• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Inflation.......... ?

Start asking a man who is working a 40 hour job just exactly what percent of his gross pay he is taking home with him.
When you say 'take home' ; do you mean, taking the $$ home to pay bills? OR what's actually left to buy that single MGD at circle K :D

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Hobo Hilton
When you say 'take home' ; do you mean, taking the $$ home to pay bills? OR what's actually left to buy that single MGD at circle K
payslip-picture-id636255140

Net pay that is shown on the paycheck stub..

Like everyone, I have a few items on my "Want List". My needs are fairly well taken care of. I am witnessing some asking prices far above the value of an item. Some ads will say "I really don't need to sell this but I'm testing the water"...
There is a lot of "Water Testing" going on in our country. Politically, Economy, Common Sense and a host of other things never seen in the history of America. I look forward to the passing of this darkest hour.

View attachment 7932401
yea, people are dipping toes, ready to jump in and become polar bears. It's coming, it won't be pretty. Rest assured, Bill gates and the political class will go to bed at night with full stomachs.

Like everyone, I have a few items on my "Want List". My needs are fairly well taken care of. I am witnessing some asking prices far above the value of an item. Some ads will say "I really don't need to sell this but I'm testing the water"...
There is a lot of "Water Testing" going on in our country. Politically, Economy, Common Sense and a host of other things never seen in the history of America. I look forward to the passing of this darkest hour.

View attachment 7932401
I check the PX numerous times a day. A whole bunch of stuff is just not moving=overpriced or people are too broke to buy…or waiting for further discounts.

Pro-tip: If you post something for sale, and it’s not selling, it’s priced too high.

right before every housing crash, you see multiple spikes after small declines in both mtg apps and prices. Crash is gonna be hard
I agree. The run up (spike) in the markets over the past 6 weeds is unexplainable. I see it as gamblers playing with other people's money.
I have been wrong before when observing the unexplainable.

I am starting to see a few comments from some really sharp people that are projecting "prices" will never return to pre-pandemic levels on anything. Now, that is a difficult challenge to prepare for if a person is on a fixed income.
And so many of those are obsessed with “security” so they support any government initiative. Little do they understand that they are fucking themselves.

The only way out of this mess is "Deflation".
Went to Home Depot today. Needed a fitting to hook garden hose to 1/2" NPT...
Cost of one fitting was $11.67.... On a good day that fitting should sell for no more than $5.00
Deflate prices at least 50% from where they are today..... Or suffer the consequences.

IMG_6959.JPG

I ordered an above ground 1000-gal propane tank last year. Was quoted $2800 delivered and installed. They couldn't get one for me as everything was backordered. Now the price is $6000 for the same tank, and that's not delivered or installed.

A two way 4" PVC clean out cost me $54 yesterday at the local plumbing supply place. Yes, that's for one piece of plastic.

• Sad
I saw that report come out this morning. The UK and Europe have a much better realization of the inflation rate. Here in America the politician's are feeding the sheeple a lot of bull shit propaganda..... The little household budgets know that the inflation rate is the same here as the rest of the world...
Inflation is worldwide.

The only way the FED Reserve can tackle inflation is to raise the interest rate to match the inflation rate....
Inflation is realistically, at 20%.......... Raise the interest rate to 20%.
Allow a guy with a few $$$ in the bank to at lease break even at the end of the year..... 20 / 20
Read it and weep:

The only way the FED Reserve can tackle inflation is to raise the interest rate to match the inflation rate....
Allow a guy with a few $$$ in the bank to at lease break even at the end of the year..... 20 / 20
Read it and weep:

It wouldn't work that way at a macro level. Raising interest rates that sharply would destroy the velocity of money in the economy, and then a real recession would ensue. This isn't Paul Volker's economy as there is a lot more debt in the economy that has to be serviced. This is what they are not telling you (or putting it all together for the masses to understand, probably a better way to say it). They are trying to "cool off" inflation while keeping demand high so that debt can still be serviced (keeping the banks solvent) but are also still printing money. Its not going to work.

Trying to keep the macro economy humming and prevent bank failures while printing money AND increasing interest rates is a fools game. Time will prove this true.

