7914711
you could always do a break down of usage, then do a weighted average on costs to figure out what 'your' personal expense inflation percent really is. Make your own CPI
bottom line, it must be putin's fault.. or oil Companies' fault. We at the point to start blaming Monkey Pox? We all know, it's NOT the Dem's anti oil and gas agenda, cause CNN tells me so. LOL ;)

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
From JW Rawles over in Idaho:
One troubling note: Standard (traditional “small square”) bales were selling for $130 per ton last year. This year they are $225 per ton. And that is hay coming from the same hay farmer, at his “picking up your own bales in the field, and you haul” price! But I should count my blessings. I heard that the hay situation in drought-stricken Texas is so bad that hay is selling for $85+ per bale, in some Texas counties!

Bales of hyagrazer have $120 of cost in each one in this part of Texas due to the increased prices of everything (gas, fertilizer, netting/twine, etc) and the low yields because of no rain. Sale barns have been full due to lack of water and grass, and people are begging for hay. Some is being stolen if it isnt secured, but that happens every drought. I would not want to get caught by the rancher, and Im not 100% sure the grand jury would even take it to trial if death wasn't involved. A prosecutor wouldn't want me on the jury I can tell you that.

you could always do a break down of usage, then do a weighted average on costs to figure out what 'your' personal expense inflation percent really is. Make your own CPI
bottom line, it must be putin's fault.. or oil Companies' fault. We at the point to start blaming Monkey Pox? We all know, it's NOT the Dem's anti oil and gas agenda, cause CNN tells me so. LOL ;)
I appreciate dry humor as well as witty scarcasm ....... Remember, I am a charter member of the "Poor's Brigade". If gas get's really expensive or a rationing shortage, I can let my grass grow waist high.... No CCR's here on the homestead. I pump irrigation water so there is no water bill.
Believe it or not, if conditions get really bad, I will just do without. I have experience doing that... LOL

I raise my own apple fed deer, also. Photo taken from my kitchen door yesterday.
Putin may be doing us a favor.

IMG_6688.JPG

Not only are they charging us more for the gas but they are doing something to it to share you don’t get the miles you used to. I used to be able to mow my front yard without having to fill up, now I get half the front done before I got to fill up. That means where I used to only refuel one time I’m now having to do it 2x before the job is done. Same with the weedeater and blower. I haven’t paid attention to my car yet but based on the above I bet it’s the same.

Not only are they charging us more for the gas but they are doing something to it to share you don’t get the miles you used to. I used to be able to mow my front yard without having to fill up, now I get half the front done before I got to fill up. That means where I used to only refuel one time I’m now having to do it 2x before the job is done. Same with the weedeater and blower. I haven’t paid attention to my car yet but based on the above I bet it’s the same.

That's odd, wonder if it went from ethanol free to e10 or e15 in your area. I'm getting the same mpg as always and no change in the lawn equipment usage.

Reactions: SilentStalkr
I'm seeing the same thing... If you really want to step off the deep end, read up on changes to motor oil.. I still run 30 wt in everything along with some different Lucas additives to put back what the EPA made them take out....
JMHO

you using 85 octane or 91? 91 does NOT contain ethanol, while everything else does.

I'm seeing the same thing... If you really want to step off the deep end, read up on changes to motor oil.. I still run 30 wt in everything along with some different Lucas additives to put back what the EPA made them take out....
JMHO
I run Mobil 1 100% synthetic. Used it for the last 30 years and never had an issue. The trick is to buy in 5 quart containers or when WalMart has the 3 gallon boxes on clearance. Superior in cold. My car would knock on a 0 degree day, no knocks with the Mobil 1. I ran the engine hard and it held up better with the Mobil 1. My engine looked new inside when I pulled the cast heads to slap on some aluminum ones at 75K miles. Mobil 1 made me a believer.

I run Mobil 1 100% synthetic. Used it for the last 30 years and never had an issue. The trick is to buy in 5 quart containers or when WalMart has the 3 gallon boxes on clearance. Superior in cold. My car would knock on a 0 degree day, no knocks with the Mobil 1. I ran the engine hard and it held up better with the Mobil 1. My engine looked new inside when I pulled the cast heads to slap on some aluminum ones at 75K miles. Mobil 1 made me a believer.
Same!

Reactions: Lightning8