It wouldn't work that way at a macro level. Raising interest rates that sharply would destroy the velocity of money in the economy, and then a real recession would ensue. This isn't Paul Volker's economy as there is a lot more debt in the economy that has to be serviced. This is what they are not telling you (or putting it all together for the masses to understand, probably a better way to say it). They are trying to "cool off" inflation while keeping demand high so that debt can still be serviced (keeping the banks solvent) but are also still printing money. Its not going to work.

Trying to keep the macro economy humming and prevent bank failures while printing money AND increasing interest rates is a fools game. Time will prove this true.
You and I know they can only tread water for just so long...... Making it hard on the working middle class...
images

Reactions: devildog93
Read it and weep:

And pay taxes on

All these new little cars are being built with more aluminum, OTR 18 wheelers are being built with more aluminum, high tension cables in the power grid are aluminum and don't forget the beer cans....... The next shortage is looming.

The United States imported 5.5 million metric tons of aluminum in 2018, which is about $24.3 billion worth. The U.S.’s aluminum imports in 2018 came from a total of 134 countries. About 81.9% of aluminum imports into the U.S. came from these 15 countries,

And pay taxes on
And this is the other side of the money printing coin. You got inflation? You want more money in raises to match the inflation rate? Perfect, except the taxes you pay on that raise just knocked you back down, so you actually need a raise beyond the inflation rate to keep up, since you may be buying goods and services that exceed the inflation rate and taxes are increased. God help you if a raise takes you **just barely** into another tax bracket.

And this is the other side of the money printing coin. You got inflation? You want more money in raises to match the inflation rate? Perfect, except the taxes you pay on that raise just knocked you back down, so you actually need a raise beyond the inflation rate to keep up, since you may be buying goods and services that exceed the inflation rate and taxes are increased. God help you if a raise takes you **just barely** into another tax bracket.
I have seen several lower paid employees complain about notting getting back those crazy tax refunds they were used to getting.

The plus side is it devalues debt already in place.

Reactions: lariat
If the government is giving a handout you better duck because you are about to get slapped by the other hand.

• Sad
Despite rising costs, oil and gas producers globally are expected to book new records in cash flows and offer the best return on capital employed (ROCE) in 15 years, BMO Capital Markets said in a new report cited by Upstream.

Stronger oil and gas prices will be the key driver of record cash flows in the industry, according to an analysis by BMO Capital Markets of 120 oil and gas firms globally.

Have a big ol' glass of Koolaid......
LOL, inflation is easing? 1 MONTH. fk'n CNBC
More like.. They quit driving, going out, buying meat, and most food stocks, let their insurance lap, and cancelled the 401k. They've gone on the Maduro diet. Feral animals are no longer a concern around the house.
oh, the GREAT NEWS - 2% drop, LET'S PARTY

As of July, 59% of Americans said they lived paycheck to paycheck, down from 61% in June but still higher than a year ago, when the number of adults who felt stretched too thin was 54%

edit =
The fk'n headline is just sooooo misleading !@$##@!%$@#$$

Fewer Americans say they are living paycheck to paycheck as inflation begins to ease​

And the kicker, I bet those 250K dollar a year people, REALLY HAD to work at tightening their belts.:rolleyes:

" LendingClub Corp. conducted a survey from April 6-13 with about 4,000 US consumers, finding that roughly 36 percent of households bringing in $250,000-plus annually spend most of their income on household expenses."

Unfortunately, there appears to be no worldwide acceptable formula to calculate inflation. I suspect the Governments of the world are doing their best to "cook the books" and present lower inflation numbers in an effort to hold down panic. The article points out that inflation in the Euro Zone was 9.1%, France 6.5%, Spain 10.4% and Germany 8.8%. It is 8.7% here in the US.

Japan inflation rate is 2.6%.
Extensive government bond purchases by the Bank of Japan enabled the Japanese government to subsidise goods and services on a large scale. Estimates indicate that about 50 per cent of goods and services in the Japanese consumer basket — used to measure consumer price inflation — are subsidised.Aug 12, 2022

Kicking the can into 2023.

“My current view is that it will be necessary to move the fed funds rate up to somewhat above 4 percent by early next year and hold it there,” she said in prepared remarks for a speech in Dayton. “I do not anticipate the Fed cutting the fed funds rate target next year.”

Kicking the can into 2023.

“My current view is that it will be necessary to move the fed funds rate up to somewhat above 4 percent by early next year and hold it there,” she said in prepared remarks for a speech in Dayton. “I do not anticipate the Fed cutting the fed funds rate target next year.”

You can take the housing market out of the economy for a while. And the trade jobs that go with it. And the manufacturers of all housing related goods. Add to that the higher prices of everyday living and high debt loads of the citizenry. E Bryant may be right on the money - this thing could turn down on a dime, especially with the Fed utilizing backward looking data for performance metrics.

You can take the housing market out of the economy for a while. And the trade jobs that go with it. And the manufacturers of all housing related goods. Add to that the higher prices of everyday living and high debt loads of the citizenry. E Bryant may be right on the money - this thing could turn down on a dime, especially with the Fed utilizing backward looking data for performance metrics.
I agree 100% with "turn on a dime"..... A 3 day holiday weekend would give the rest of the world markets a chance to posture while America wakes up after a long weekend. I've mentioned a "Black Swan" event many times. Maybe a Black Swan appearing half way around the world and setting off a financial tsunami that washes over America.
Get ready and have a plan to out live 2 million of your fellow Americans..... Even BFC has a plan.

Bigfatcock

I agree 100% with "turn on a dime"..... A 3 day holiday weekend would give the rest of the world markets a chance to posture while America wakes up after a long weekend. I've mentioned a "Black Swan" event many times. Maybe a Black Swan appearing half way around the world and setting off a financial tsunami that washes over America.
Get ready and have a plan to out live 2 million of your fellow Americans..... Even BFC has a plan.

Bigfatcock

That’s happening right now
If you follow charts on various markets, look at them now

Worldwide........ And it all started right here in America and the rest of the world is following the US down the rabbit hole.
Yessir.
And the books are being cooked pretty subtly also. Example is employment numbers. The number they use is simply a gross number which counts a person holding 2 jobs (for need or whatever) as 2 separate employees and employments. What’s more indicative and true is a percentage of actual workforce employed which tells a different story.
Housing listing times are increasing (obviously) as mortgage rates go up. Those traditionally lag and probably won’t become more obvious until late fall, early winter.
‘The energy disaster for Europe will ripple. Winter may be ugly there.
‘Also keep an eye on Africa and the Middle East as the grain shipments were delayed, interrupted or some didn’t happen at all. In difficult times those are traditionally boiling point areas.
Theres still a pretty interesting divergence between the PPI and CPI Which bears watching. Wholesale versus retail if you will.
FWIW, anyone following the market talking heads and buying dips better have a fairly long timeline. If close to retirement and still in risk then that is folly. All the signs are there if you pay attention. Focus more on providing income than a gross number. Retirement is about cash flow not some magic number imo.
Sorry for the rant.

Yessir.
And the books are being cooked pretty subtly also. Example is employment numbers. The number they use is simply a gross number which counts a person holding 2 jobs (for need or whatever) as 2 separate employees and employments. What’s more indicative and true is a percentage of actual workforce employed which tells a different story.
Housing listing times are increasing (obviously) as mortgage rates go up. Those traditionally lag and probably won’t become more obvious until late fall, early winter.
‘The energy disaster for Europe will ripple. Winter may be ugly there.
‘Also keep an eye on Africa and the Middle East as the grain shipments were delayed, interrupted or some didn’t happen at all. In difficult times those are traditionally boiling point areas.
Theres still a pretty interesting divergence between the PPI and CPI Which bears watching. Wholesale versus retail if you will.
FWIW, anyone following the market talking heads and buying dips better have a fairly long timeline. If close to retirement and still in risk then that is folly. All the signs are there if you pay attention. Focus more on providing income than a gross number. Retirement is about cash flow not some magic number imo.
Sorry for the rant.
I don't take your input as a rant....... Thanks for sharing.
Very few even know about the boiling points of Africa and the middle East, in a way, self governs. Give Africa some basic dirty bombs and the Black Swan will fly.